Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:02:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: One year later  (Read 16444 times)

Offline sixstrings

One year later
« on: November 13, 2006, 01:49:43 pm »
In Feb of 2005 I had protected sex with a female partner.  She finished and I didnt, and like a fool I removed the condom.  She continued to rub her wet vagina against the head of my penis until I finished.  I really dont think there was penetration, but it could have been brief. If so it was just the tip.   She was on top.  We continued to talk for six months and finally I got in a relationship, and we no longer talked.  This one night stand bugged me alot because I never had one before or after that scenario.  I had a sore throat for about two weeks 3 months later, and a bactrim induced rash for one day.  I know common symptoms for alot besides hiv.  I decided to get tested 9 days ago, which would have put it at about 22 months after the possible exposure.  I had an antibody test done for peace of mind, and the result came back nonreactive I know this means negative.  I havent had any risky behavior since her and was just wondering would a negative test at 22 months after exposure be conclusive enough to put my mind at ease.  I recently called her last week just to talk and her and her mom said all is well, and she is in a happy relationship, and is expecting a child anyday.  She also told me she was clean.  I know I worry alot for no reason, and have already been told by the health department, that my test was conclusive.  I just worry bout antibodies showing up late.  Thanks for any input you you may have.  i have had one negative test at 22 months is that conclusive enough?  Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Need advice please read
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 01:56:45 pm »
Six, a negative test result at anytime from 13 weeks on after an unprotected incident gives you a reliable result. So you have certainly conclusively tested negative. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

No surprise you tested negative since it's questionable as to whether you ever had a real risk during that incident since it may not have even involved unprotected penetration. But that's irrelevant now since you have your negative result in hand.

Condoms provide very effective protection. You just have to be sure to use one everytime you have intercourse and you will be fine as far as HIV is concerned.

On further word of caution. You used the term "clean" to refer to your former gf. That's considered to be very offensive when talking about HIV or even STDs in general. It's a matter of being positive or negative and not dirty or clean. Think about it for a minute and you'll realize how offensive and hurtful it is to others to hear those terms applied to their HIV status.

As far as HIV is concerned at this point you have no cause for concern.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 02:12:35 pm »
Andy,
My apologies man.  I meant nothing rude or crude.  I sincerely apologize if it was taken that way.  I should have worded it differently.  So it does not matter when I took it as long as it is six months or after correct?  I assume the body would have built up sufficient antibodies to detect by then.  I just noticed all of the other people who test take so many test.  It kinda made me doubt mine was conclusive.  Are the antibody test reliable forms of testing.  I just wanna put a stop to this worrying before it turns to obsessing.  So in your eyes no further testing is necessary correct.  I can live my life now

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 02:33:26 pm »
As long as it was 12 weeks or after.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 04:53:03 pm »
Six, often people test when they don't need to, so don't allow what others do in relation to this issue to influence you. The CDC recommends testing at 13 weeks after a possibly risky incident, but many countries use 12 weeks as the standard. Either will give you a reliable result.

Your test result was way beyond that period so you can take a breath and just get on with your life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 01:51:22 pm »
Ok. So I know my worries should be over, and I should move on with my life.  It just the thought of a false negative that scares me.  I know 22 mos is well well beyond the window period, and I need to accept this negative result.  just read so much junk on the net that makes you second guess reality.  I need to move on from this. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 03:48:40 pm »
As long as a test is done at the appropriate time, (13 weeks or beyond), false negatives are not an issue. Occasionally there maybe a false positive. Since every positive is checked by re-testing + a western blot, those are quickly corrected.

You have no cause for further concern at this point about HIV. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 05:58:09 pm »
Thanks alot for the reply.  It is funny how the mind can make you doubt.  Its alot on the internet that helps, but there is a bunch of baloney that can scare the crap out of ya too.  So many different views on the window period, and how reliable the test are.  I know it was an antibody test because the results said specimen nonreactive for hiv antibodies.  I feel mighty selfish because I was one of the lucky ones.  Alot of people are not so fortunate.  I feel for them and will remember them in prayer.  My mind is just one of those that doesnt accept good news I guess.  Any tips on how to accept this result and move on?

Offline Rhino

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 09:14:50 pm »
Sixstrings

Use my technique. Bookmark this thread and whenever you feel doubtfull or anxious read it. Then immediately busy your mind with something else, something uplifting. Stay away from all other HIV related sites. In time you anxiety will subside. Talking to a professional counsellor can help too if you feel you need it.

Stay safe.

Do you play guitar?

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 06:31:54 pm »
still worried about the what ifs.  Like what if test got messed up, or didnt pick up antibodies because of late seroconversion.  I know these fears are ridiculous but know matter what I try I still have anxiety.  Just how risky is rubbing genitals if no penetration was invloved.  What if the head barely penetrated.  I also have ocd so I think it may be showing itself again. 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 08:23:50 pm »
No risk what so ever...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 08:25:15 am »
Six, fortunately feelings aren't facts.

We are fresh out of wands to be waved so that you won't any longer have thoughts that bother you. All we can tell you is that you have reliably tested negative for HIV. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

No matter how your mind may continue to come up with scary WHAT IF scenarios that will not change the validity of your test result.

If you can't let go of this concern then I suggest you get professional help to address the emotional aspects of this unwarranted concern. That kind of help is beyond the province of this site.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 10:47:03 am »
I realize this.  I really am just worried about false negatives.  I admit I read too much on the net.  You can find a bunch of garbage on the internet.  If a test was not reliable for picking up the antibodies they would not be using it to screen people.  Is the antibody test whose resultsd read nonreactive for hiv antibodies more than likely the elisa test.  The sample was taken at the local health department and sent to a lab.  I got the results in a week.  When I got the results I was so relieved!  It just seems I could not let the fear go of having hiv.  These test are pretty accurate right?  I just read so much about 3 mos and 6 mos.  I just wondered if at 22 mos the body would still have antibodies.  It seems there would be more than significant antibodies 22 mos post risk for the test to pickup.  There were no number values on the result just a plain nonreactive for hiv antibodies statement.  I was also tested for all other stds and they were non reactive also.  Is it normal for people to hold onto this fear and anxiety for a while after recieving a nonreactive result?  In your honest opinion is the one test enough?  Forgive me for asking so many questions but I cant seem to shake this anxiety.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 10:56:43 am »
Once you are infected you will always have antibodies. Your test came back negative so guess what you are negative. If you are having trouble getting over your fears then seek the help of a mental health professional.

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 11:13:26 am »
so even though it was just one test and it wasnt at the recommened 3 or 6 months it doesnt matter?  As long as it was after six months and nonreactive it is conclusive correct?.  Im kinda lost with this hiv thing.  So many different views and stuff.  I think someone would be better off not surfing the net who had a negative result.  It only adds to the what ifs in the mind.  And believe me I know all about the mind.  Ive had on and off ocd for years.  I really appreciate all of your advice as well as dr bobs.  So one test at 22 months is definately conclusive of your hiv status.?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 11:20:40 am »
You took the test beyond the testing period and received a negative result which means you don't have antibodies for HIV which means you aren't infected. The 13 weeks is the earliest you can take a test and get a conclusive test result. Yours was well beyond it. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 11:47:29 am »
Yes, you would be much better off if you stopped surfing the net. Because believe me if you continue to do that you are going to find disinformation that will continue to feed your fears.

You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Are you willing to let go and get on with your life? That's the real question.

Andy Velez

Offline Rhino

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 06:20:26 pm »
Sixstrings

Every antibody test batch that's run has both a positive and negative control sample which makes the test fool proof. If anything get "messed up" the lab technician knows right away because the controls don't return the correct readings and he re-runs the batch. Your test was conclusive, its just the "what if" blues you are going through.

Late seroconversion is only a concern for people who have very serious immune systems problems (Chemotherapy, bone marrow transplant etc) and that's not you.

Anxiety sounds like your real problem, Hiv definitely is not.

Rhino

( I did three months therapy for OCD. It can be beaten! )

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 08:03:00 pm »
Rhino, 
I dont understand about the control batch youre talking about.  Does that reduce false negatives.  Man I have had OCD for a long time.  Started around 21 yrs.  Now Im 36.  Its only bad once in a while.  Ive learned to beat it, but this time I dont know if its ocd or just a fear of the test being messed up.  I know ocd has to have something to do with it.  What kind of therapy helped you?  Ocd is a funny thing.  I may go for years and it not bother me very badly, but when it does it may take a month to get over an episode. 

Offline Rhino

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 11:22:26 pm »
Sixstrings

In every batch there are two serum (blood) samples provided in the test kit. One known to be HIV positive and one known to be HIV negative. If the test is not done properly these samples return incorrect readings and the test discarded and re-done. These test are so specific, sensitive and easy to use that a lab tech in a tent somewhere in the middle of the Sudan can do it and get just as accurate and reliable results as your test performed in a lab in the city.

Us OCD worry warts need to remember just two main thing about testing:

It is highly specific - meaning it reacts only to HIV antibodies so as not to give false positives.
It is extremely sensitive - meaning it detects even extremely low concentrations of HIV antibodies to prevent false negatives once the subject is beyond the window period of 12/13 weeks, which you are WAY past.

You don't have HIV.

You didn't answer my question  >:(

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 05:47:51 pm »
Yeah I play guitar.  Have for a long long time.  Come to think of it havent played since taking the test.  I know there is nothing yall can do to make me accept the negative, and frankly I cant understand why I wont accept it.  I just worry about late seroconversion.  False negative.  Thats what keeps popping up in my mind.  Its affecting my relationship with my girlfriend of 1 1/2 years.  I just havent been in the mood lately from all the fears Ive thought of.  This anxiety is tough almost as bad as the anxiety of waiting for the results.  When I got them I was relieved to the point of elation.  I just wish I could accept this and move on from this and start new!  It doesnt make sense

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 08:17:19 pm »
why does everyone have so many test?  Is my one test just as conclusive as their 3 or 4.  I guess thats what confuses me.  Wouldnt one test at 22 months be just as likely to pick up antibodies as a 3 or 6 month test?  I dont know what kind of test it was but they drew blood and sent it to a lab.  Got it back in 7 days saying nonreactive for hiv antibodies.  From my understanding false negatives are caused by taking a test too early correct?  Since I had these doubts start I have felt apprehensive to make love with my girlfriend.  Thats not like me.  I know I have tested negative but my mind is playing big tricks on me in the form of doubts.  She cant catch what I dont have.

Offline Rhino

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 11:36:07 pm »
Sixstrings

That's right. You can't give someone HIV if you don't have it. I had so many test because I allowed my obsession control me. I only needed ONE. You only needed ONE. The fact that they said it was "non-reactive for HIV antibodies" mean they did an ELISA or EIA (they are the same) test. This is a kind of standard statement for ELISA/EIA test that come back negative. Your test was conclusive.

False negatives are only a concern if the test is done before the 12/13 week window period. As a matter of fact most people will test reliably by six weeks (experts please correct me if I'm wrong).

Give yourself some time to allow you anxiety to subside. Find some kind of relaxing, uplifting activity to occupy your mind like ... playing guitar for instance!

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2006, 06:46:58 pm »
ok I think Im getting closer to accepting this negative result.  I would have been better off to never search the net for any info.  This site has helped greatly.  I just am haveing a hard time wondering about the one test.  Since so many people have one at 3 and 6 mos.  I had just one at 22 mos.  I will not test again because I aint givin in to this obsession.  Give me your honest opinion everyone!  Will I be ok just to accept this result.  22 mos has to be conclusive.  I keep thinking what if my body stopped producing antibodies, or what if it has not even started yet.  Im a perfectly healthy 36 year old male.  Except for this obsession that has started since I tested.  And negative at that.  How ungrateful I must look. 

Offline Rhino

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 04:31:40 pm »
Sixstrings

All we've told you so far have little to do with opinions. Everything we've said is base on scientifically proven facts. Facts don't change.

Fact - You are HIV negative.

Understand that testing again will just feed your obsession. You need to starve your obsession not feed it. Go get some help with this obsession dude, its sound like you need it.

Rhino

Offline sixstrings

Im back for one more question
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 04:52:52 pm »
Hope its not against policy to start another post.  I will say that since my negative result I have started feeling less anxious and although I still think about the what ifs they are not as bad as they were.  I have ocd too.  Not bad just light ocd as my doc calls it.  The only thing that is keeping me from putting this behind me is the thought of the cdc calling for a test a 3, and 6 months to be conclusive.  My test was at 22 mos past my risky incident of protected vaginal and unprotected oral.  I am not worried bout recieving oral from her, but after removing the condom she rubbed, and humped my penis while i masturbated.  I know there was no full blown penetration because i was holding myself to keep from it.  If i did it was only for a few seconds, and not the whole penis head.  Im not even sure it penetrated.  She was on top, and It was dark.  I just worry because she said she was married to a guy who had been in prison years before.  I know this doesnt mean he was infected but my ocd grabbed this possibility.  Then there was the sore throat a couple months afterwards, and the red spots and bumps on my chest for a day while taking bactrim for a uti.   I know this is common for bactrim too.  Then on top of this i got my negative result 22 mos later just to ease my mind!  If it was negative then it would have been negative at 3, and 6 mos also.  I have started having sex with my girlfriend again, and we are in a loving monogamous relationship so its no risk there.  I would just like to hear it one more time that my negative antibody test at 22 mos is more than enough to say i am negative, and ok.  I do not want to retest because it will only fuel this obsession about hiv.  I know i should run with this negative, and move.  Your insight will be greatly appreciated, just as this sight already is. God Bless, and you are all in my prayers.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Im back for one more question
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 05:21:08 pm »
Yes it is against the posting guidelines. Please keep all your thoughts and questions in your orginal thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 05:29:03 pm »
six,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You are absolutely, conclusively hiv negative.

Keep working with your doctor on your OCD - this isn't the place to do that.

It's time you moved on with your life.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2006, 05:36:20 pm »
thank you folks are an inspiration.  So the one test is conclusive.  I reckon I just worry too much about clerical errors and such.  But hey thats what ocd does to ya.  So yall think that all is ok to rsume my usual sex drive with my girlfriend without feeling guilty? 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2006, 05:40:36 pm »
You are negative so what is there to be quilt about. You spending way to much time on this issue.

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 10:10:19 am »
Hey Ann Andy Rod, I have one concern.  I am beggining to get back to my life, and let this worry go, but I have one question.  On my receipt i got when i left the health dept that day the time on it said ...
STD gonnoreah SCREEN
STD Chlamydia
STD Hiv 1 TEST
The time was 13:59 on my reciept.  This is around 1:40 p.m.

When I recieved my results a week later they said:
Specimen non reactive for hiv-1 antibodies.
Specimen collected at 2:00 p.m nov/3/06
Specimen recieved at 9:03 a.m nov/4/06

I was just concerned with the 1:40 time on my reciept compared to the 2:00 time on my test results.  Is it possible that 2:00 was when they got everything on file.  I guess the thought of a mix up is scarin me a lil.  Retesting is out of the question because it would fuel my ocd.  Maybe the 1:40 time is when they made my file, and 2:00 is when they took my blood, or maybe 2 is when they picked up my blood and took it to the state health lab for screening.  Is it safe to not worry anymore, and accept the fact I am negative.  Or should this time thing concern me.  All of the test results for stds, and hiv have my name and ss # and patient ID # on them so I know they had the correct files.  Maybe I am just a worry wart.  Sorry to bother you all again.  Thanks

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 10:12:19 am »
oops forgot to ask.  This kind of scenario is not what is classified as a false negative is it?  I wouldnt think so but I gotta ask.  Time on test means nothing I wouldnt think.  Negative is all we need to see I would guess.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 10:23:30 am »
Six,

This is not a false negative. False negatives only happen in the first couple weeks if when a test is done on someone who hasn't created antibodies yet.

The time discrepancy is probably due to when your sample's paperwork was completed.

You were testing over a non-risk in the first place. You ARE hiv negative.

As you've been told, this forum is not the place for you to work on your OCD issues. If it takes giving you a time out to encourage you to get some face-to-face help with your issues, then that's what I'll do. Please consider yourself warned. There is nothing more we can do for you here.

Keep using those condoms and you will continue to avoid hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2006, 10:35:56 am »
Ann I have been going to counselor over this, and believe me I am tons better than I have been in the previous weeks.  As a matter of fact I have been pretty much my usual happy self.  Me and my gilrfriend have been talking of marriage, and for some reason last night I came across the test results in my drawer.  The time thing doesnt make me think it was not conclusive, it just made me worry about a mix up with someone elses specimen.  I know not very likely right.  So this concern doesn warrant any uneeded worries right.  And I really thank you ann for having patience with me.  Youre an inspiration ann.  When you say non risk you mean non risk right?  I know she humped my bare penis, but I do not think i ever went in.  I would know..  If it did it was just for a split moment.  Never had what I would call penetration.  No more than the VERY tip if any! 

Offline sixstrings

One year later
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 11:32:15 am »
Hello
I was one of the worry warts on here about a year ago, so I dont know if I should start a new topic or not.  Forgive me if I was supposed to.  I hav a question.  Over the past year I have had in the back of my mindwhat if the test was mixed up, or something to that effect.  I do have OCD, and I realize this is probably my problem.  I was just wanting to ask is the probabililty of a lab error a common mistake that is made on an antibody test.  The reason I got tested in the first place is because I had protected vaginal with a woman of unknown status.  I didnt ejaculate.  I did take the condom off and finished by means of masturbating with her on top rubbing her wet genitals against mine.  I had my hand around me so I dont think there was any penetration.  If it was it was minute.  The was never any full blown.  A couple weeks later I had small purple dots under my skin on my legs and torso.  I was takining the sulphur drug bactrim, at the time, and the spots went away within 2 days after stopping bactrim.  I had a sore throat for about 3 weeks a couple months later.  I thought nothing of these symptoms at the time.  22 months later I saw somewhere on the internet that these could be signs of ARS and that set my OCD off on a rampage.  I went and had a full screening done that tested for everything including hiv by way of antibody testing.  This was 22 mos past exposure.  Everything came back negative.  Now a year later for some unknown reason I started worrying about lab error, or something.  Should I really be worried about this or should I just move on.  I cannot get into the act of repeat testing, because I have ocd.  Any advice would be appreciated, and hopefully this will be the last time I will be on this forum.  Thanks a mil.
Oh and if the head of my penis made contact with her wet vagina and the was never any Real penetration isnt this called frottage.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: One year later
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2007, 12:55:54 pm »
Six,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Please re-read your entire thread. You were never at risk in the first place. You are conclusively hiv negative.

Yes, what you describe is frottage and frottage is not a risk.

If you're having problems with your OCD, the person to talk to is your therapist, not us.

You are hiv negative. Make sure you use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will continue to avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2007, 01:28:13 pm »
Thanks Ann,
What if she had female ejaculation(squirted).  Would that cahnge anything.  And like I said She humped me while I made contact with her vagina.  I knowfor a fact I didnt remove my hand from around my penis.  So no real penetration could have happened.  What if it was just the head for just a few seconds.  Just in and out from her humping.  It more than likely was touching her perinium I dont know for sure.  But I do know if there was any it was brief.  Should i worry bout lab errors. thats my real concern  How reliable are the protocols to minimize errors.  guess you could say im a worrier .  i cant retest because it would feed the fuel of ocd.  and i havent had risk since.     
Would this have been low risk anyway.  Thanks in advance

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2007, 03:14:58 pm »
Six,

You have already tested conclusively hiv negative over this NO-RISK situation. Nothing you have added changes anything.

Please see your doctor or therapist about your OCD. We cannot help you with that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2007, 03:36:48 pm »
I know im over reacting big time ann.  I remember the day I got my blood drawn all to well.  I worried because the little lady that took it was chinese, and she repeated my name twice befor labeling my blood.  That is a good thing tough she was just making sure.  I also remember when I took the lady at the desk my folder to pay she dropped a little piece of paper from it.  She threw it away!  That freaked me out. And then to boot they had the wrond zip code by my name.  It was my previous zip code from my previous residence when I had my blood drawn for routine marriage license.  They had my ss number correct, and all other info, but the zip was my previous one.  I figured they just didnt change it by mistake.  My test results had all my personal info correct except the zip code.  This shouldnt be a worry should it.  Mix ups are not common are they.  I know im over reacting but that fears me.  Should I just have faith in my results and move on. 

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2007, 03:39:05 pm »
Why on earth would the venepuncturist being chinese have any bearing on the outcome of a test that you didn't need in the first place?

Move on.

MtD

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2007, 04:11:19 pm »
Matty,
I was not being racial or anything.  I was just worried about her english.  You are right I really didnt need it.  If the head just goes into the vagina lips for a second or two that is still low risk right.  As long a i didnt let go and make real sexual entry its a ok correct.  Sorry for being a nusiance just have questions.  What about the purple dots on my body that went away in a couple days.  Or the sore throat that came on a month later that i couldnt shake.  Does that sound like ars.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2007, 04:29:48 pm »
Six,

Keep posting about your no-risk incident with a conclusive negative result and you'll be timed out. This is not an hiv situation - it's an OCD situation by your own admission. See your therapist about this.

Read the Welcome Thread if you want to know about time outs.

Please condsider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2007, 07:41:38 pm »
im sorry ann.  you dont have to time out me.  Is wondering about mixed up bllod samples or lab error just what if's.  And is this really foolish to worry bout.  i will stop posting just your insight pls.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2007, 08:24:16 pm »
They don't mix up blood samples and yes it's foolish to even worry about such a thing happening.

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2007, 10:30:53 pm »
Thank yall very much for the advice.  I feel rather selfish for the way I have been thinking about this.  My ocd plays a major part in it so i apologize.  God Bless you all

Offline sixstrings

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2007, 04:00:38 pm »
Stanky,
Youre right.  Thats why I said i felt selfish.  I only asked if it was a common occurence for mix ups in the labs.   In other words is it anything to worry about.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2007, 04:08:01 pm »
Six,

I deleted Stank's post as he should not be posting in any thread other than his own.

I've warned you that you need to see your therapist concerning your OCD instead of posting here, but you have ignored my warning. I'm giving you that time out. Do not create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, I will know and you will be permanently banned, no questions asked.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.