Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:36:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772786
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 223
Total: 226

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread Part 55---Love is in the Air and positive things are in bloom...  (Read 54337 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Morning all,

Latrice, I can't believe this is my last grading period.  It really went by pretty fast.

#1mom, please keep us updated on what the cardiologist says.  I hope everything's alright with Lucas. 

Queen, so do you have the car now, or did your soon to be ex-bff take it?  That would really suck if she did.  I know how much you need it.

Andrea, I have to take the online class if I want to be done by May.  I don't like having to take something online.  I don't really do well without a "live" teacher.  But, it's something I have to do.  Good luck with the Lexapro.  Most people I know who take that have pretty good success stories. 

Nothing exciting.  Tonight starts a new class at the school-Anatomy and Physiology.  I hope the teacher doesn't try to race through the book like the Biology teacher did.  You all have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Happy1976

Evening Ladies

Nothing much, wanted to say HI to you all. ;)

Happy
Nothing happens until I make it happen .contributed by: Scott Wilson

Offline camille07

Hey ladies-  its been a few days.  I really skimmed.  I'm very busy today.

Mum-  glad that mini had a good report...I also find the term "unremarkable" strange for reports, with regards to you "impression comment".

Thanks Queen for the response.  That sounds like a great camera.  The higher the megapixels...the better the resolution.

I've had a busy last few days but I need to vent ladies.  I went out with my ex husband (we're good friends, if you're new to the thread).  It was an urban cool pub that everyone frequents and on this particular day an nba game was playing.  The guys next to me said that the player was wearing a mask because he was HIV.  I looked at them and said, "a mask to do what".  And they said cover him if he had a blood spill.  Before I could think, he said,  besides, ..."his sweat is killing us".  I looked at my ex and said wtf?

It takes a lot to push me  and this pushed me.......I want to scream "I am HIV"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 06:56:15 pm by camille07 »

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
HI!! :)!!

Queen- Breathe....LOL....I know the situation with the car is going to be resolved, And I met my husband on myspace.....

Betty-Congrats!!

#1-Blessings to you!!

well everything is everything here!! I got to  see if I can get Ryan White assitance . I got married and my insurance tripped hard!! I hate going to CATF!! but it is the only way to get insurance right now.
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Offline FruitLoop

Morning,

You ever been so tired that you forget how to spell? I seriously just spell checked "morning" to make sure I had it right. Been crazy here at work. Spent all night last night installing new fire/tornado alarms campus wide. Got home around 5:30 am, ate and took meds, got the kids up and out the door for school, and spent most of the morning yelling at the dogs to stop fighting. Gave up on sleep cuz I had class to get to.  Then spent all tonight here at work running around making sure all the new alarms work campus wide. Caffeine has been my best friend today! Wore out!

Camille, there are certainly plenty of idiots out there. It's almost like they have 2 brain cells. The first cell is having a seizure and the second one is mugging the first.

#1 mom, how's your son doing?

BT and Viv, I've done a few online classes myself and they can be a pain in the ass, depending on the system that your school uses. My advise is stay in touch with the instructors. Couple of mine even arranged to meet in person at school to go over material.

Queen, I have yet to try Warcraft, I want to though. It looks great. I can't afford a PS3 either, so I have the old xbox. I've been busy with Elder Scrolls and Fable for a while now and sometimes mix it up with the Socom series when I feel like blowing stuff up. Every now and then I have to give one of the kids a beat down with Madden NFL, just to remind them who's boss.

Well, I just got called on the radio so I gotta get. Have a great day all.

Smell Mop Who

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Morning ladies,

Happy, thanks for checking in.  What's going on with you?

TreDai, I peaked at your wedding pictures thread.  Those are really nice pictures.  I wish you all the happiness in the world.  And good luck getting Ryan White assistance.  I don't know what state you live in, but I don't see why you wouldn't get some help.

Camms, wow.  Isn't it amazing that today, with all the information out about HIV/AIDS, how ignorant some people still are?  And more than ignorant, foolish, because they choose not to get educated.  Those kind of people are the ones who really piss me off.  I would want to set the record straight.  I'm very open to people about having HIV.  And most people, especially once they get to know me (not that I'm all that or anything), are pretty accepting. 

Fruitloop, what kind of work do you do?  It sounds awfully busy, plus your busy schedule at home.  Wow, no wonder you overindulge in caffeine.   I do hope you get a chance to rest and get some sleep. 

The Anatomy class last night went pretty well.  Tonight I start an independent study called "Topics in Psychology."  I guess we're going to study different personality disorders.  I really like the instructor, so that should go well.  The instructor last night was pretty entertaining.  I have most of the work done for my online class for this week; I just have to take a quiz.  Quizzes and exams always make me extremely nervous.   

It's supposed to be up to 57F degrees today.  I'm probably going to go to the Y in an hour to exercise.  Other than that and class, I do need to go to the store for a few things.  You ladies all have a good day.

Anyone want to start the new thread?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Well, someone definitely needs to start a new thread. As for the car, I am waiting for the guy to show up to put the gasket on. I can't creep if you can hear me from a block away... ;) And no, Betty, my ex-bff did not get the car. I wouldn't give it to her anyway, everything is in my name. And I just got the insurance back on it on the 3rd. She can have it back when she pays me for what I just had fixed and for the labor. It's day 2 of being on meds, I am still feeling a little queasy in the morning when I get up. But I am sure that will go away in a few weeks. I still don't have a pcp yet and no more refills on my Lantus.

Tre--Wow, you met your hubby on MySpace, that's cool. I am a major flirt over there. Did meet someone off of there but just recently ended it with him. But I did just hear from someone I use to date back in the day when I lived in Harrisburg. It has been like 8 years since we talked and I see on his profile that he is single, so no telling what could happen.... ;)

Camms---Sorry about the incident. Something like that has never happened to me though I have been called an aids infested bitch by my one sister..And she works in the medical field, even more ignorant coming from her..go figure... ::)

That's about it for me, gonna try to enjoy this nice weather we're about to have....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.