Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:44:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 688
Total: 688

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Alabama Votes Next Week  (Read 8239 times)

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
Alabama Votes Next Week
« on: May 31, 2006, 11:13:34 pm »
New to the Alabama politcal scene...I was watching local news and Alabama is voting on
Same Sex marriage amendment next week.  Not that I'm bringing up that debate again
but it was nice to see a middle age woman suggesting gays should have the same rights
afforded them that straight people do...No Biggie.  Just nice to see on a southern TV station.

I've got to get registered to vote over here......ASAP
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Re: Alabama Votes Next Week
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 11:24:33 pm »
Yes David, and Judge Roy "Ten Commandments" Moore and incumbent Governor Bob Riley have both vowed to fight for the 'sanctity of marriage'....
PU-LEASE.   If they really wanted to preserve and protect the institute of marriage, they would do something about the divorce rate, and put in place some type of pre-marital counseling for couples.   It's just another of these right wing talking points...preserving the sanctity of marriage, assuring the right to life of EVERYONE...blah blah blah

I'll bet you anything the fool voters in this state will elect Roy Moore.   The first item on his agenda will probably be to round up all the homos....

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 11:28:03 pm by AlanBama »
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 04:05:53 am »
Is Senator Jeff Sessions up for re-election?  He would be one of the legislators voting on the Ryan White Reauthorization.  His views on that subject would be interesting.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 07:55:41 pm »
I believe Sessions is not up for re-election until 2008.

I have never received a favorable response to any correspondence I have ever had with him.   He is basically anti-gay.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 10:09:38 pm »
That makes him a threat to us in terms of practically every right and available care and service.  Another scary Congressman who is not running for re-election is Congressman William H. Thomas, Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee.  The Honorable William H. Thomas is retiring.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.