Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:19:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 635
Total: 636

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Must be December in Canada ...  (Read 2925 times)

Offline DanielMark

Must be December in Canada ...
« on: December 01, 2006, 05:44:17 am »
Freezing rain warning for:
City of Ottawa

FREEZING RAIN AND ICE PELLETS DEVELOPING EARLY THIS MORNING AND ENDING THIS AFTERNOON OR THIS EVENING. THIS IS A WARNING THAT AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF FREEZING RAIN IS IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS.

A MAJOR WINTER STORM LOCATED OVER INDIANA THIS MORNING CONTINUES TO SPREAD A BROAD AREA OF PRECIPITATION INTO SOUTHERN ONTARIO AS IT IS MOVING TOWARDS THE PROVINCE TODAY. AS THE STORM HEADS NORTHEAST IT WILL COLLIDE WITH A COLD AIR MASS LEFT IN THE WAKE OF A COLD FRONT THAT WENT THROUGH YESTERDAY. THIS WILL CAUSE THE PRECIPITATION TO BRIEFLY BEGIN AS SNOW BEFORE TURNING TO FREEZING RAIN OR TO SIMPLY BEGIN AS FREEZING AND ICE PELLETS IN A WIDE SWATH EXTENDING FROM LAKE HURON TO THE OTTAWA VALLEY EARLY THIS MORNING..THEN SPREAD NORTHWARD AS SNOW LATER THIS MORNING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF FREEZING RAIN ARE POSSIBLE IN AREAS COVERED BY THE FREEZING RAIN WARNING. CURRENT INDICATIONS ARE THAT UP TO 20 MILLIMETRES MAY FALL. THE RELATIVELY WARM AND WET GROUND IN THE WAKE OF YESTERDAY'S RAIN AND THE RECENT MILD SPELL MAY LESSEN THE AMOUNT OF ICE ACCRETION ON ROADS AND SIDEWALKS. HOWEVER THE ACCRETION ON TREES..POWER LINES..AUTOMOBILES AND ANY EXPOSED OBJECT MAY BE SIGNIFICANT. THE FREEZING RAIN SHOULD CHANGE TO RAIN OR SNOW DEPENDING ON THE AREA LATER THIS AFTERNOON IN THE WEST AND EARLY THIS EVENING IN EASTERN DISTRICTS. NORTH OF THE FREEZING RAIN AREA..THE PRECIPITATION WHICH SHOULD START LATE THIS MORNING WILL REMAIN AS SNOW AND COULD BE MIXED WITH ICE PELLETS THIS AFTERNOON. SNOWFALL AMOUNTS IN THIS AREA ARE EXPECTED TO BE BETWEEN 15 TO 20 CENTIMETRES. ADDITIONALY..REGIONS JUST NORTH OF THE FREEZING RAIN AREA SUCH AS BANCROFT - HASTINGS HIGHLANDS - DENBIGH..THE SOUTHERN PORTION OF BARRY'S BAY - KILLALOE AND RENFREW - ARNPRIOR - CALABOGIE ARE EXPECTED TO RECEIVE BETWEEN 10 TO 15 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW AND ICE PELLETS AND THE PRECIPITATION IS ALSO EXPECTED TO CHANGE TO FREEZING RAIN FOR A FEW HOURS EARLY THIS AFTERNOON. AS THE LOW MOVES NORTHEAST THROUGH SOUTHERN ONTARIO INTO SOUTHERN QUEBEC THIS EVENING..VERY STRONG POSSIBLY DAMAGING SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS OF 60 GUSTING TO 90 KM/H WILL DEVELOP NEAR THE EAST END OF LAKE ERIE AND OVER PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY NEAR LAKE ONTAIRO. THE VERY STRONG WINDS WILL DIMINISH SOMEWHAT OVERNIGHT AS THEY SHIFT INTO THE WEST. IN THE PICTON - SANDBANKS PARK AREA WINDS WILL SUBSIDE A LITTLE LATER ON SATURDAY MORNING. ONCE THE STORM CENTRE HAS MOVED INTO SOUTHERN QUEBEC THIS EVENING IT WILL TAKE THE PRECIPITATION WITH IT LEAVING A FEW FLURRIES IN ITS WAKE. MOTORISTS SHOULD EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION AS HAZARDOUS WINTER DRIVING CONDITIONS ARE LIKELY ESPECIALLY ON UNTREATED ROADS. STRONG WINDS NEAR LAKES ERIE AND ONTARIO WILL ALSO MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT. TRAVEL PLANS SHOULD BE ALTERED ACCORDINGLY.

MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Nadine

Re: Must be December in Canada ...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 07:11:25 am »
Daniel,

That shit is coming down to Michigan, we had temps near 70 degrees earlier this week..you could have kept this to yourself  :D

Stay warm my friend and be careful if you plan to be on the roads.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 08:47:45 am »

Man it's cold in Florida too!   I think it's like 75 degrees or something outside right now ::)

Thomas
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 08:55:12 am »
I think it's like 75 degrees or something outside right now ::)

Good think I'm a lady and will hold my tongue!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 09:30:52 am »

OMG kitty is that you?
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 01:31:12 am »
Got my snow tires on this morning. Not a moment too soon. Hurry up and snow already, or at least don't rain anymore.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 05:41:41 am »
All I can do is send all of you who are heading into a cold winter some warm ((hugs))) from NZ...but remember when you guys are sweating your butts off in July and I'm freezing mine off..I want all those warm hugs returned... ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*

BTW Tom ..that's Miss kitty to you... :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline AtomicA

• that's Famous with an F
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 05:48:51 am »
Jan - "freezing" in july? lol, I think that freezing is a relative term!  I have lived in Sydney in the middle of 'winter' when everyone there was walking around in parka's and scarves complaining about the "freezing" weather while i was out in a t-shirt and shorts every day.

Calgary has already had at least 2 feet of snow this season and it's not even winter yet! our most recent heat spell was when it went up to -1, for about 9 hours. Then it was straight back to -18 again... I would love some freezing rain as that would imply it was warm enough for water to be liquid SOMEWHERE in or above the city. Snow behaves in a very odd fasion at -20 and below... after you drive on it for a while it develops the consistancy of liquid graphite. we're at 400 accidents and counting since last friday!

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 08:19:22 am »
What a difference a day makes.

This was the view from my window at 8 this morning. Sun's up and it will be a very cold day,
but at least the wretched sleet of yesterday is just a distant memory now.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Oh501sguy

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 08:29:41 am »
It was in the high 60s here in Columbus, Ohio... All of a sudden it drops and its in the 20s and 30s...

BRRRRRR!   But then I don't mind the cold.  It's the snow I hate!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.