Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:59:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 370
Total: 370

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: poz newbie  (Read 6664 times)

Offline survivorsalls

poz newbie
« on: August 17, 2011, 05:38:37 pm »
Hi guys.  It's by sheer chance that I bumped into this site and am glad I did. I tested poz about 3 months ago and though it came as a blow I took it in stride and am trying to live positively with each passing day. Other than my counsellor and doctor I still haven't disclosed my status to anyone else as stigmatization in my country is still at an all time high, but I hope in due time that we change. But until then am grateful to find a family that understands what am going through and encourages me to move on. The fact that you do not always empathize, sympathize but also criticize one another has shown me that indeed am in the right quorum to help me alter my life.

Offline Valmont

Re: poz newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:03:40 pm »
Hi Survivor...  Welcome here.

Sorry to heard about your diagnostic, but you might know that life still goes on; I´m sure you´ll find a lot of support here, people are great, kind and helpfull.

That is great yo have familly support.

About disclosing, I will recommand you no to hurry, to take your time and select clearly to whom telling it, you ust think first in yourself if it will bring you something positive to tell it...  I can undestand you perfectly, I also live in a country in south america where this is very difficult to tell because people don´t have any idea about what this is really and have bad reactions and stigmatize...

Where are you living?

Take care...
Apr 2011: Diagnotized
Jun 2011: CD4: 504  VL: 176.000
Dic 2011: CD4: 714  VL: 95.000
May 2012: CD4: 395 VL: 67.000
Jun 2012: CD4: 367
Agu 2012: Starting Emtricitabine 200 mg / Tenofovir 300 mg and Efavirenz 600 mg (2 pills) different brands or VIRADAY/ATRIPLA/Mylan....
Sep 2012: VL: 138
Dic 2012: CD4: 708 VL: <34  %CD4: 32%
Jan 2013: CD4: 707 VL: <20
May 2013: CD4: 945 VL: <34 %CD4: 33%
Agu 2013: CD4: 636 VL: <34 %CD4: 50%
Dic 2013: Latent TB, started Isoniazid

Offline survivorsalls

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:37:30 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement. Am from Mayotte.  I agree with you, whom I disclose to matters alot. I indirectly told some of my friends that I know close pple who were +ve and they were appalled!  Imagine if they knew it was me?

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 03:02:56 am »
Hey Surivivor, sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

In my opinion there is no rush to disclose to anyone (with the exception of situations where one might have unwittingly put their partner at risk). In time, once you get comfortable with your status, it's a good idea to disclose to very close trustworthy friends/family whom you can count on for support. Think about what you stand to gain from disclosure to someone before disclosing.

Welcome to the forums.

Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline paradiseboy

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 01:10:27 pm »
hey ,i hear you iam olso from a stigmatized country ,i havent told my family either,a big hug to you

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 05:21:13 pm »
First off - Welcome to the forums !

I too 'stumbled' upon this site (14 months ago) and am very glad I did.  This is a great place for support and information AND you will meet some friends along the way. 

As far as the disclosure thing... you will know when its best to do so.

Offline Since2005

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 11:19:06 pm »
Welcome to the forum! I am glad you found this forum. This is a good start for you. I am like you, did not tell my family. Its only for you to decide if and when and/or at all. You are not alone. We are here for you. This is a family forum. Big hugs to you (())!!!

Offline survivorsalls

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 01:26:42 am »
Thank you so much for all your support. I will hold off to disclose till am comfortable and take care of myself

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 05:24:21 am »
Welcome Survivorsalls sorry about your news but pleased that you found us
theyer
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 07:41:01 am »
Welcome to the forum and glad you found us.
And also, we found you.  I dunno about the others, but I never heard of Mayotte... but now I've read a bit about it. Learn something new everyday!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.