Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:16:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 624
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 598
Total: 598

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Way to go, Europe  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Way to go, Europe
« on: May 25, 2014, 03:11:18 pm »
The nouveau Nazis haven't just returned they're now winning elections. Marine may lend a pretty face to her father's ugly ideology but are people that easily fooled?

Hey UK -- how's Nigel doing today? At least Geert tanked in the Dutch elections.

It's a bit like tea baggers on steroids, don't you think?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline YellowFever

Re: Way to go, Europe
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 07:10:26 pm »
UKIP is coming in at 30% at the moment..according to the BBC. But I don't think it is really the rise of the nouveau Nazi but the rise of EU-Skepticism. Lots of people want reform in EU but not sure how to go about doing it. UKIP doesn't like FN. FN doesn't like Golden Dawn....
08/2010 HIV- 08/2012 HIV+
10/2012 CD4 415
04/2013 CD4 457
10/2013 CD4 520 VL 650
02/2014 CD4 410 VL 390
08/2014 CD4 580
01/2015 CD4 500 VL UD
05/2015 CD4 420 VL 2500
08/2015 CD4 460 VL UD
03/2016 CD4 500 VL UD
08/2016 CD4 410 VL 4467

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 08:29:28 pm »
Not the finest hour. That said, the far right ebbs and flows regularly in European politics.
The FN is odious.  Its one thing to be anti-EU but the WHOLE package and agenda of the far right in these countries is xenophobic, reactionary, and deeply racist.  Sound familiar?  Same agenda as the white far-right in the USA. Well, at least in Europe they are not all armed to the teefs.
Its a dead fucking end, this racist "homeland" xenophobia. Really a cynical power play by the politicians.  Its too late to reverse the tide of multiculturalism in most Western EU countries.  France lost that battle in the 70s anyway.  Everyone of these countries needed the workers and guess what, they all had kids, a lot more than the "homies", and all those multicolour children are the ones who will pay for the welfare states for the next decades.

Voters the world over are god-damned suckers... They ain't going to see the promises the far-right offers.  At least not most of the promises.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:34:34 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 12:25:56 pm »
The nouveau Nazis haven't just returned they're now winning elections. Marine may lend a pretty face to her father's ugly ideology but are people that easily fooled?

Hey UK -- how's Nigel doing today? At least Geert tanked in the Dutch elections.

It's a bit like tea baggers on steroids, don't you think?

No I think its more serious than that. I hate the way History is ignored, every vote for these shallow easy fix populist right wing Party,s so ignores our history. Nigel farrago garage is very much a type off Englishman. I don,t think he is actually a racist but his party is a magnet for them. The French National Front is organized , dangerous and one can argue tapping in to a active French grouping that was in existence for the last Century. The Scandi countries I do not know enough about, there immigrants I believe are mostly Political refugees. All off Europe not just Germany ,Italy, France had to deal with the forces off the right that lead to the 2nd WW , I guess it will never go away.

What unites them all is a blindness to Globalization and ignorance off how lucky we Northern Euro,s are when it comes to the worlds cutting off the cake.

UK has always had a ambiguous relationship to Europe , party Empire hangover Party being an Island , mostly stupid. Faragegarage UKip indeed did very well , hopefully now they are being financed by the very organization they wish to abolish and there relative naivete as Politicians will lead to some juicy scandals and they will be a one term protest vote.  What I fear is a Particularly charismatic individual who will have the Power to unite all these National Glory types. So far I do not see one fingers firmly crossed there is no one who can do it.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline vertigo

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 05:00:52 pm »
I saw a bit on TV the other day regarding racism at European football (soccer) matches, and was quite taken aback.  Fans making monkey chants whenever a black player goes on the field, throwing bananas, all sorts of horrible conduct.  Apparently this is quite widespread and has gone on for years.  Rather contradicts the image of Europe being more advanced and civilized and whatnot.  I guess this filters into the mainstream politics, as well.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 05:35:10 pm »
I saw a bit on TV the other day regarding racism at European football (soccer) matches, and was quite taken aback.  Fans making monkey chants whenever a black player goes on the field, throwing bananas, all sorts of horrible conduct.  Apparently this is quite widespread and has gone on for years.  Rather contradicts the image of Europe being more advanced and civilized and whatnot.  I guess this filters into the mainstream politics, as well.

All true, every conceivable human trait exists in Europe.Though I would encourage as always a look at statistics , UK has a particular active stand against racism on the field in FootballSoccer sadly FIFA the world body are and have been a corrupt bunch off impotent pus filled warts.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 06:10:50 pm »
I don't find "Europe" more "advanced" or "civilised" than any other continent.  What it is, is richer,  and has comprehensive safety nets but even those are gross generalizations. Other than that, you got the full political and social spectrums.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline vertigo

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 06:24:32 pm »
I don't find "Europe" more "advanced" or "civilised" than any other continent.  What it is, is richer,  and has comprehensive safety nets but even those are gross generalizations. Other than that, you got the full political and social spectrums.

Of course.  The reality is always going to be bigger and messier than a "Rick Steves Europe" travel show on TV.  Still eye-opening though, at least to this American.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 06:34:07 pm »
The racism on display at Football matches is eye opening to this Euro.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 06:45:15 pm »
Then there's Cecile Kyenge...
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.