Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:21:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37645
  • Latest: ravsam
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773228
  • Total Topics: 66339
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 254
Total: 255

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Great news  (Read 5206 times)

Offline HIV? poz about being neg

Great news
« on: May 26, 2010, 11:50:25 am »
Got my results back have been on Atripla for over a month and no real side effects other then the drowsiness after I take them. Went in for my Lab work on the 11th of May which was close to one month of Atripla and my results are in My VL is down to 300 and my CD4 is up to 520!!  I'm thinking that is pretty good right?
Jan/25/07 VL > 100 000 CD4 480 21%
Apr/13/10     Started Atripla
May/11/10    VL !! 300 !!     CD4 520
Jul/15/10      VL    75          CD4 400   27%
Dec/20/10    VL UD             CD4 390 28%
Jan/10/12    VL UD              CD4 670 28%
Mar/31/14    VL UD              CD4 580 37%
May/27/14    VL UD              CD4 750
29%
Aug/18/14    Chemo HGL
Nov/10/14    VL UD               CD4 750
38%
Nov/25/14  Started Truvada with Tivicay

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Great news
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 12:05:50 pm »

I'm thinking that is pretty good right?

It's not "pretty good", it's flaming excellent! Congrats.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kevykev110

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 12:49:38 pm »
Great! no "real" side effects? just drowsiness?  no diaohrrhea? fevers?  no sleep loss? nothing other than drowsiness? how long the drowsiness last for? no feelings of fatigue? 

Congrats though!

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:50:34 pm »
Great! no "real" side effects? just drowsiness?  no diaohrrhea? fevers?  no sleep loss? nothing other than drowsiness? how long the drowsiness last for? no feelings of fatigue?  

You're spoiling the party Debbie Downer.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline kevykev110

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 02:02:52 pm »
You're spoiling the party Debbie Downer.

No! i never met someone without side effects so im just shocked!...im happy he doesnt have any, but he said no "real" side effects which tells me he has some to some extent

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 02:08:11 pm »
No! i never met someone without side effects so im just shocked!...im happy he doesnt have any, but he said no "real" side effects which tells me he has some to some extent

You need to read more threads here. There are plenty of people who do not experience side effects.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mecch

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 02:09:07 pm »
Well, read this forum more often there are many reports of side effect free HAART experiences.

Edit:  Oops, same thought!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 02:12:08 pm »

You need to stop projecting.  We all know you've had that bottle of Aripla sitting around now for three months.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mecch

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 02:15:21 pm »
Anyway, poz/neg, CONGRATS.

And maybe explain your pseudo - I for one don't get it since you are poz.

Offline peteb

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 02:19:45 pm »
congrads :)

Offline kevykev110

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 02:54:14 pm »
You need to read more threads here. There are plenty of people who do not experience side effects.

yea!... i just joined the forum sometime last week, so i''l catch up

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 06:38:33 pm »
yea!... i just joined the forum sometime last week, so i''l catch up

Most people experience little to no side effects on Atripla we just don't talk about unless someone says "Man these side effects sound terrible!"

Offline HIV? poz about being neg

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 01:28:51 pm »
well Kev the only side effects i have experienced on here where that of the drowsiness about an hour after taking it but I just go to bed and all is OK.
Now I had said before that about a week in I had an extreme boost of energy and at that time someone had made a comment that that was all in my head but still even now I feel like a new person with so much more energy. So that as well might be a side effect from atripla but for me its a good one. The whole dream thing never happend, no Diarrhea, no rash nothin....mind you I did break out with shingles a week before i started taking Atripla so i was taking a lot of Tylenol maybe that had some effect on the no side effects.
Either way I am very happy with Atripla i kinda regret not starting earlier now, things where not going so well for me a few month before i started Atripla I was so tired worn out honestly felt terrible.
Jan/25/07 VL > 100 000 CD4 480 21%
Apr/13/10     Started Atripla
May/11/10    VL !! 300 !!     CD4 520
Jul/15/10      VL    75          CD4 400   27%
Dec/20/10    VL UD             CD4 390 28%
Jan/10/12    VL UD              CD4 670 28%
Mar/31/14    VL UD              CD4 580 37%
May/27/14    VL UD              CD4 750
29%
Aug/18/14    Chemo HGL
Nov/10/14    VL UD               CD4 750
38%
Nov/25/14  Started Truvada with Tivicay

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 01:56:56 pm »
Congrats Poz/Neg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are amazing results! Yay you!!

btw (@Kev), just as an example, I have zero, zilch, nada, no side effects,  not even a loose stool :) No, I'm not on Atripla but it's absolutely possible to be on HAART and not have side effects, and Im sure there are alot of people on Atripla without side effects as well.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline kevykev110

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 03:39:47 pm »
well Kev the only side effects i have experienced on here where that of the drowsiness about an hour after taking it but I just go to bed and all is OK.
Now I had said before that about a week in I had an extreme boost of energy and at that time someone had made a comment that that was all in my head but still even now I feel like a new person with so much more energy. So that as well might be a side effect from atripla but for me its a good one. The whole dream thing never happend, no Diarrhea, no rash nothin....mind you I did break out with shingles a week before i started taking Atripla so i was taking a lot of Tylenol maybe that had some effect on the no side effects.
Either way I am very happy with Atripla i kinda regret not starting earlier now, things where not going so well for me a few month before i started Atripla I was so tired worn out honestly felt terrible.

Good to know....Well, im starting this friday nite, rain or snow! ligthening or thunder....I pray and hope for the same results...i plan to work out 5-times this new week. Also, i wanna drink atleast 3-4 bottles of water per day for the next few weeks... ( i usually drink about 1 a day) and i hope that helps

Offline mecch

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 10:45:12 am »
Don't see how the work out plan helps if its not your usual thing. I'd take it easy.  

Also, dont drink TOO much water. TOO much is as bad as too little.

You actually dont have to do anything special.  All these new years resolution type declarations means you're putting too much focus on your control of something that is just chemical. 

Just start the drugs and see how it goes. Probably pretty well.  The only thing you need to resolve is to be patient, to take them everyday, and to get help if there is a problem to adjust to.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:47:55 am by mecch »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.