Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:56:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 503
Total: 506

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Multi Vitamins without Sulfate  (Read 10594 times)

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
Multi Vitamins without Sulfate
« on: August 12, 2007, 03:05:37 pm »
I was taking a Multi Vitamin that I purchace at a local department store (Kmart) thinking oh its cheap why not. After taking for sometime I noticed a rash starting on my arms, at the time really did not think much about it until recently I started to receive a rash develop on my legs. Long story short I got to reading on my vitamin bottle and Sulfate came up. So I tosed them in the trash after that. Now the fun part going to find the right Multi-Vitamin and making sure it does not have sulfate on the label since im alergic to sulfa.

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
Re: Multi Vitamins without Sulfate
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 10:24:57 am »
Sulfate and sulfonamide ("sulfa") are very different things. Sulfate is an inorganic anion without any effects on the body, quite literally very dead in terms of metabolism. Sulfa (better: sulfonamides) on the other hand, are active organic agents, usually found in and used as antibiotics. I seriously doubt that your multivitamins contained sulfonamides. However, an allergic reaction to multivitamin pills is still possible, probably not to sulfate but perhaps to some other fillers. 
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline risred1

• My Source for Supps - www.newyorkbuyersclub.org
Re: Multi Vitamins without Sulfate
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 11:34:52 am »
this may be suitable as a high quality vitamin.

http://nybcsecure.org/product_info.php?products_id=163

Price of 14 bucks + shipping is for a 30 day supply. I take the 6 tabs in two doses, 3 in the morning and 3 before bed.

This does have 200 mcg of selenium as a daily dose.

I purchase 3 bottles or 3 months at a time. I get other supplements from NYBC, so i order every 2 or three months.

Added Protection III (AMNI) Each bottle, 180 tabs, a 30 day supply. This superior, highly bioavailable formula, with cutting-edge mineral delivery forms by Albion Laboratories, supplies over 30 basic vitamins, minerals, trace elements and other nutrients, including beta-carotene, vitamin K and boron. Added Protection III is unique in that the vitamins are coated to separate them from minerals which can oxidize and weaken them (seen sometimes as black spots on tablets). Beta-carotene gives the tablets their pink color. Added Protection III is extremely bioavailable since it can be taken in up to six separate doses per day if one desires, and the tablets are documented to disintegrate within 30 minutes following digestion. In addition, the minerals found in this multivitamin are obtained from Albion Labs, which produces chelated forms that are the most bioavailable (easily absorbed) in the industry, according to some studies. Chelation means that the mineral is embedded in amino acids, in this case, between two glycine molecules. The dosages of the minerals are also designed to provide optimal quantities but not too much, since too much can be toxic. In addition, the chelated (and other forms) are designed to limit side effects experienced by sensitive individuals. If you experience any stomach problems, nausea, diarrhea or constipation once starting this regimen, you may be experiencing a reaction to this formulation and should stop to see if the problem clears up. Recommended dose: 6 tabs/day (2-3x/day—or more often—with food). Store cool, dry, away from light.

Six tablets provide:

B-Complex Vitamins:
Vitamin B1 (thiamine mononitrate) 100 mg
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 50 mg
Niacin (a form of Vitamin B3). 40 mg
Niacinamide (a form of Vitamin B3) 150 mg
Pantothenic Acid (B5, d-calcium form) 400 mg
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl) 50 mg
Folic acid 800 mcg
Vitamin B12(on ion exchange resin) 100 mcg
Biotin 300 mcg
Choline (bitartrate) 150 mg

Other Vitamins:
Vitamin A (palmitate, water soluble) 10,000 IU
Beta Carotene (added Vitamin A activity) 5,000 IU
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid, corn-free) 1200 mg
Vitamin D-3 (fish liver oil) 200 IU
Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 400 IU
Vitamin K-1 (phytonadione) 60 mcg

Minerals:
Calcium (citrate ascorbate) 500 mg
Magnesium (aspartate-ascorbate complex) 500 mg
Potassium (aspartate-ascorbate complex) 99 mg
Copper (amino acid chelate) 2 mg
Manganese (aspartate-ascorbate complex) 20 mg
Zinc (amino acid chelate) 30 mg
Iodine (kelp) 150 mcg
Chromium GTF (bioactive ChromeMate form) 200 mcg
Selenium (amino acid complex) 200 mcg
Molybdenum (amino acid chelate) 150 mcg
Vanadyl sulfate (vanadium amino acid chelate) 200 mcg
Boron (aspartate-citrate) 2 mg

Other Ingredients:
PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) 50 mg
Inositol (B-complex growth factor) 50 mg
Bioflavonoids (from citrus fruit) 100 mg
Methionine (DL-form, amino acid) 62.5 mg
Cysteine (L-form, amino acid) 250 mg
risred1 - hiv +
02/07 CD4 404 - 27% - VL 15k
10/07 CD4 484 - 31% - VL 45k
05/08 CD4 414 - 26% - VL 70k
01/09 CD4 365 - 23% - VL 65k
05/09 CD4 291 - 23% - VL 115k - Started Meds - Reyataz/Truvada
06/09 CD4 394 - ?% - VL 1200 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
07/09 CD4 441 - ?% - VL 118 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
09/09 CD4 375 - ?% - VL Undetectable - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
12/09 CD4 595 - ?% - VL Undetectable - VIT D 34 - Reyataz/Truvada/Norvir

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.