Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:25:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 203
Total: 204

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is there away to get my Tees white again? I kow, way off topic.  (Read 25636 times)

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
Is there away to get my Tees white again? I kow, way off topic.
« on: October 03, 2010, 07:29:17 am »
Recently, in the last two weeks, I'd lanudried my whites and made the mistake to mix my various clothes in the dryer.  I am not sure if this was the cause of the malay, but a couple of my white tees now have blotches on the and I would like to know if anyone have any ideas on how to get these stains out?  I am considering bleach, but that maybe too harsh on my tees.  I have found a site that recommends using baking soda and hydrogenpreoxide, so that maybe my next action.  

This is the site:  http://www.ontheglam.com/2010/04/problem-perpetual-pitstains.html

I was going to buy OxyClean, but I have had terrible experience with it when someone wash my favorite dress shirt in it and the shirt got totally discolored.  There are also sites that discredit OxyClean.

http://oxyclean.com/oxyclean-rated.html
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:21:34 am by red_Dragon888 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Is there away to get my Tees white again? I kow, way off topic.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 08:26:39 am »
Soak overnight in water and detergent made for white clothes.  Then wash. Sun dry.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 10:01:40 am »
I'm a huge believer in Biz which my dear mother turned me on to years ago -- I get the box of powder, not the other stuff.  Mix a batch of Biz with water per the directions and soak the clothing overnight before washing in a machine again.

Any supermarket should have this product.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 10:38:30 am »
Carbona. Have used it on whites that were contaminated by red dyes in laundry. Excellent outcome. Follow the directions.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 10:57:26 am »
Carbona. Have used it on whites that were contaminated by red dyes in laundry. Excellent outcome. Follow the directions.

Do you mean specifically the "Color Run Remover" on their website?  They have a lot of stain products.  I've not used any of these, but I'm always interested in laundry stuff.

I have a tendency to get obsessive with household cleaning products, which is funny because I rather hate cleaning.  I don't mind laundry so much though, but there's really nothing worse than those evil "laundry disasters" -- I have a couple of items that just mysteriously brushed against some minuscule amount of bleach (I assume) and I've set aside for now.  I've been contemplating an attempted at dying them, but I don't think that will work.  I guess my problem is the reverse, however, of what "Color Run Remover" is intended for, but it does look appropriate for the OP.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 01:11:36 pm »
A company called Dylon has a very good colour remover - I've used it in the past with excellent results. It's originally a British company (dye - London is how they got the name) but I'm pretty sure I remember buying their clothes dye in the States. The colour remover is usually sold where ever their dyes are sold. Do you still have Woolworths in the States? I know they went out of business over here, but not sure about over there. Woolworths will stock it.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 01:20:41 pm »
A company called Dylon has a very good colour remover - I've used it in the past with excellent results. It's originally a British company (dye - London is how they got the name) but I'm pretty sure I remember buying their clothes dye in the States. The colour remover is usually sold where ever their dyes are sold. Do you still have Woolworths in the States? I know they went out of business over here, but not sure about over there. Woolworths will stock it.

Give it a rest honey -- you know nothing any longer about the US.  Fucking Woolworth's went out of business here 13 years ago.

As far as dye goes, the most common available one is Rit and as long as I remember it's been that way since I was in college.  We used Rit to make tie dye t-shirts while popping acid.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 01:52:29 pm »
Ah, that's it, Rit. The packaging must be very similar, because I remember when I was first living here and saw Dylon I thought it was the same company. I would imagine Rit makes a similar product to the one that Dylon makes.

As for Woolworths (Woolies as it was known over here), I had no idea they went out of business in the States so long ago. They went out of business here about two or three years ago when the recession first began.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 02:37:42 pm »
BLEACH works wonders, but, over use of it will ruin your whites, and they won't last as long.......
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 03:11:59 pm »
Do you mean specifically the "Color Run Remover" on their website?  They have a lot of stain products.  I've not used any of these, but I'm always interested in laundry stuff.

I have a tendency to get obsessive with household cleaning products, which is funny because I rather hate cleaning.  I don't mind laundry so much though, but there's really nothing worse than those evil "laundry disasters" -- I have a couple of items that just mysteriously brushed against some minuscule amount of bleach (I assume) and I've set aside for now.  I've been contemplating an attempted at dying them, but I don't think that will work.  I guess my problem is the reverse, however, of what "Color Run Remover" is intended for, but it does look appropriate for the OP.

I'll check their site and come back to this post. I got it in the store after a student living with us messed up her nice white hoodie and there were some other items with mystery "pink" mist over them. I was not counting on it working, but it did. Edited to add: YUP-- that's the stuff. The boxes I bought must have been on the shelf a while as the graphics were much more plain. I would definitely buy it again.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:24:39 am by emeraldize »

Offline fearless

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 08:04:26 pm »
Ah, that's it, Rit. The packaging must be very similar, because I remember when I was first living here and saw Dylon I thought it was the same company. I would imagine Rit makes a similar product to the one that Dylon makes.

As for Woolworths (Woolies as it was known over here), I had no idea they went out of business in the States so long ago. They went out of business here about two or three years ago when the recession first began.

We still have Woolies in Aus, it's still one of the largest retailers in the country. Although they pinched the name from the American company (it was not trademarked at the time) it is a seperate entity with no relation to the American company.

They did some 'greenwashing' recently and cam up with a new logo: http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/person_or_apple_discuss.php

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:18:18 pm by fearless »
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 08:06:04 pm »
I believe Woolworths is originally British. They (the media) sure made it sound like it was when they shut down.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fearless

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 08:15:49 pm »
According to Wiki, Ann, it is one of the original American five and dime stores, started in 1879. The Aussie version was founded in 1924.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:26:06 pm by fearless »

Offline mecch

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 08:18:55 pm »
Woolworth is as American as apple pie.  The British division lasted longer than the American, that's all.

http://www.skyscraper.org/TALLEST_TOWERS/t_woolworth.htm

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline fearless

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 08:28:54 pm »
Woolworth is as American as apple pie.  The British division lasted longer than the American, that's all.

http://www.skyscraper.org/TALLEST_TOWERS/t_woolworth.htm

lol. i know it's only a saying, but apple pie existed for centuries before 'america' was even discovered.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_pie

Offline denb45

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 08:45:09 pm »
lol. i know it's only a saying, but apple pie existed for centuries before 'america' was even discovered.

Yeah and if it weren't for Great Britain, there would be no Aussie or American ANYTHING ;)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:11:51 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 01:29:13 am »
Would Borax or Borax with detergent work if I soak my tees overnight in it? 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 01:36:25 am »
Try it and find out. You know you want to. :)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 02:23:07 am »
Just don't dry the clothing in heat until the color is out. Setting it further will not make it any easier.

I have had the "pink mist" on whites before, and I went commercial on it. I bought RIT Dye remover, and used that in a wash according to directions. If I recall, it took several applications but it worked.

Now I just avoid wearing white, except for socks. Easier to acquiesce to one's limitations at some point than to attempt to overcome them :)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 02:26:36 am »
Try it and find out. You know you want to. :)
it just that i got borax now and why not try it.  but, after the oxyclean fiasco, I'm a bit gun shy...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 02:35:01 am »
Now I just avoid wearing white, except for socks. Easier to acquiesce to one's limitations at some point than to attempt to overcome them :)

I've avoided white for years, even socks. Put white on me and I'm immediately a magnet for whatever substance is within a mile radius that will indelibly stain. Any other colour, even pastels, I'm fine. But white? No.

I think it's white's revenge for when I got married.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jay195

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 08:20:32 am »
I would go with the bleach if I were you.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 08:32:58 am »

LOL :D

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 05:18:22 pm »
I've avoided white for years, even socks. Put white on me and I'm immediately a magnet for whatever substance is within a mile radius that will indelibly stain. Any other colour, even pastels, I'm fine. But white? No.

I cannot eat a meal without half of it ending up on my shirt. I would very much like to blame HIV, as my hands tend to shake (even harder when i am trying NOT to shake) but I have always been a bit of a clutz.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 05:40:38 pm »
I cannot eat a meal without half of it ending up on my shirt. I would very much like to blame HIV, as my hands tend to shake (even harder when i am trying NOT to shake) but I have always been a bit of a clutz.

There's a joke in here somewhere I just know it!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 05:57:21 pm »
There's a joke in here somewhere I just know it!

Yet in arenas outside the dining room, I rarely spill a drop.

You are welcome.

Welcome Thread

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 06:04:44 pm »
Yet in arenas outside the dining room, I rarely spill a drop.

You are welcome.

;D

Offline mecch

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 07:35:15 pm »
Eschewing white seems like giving up on the "finer distinctions" in life, and that is a slippery slope.  Thats why they invented all these fabulous products to keep your whites whiter than white. 
Still there are hopeless causes, permanent stains, and the best solution is to chuck. 
Luckily, to date, there is a continuous supply of wonderful all cotton or linen bed clothes coming out of old Switzerland to the thrift shops, so that sheets and pillow cases can be replaced for 5 francs. Cheaper than the wash and the products, when they fail.
Socks and underwear - well some fabrics seem to hold the stains, some don't.  Some go grey or yellow, and won't go white again. My experience says its hit or miss. 

Offline denb45

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 07:35:55 pm »
Oh, now I see, so that's how I get out all the hash-marks & picker marks on my tighty whiteys  ;D
now only if my 2 cats wouldn't steal my socks, and hide them, so I cannot find them :-\
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:41:10 pm by denb45 »

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2010, 07:06:00 am »
I've avoided white for years, even socks....
I was thinking about this all day and it dawn on me.  You weren't a virgin when you got married.  How dense am I to take so long to get this joke....
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 07:08:19 am by red_Dragon888 »

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 07:15:28 am »
Here is a couple of questions that I would be afraid to ask outside this forum.  One, I have bathroom mats and they need washing; however, do I was them with my colors or by themselves?  Two, is it possible to sew up a tiny hole in my dress pants?  The hole is just a little larger that a pin head, so I am thinking of using a needle and thread to sew it in or should I just get a tailor to do it or better yet, is there a product out there that take care of such problems?

red_Dragon888

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 08:15:38 am »
Hello Red,

You are funny. First, I gotta say you are duty-bound to let us know which product(s) you end up using and whether your whites are now dye-free.

Wash the bathmats alone.

If you're able with a needle/thread and depending upon the size of hole, you can weave a patch in position. Second option, get iron-on patch, cut it so it's got a margin to exceed the diameter of the hole, and put it on the inside of the pants. Third option, take it to a pro. You might find one who works at or with a local drycleaner.

It sounds like something I would do were it my project especially if it's a small nick in the fabric.

Now, you have a second item to report back on!  ;)

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 08:36:58 am »
Hello Red,

You are funny. First, I gotta say you are duty-bound to let us know which product(s) you end up using and whether your whites are now dye-free.

Wash the bathmats alone.

If you're able with a needle/thread and depending upon the size of hole, you can weave a patch in position. Second option, get iron-on patch, cut it so it's got a margin to exceed the diameter of the hole, and put it on the inside of the pants. Third option, take it to a pro. You might find one who works at or with a local drycleaner.

It sounds like something I would do were it my project especially if it's a small nick in the fabric.

Now, you have a second item to report back on!  ;)
I know the answers are obvious but I just wanted opinions.   :)  thanks for the advice.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 09:25:01 am »
I was thinking about this all day and it dawn on me.  You weren't a virgin when you got married.  How dense am I to take so long to get this joke....

Better late than never! ;D

I wash my bath mats with my towels - my bath mats are really just thicker-than-usual towels anyway.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 09:16:20 pm »
Better late than never! ;D

I wash my bath mats with my towels - my bath mats are really just thicker-than-usual towels anyway.
My mats are shags and I know if I wash them with my clothes, it will be "fuzz city" for days.  The thicker-than-usual towel bath mats make ecological sense though.  Less washing.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 09:43:00 pm »
Red,

To clarify, my replies were meant in the best of humor and help. I don't think the answers are necessarily obvious. I worked in a drycleaner many years ago and gazoodles of people cannot sew a button on and must pay for it. So, questions about repairing holes, reweaving, patching aren't always clear. MANY people throw easily repaired items out or pass them on to Goodwill. I don't, my family doesn't nor do most of my friends.

Wanna talk about vinegar sometime? I've recently been reading about, and using, vinegar more and more--for cleaning. laundry and killing stale basement odor.

Em
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 09:45:34 pm by emeraldize »

Granny60

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 10:59:03 pm »
Peroxide probably won't get it, though it does excellent on blood that has not set very long. Can't hurt to try the Rit on your other clothes.  Hubby used to use it on his clothes when they got old and faded ( very frugal, always bought used clothes and wore them for years) to brighten them up so they didn't look so old and worn out.  You'd be amazed how many years you can make a pair of jeans or sweatshirt look good by dying them every other year. Be SURE that you run the washer empty a cycle after you dye anything, or your next load will fall victim of the remnant dye.

Offline fearless

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2010, 09:13:04 pm »
Yeah and if it weren't for Great Britain, there would be no Aussie or American ANYTHING ;)

The Indigenous peoples of both our fine lands may have something to say about that. The Brits bought nothing but mysery.  ;)
And, rumour has it they don't like soap much, so don't ask them for any tips about getting stains out.
Thankfully, black is back in a big way in newtown so white is a no no in my cupboard these days.

Offline mecch

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2010, 10:56:36 pm »
In every city I have lived in there has been some seamstress in town who can patch holes well enough.

If you want top of the line hole mending, there is a miracle worker in Midtown NY:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/alice-zotta-new-york
Pricey but she always did it perfectly for me, or if she couldn't, she told you up front.

Offline denb45

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2010, 11:02:31 pm »
Dirty laundry is dirty  laundry no matter where you live in the world so, how do you down under get your whites the whitest?  :D

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 01:22:31 am »
Interesting thing about blood. Did you know that you can get your OWN blood out of clothes using your saliva? The two are linked, via your DNA. You can not suck anyone ELSE'S blood out of a shirt, or a sofa, or anything. But you CAN, with enough determination, suck out your own with your saliva.

I found that out when I had a massive nosebleed on my futon a year ago. And though it was a little stomach-churning, I will be damned if it didn't work.

Welcome Thread

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 02:02:00 am »
Interesting thing about blood. Did you know that you can get your OWN blood out of clothes using your saliva? The two are linked, via your DNA. You can not suck anyone ELSE'S blood out of a shirt, or a sofa, or anything. But you CAN, with enough determination, suck out your own with your saliva.

I found that out when I had a massive nosebleed on my futon a year ago. And though it was a little stomach-churning, I will be damned if it didn't work.

You're totally pulling my chain.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2010, 02:17:11 am »
You're totally pulling my chain.

Not even. seriously! It worked for me. does not work on anyone else's blood. Believe me, I tried.

Welcome Thread

Offline mecch

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2010, 03:39:55 am »
But, you sucked your nosebleed out of your futon?  Or drooled all over it and blotted?   ??? ::)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 01:19:56 pm »
But, you sucked your nosebleed out of your futon?  Or drooled all over it and blotted?   ??? ::)

He's having a laugh riot at the idea of me trying to suck my own blood out of various sundry cloth items around the house I just know it.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2010, 01:22:59 pm »
Not even. seriously! It worked for me. does not work on anyone else's blood. Believe me, I tried.

Well, at least you didn't post a question in the "Am I" forum right after doing that  ;D
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2010, 08:19:30 pm »
Red,

To clarify, my replies were meant in the best of humor and help. I don't think the answers are necessarily obvious. I worked in a drycleaner many years ago and gazoodles of people cannot sew a button on and must pay for it. So, questions about repairing holes, reweaving, patching aren't always clear. MANY people throw easily repaired items out or pass them on to Goodwill. I don't, my family doesn't nor do most of my friends.

Wanna talk about vinegar sometime? I've recently been reading about, and using, vinegar more and more--for cleaning. laundry and killing stale basement odor.

Em
Em, 
Well, I did not take it as an attack but I just wanted to ask questions that maybe others are afraid to ask.  Actually, my mom and dad were professional tailors so I do know how to wash, sew, iron, repair and I try to not throw away anything that I can fix.  “Middle class” is, proudly so, my middle name.  So is “Scavenger” for even today I had found a shirt on the street of Manhattan, New York, that looks perfectly good and in my size.  Now I plan to wash it and wear it one day. 

Thrift Stores are also my passion for they sometimes have things so cheap that I can resist buying them.  (nothing personal but I am such a shopping demon sometimes) My last ten suits cost me twenty dollars each and seven pairs of dress shoes cost ten dollars each.  It is particularly interesting that some of my suits are Polo, Pierre Cardin, and Perry Ellis.  I know…  I am such a name dropper.  ;)

I would like to hear more about the vinegar cleaner.  I am always tempted to use it in my ironing but I am afraid that the smell will linger and people will mistake me for a Caesar salad.  :)

Red

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2010, 08:22:50 pm »
Ok sweetheart, he or she meant cherry pie. 

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2010, 08:27:58 pm »

One comment, I always try to be careful when I wear a white shirt or tee for I know mishaps are possible in the best of situations.  That is why I use a napkins to cover my clothes for one drop of sauce or drink will mean stains for days.  Although, I can't understand when I see someone wearing white pants.  Do they have to stand all day or are the pants stain resistant?

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2010, 08:28:49 pm »
In every city I have lived in there has been some seamstress in town who can patch holes well enough.

If you want top of the line hole mending, there is a miracle worker in Midtown NY:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/alice-zotta-new-york
Pricey but she always did it perfectly for me, or if she couldn't, she told you up front.
Thanks I must check this place out.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.