Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:30:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 196
Total: 196

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part VIII: Brain-dead, Blusey and Befuddled  (Read 55424 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Dating Thread Part VIII: Brain-dead, Blusey and Befuddled
« on: October 10, 2007, 06:46:29 pm »
You asked for it, you got it

OK, so I'm not all that sure what befuddled means, but it's the only word I could think of.  Today was only my third day and I am so tired.  Of course I'm going back tomorrow, so I suppose by Friday night I will be ready for a weekend of getting some rest.  I'm meeting with the girl I sponsor on Saturday. 

Tonight when I was doing the dishes the phone rang, and because of what I was doing I didn't answer it.  So when I went in the living room, I saw there was no message.  I wanted to see who called me, so I checked the caller ID and it was from the hospital in the town where my dad lives.  I thought "oh shit."  I called the number back, but there was no answer.  So I'm thinking maybe this is a room # or something and no one's in there to answer it right now.  I don't know what to do at this point, but just wait it out and see if someone calls back. I tried my dad's house, but he didn't answer.  I hope everything's alright.  It has me a little worried.

So, how is everyone this very, very chilly fall evening?  Queen, I know about lake-effect snow.  We get it here also.  Snow blows in from Lake Michigan.  That's really bad, to be out driving in it.  Last school year, that happened and I had to go to class.  Then on the way home, it was dark outside (all my classes start at 6:00 p.m.).  That was rough.  I was praying most of the way home.  No, actually, I was sucking down cigarettes one right after the other.  Today it's been 32 days since I quit those things.  I'm glad I did.  I can't afford it, and it was getting to the place where it would really hurt to breathe.  And breathe deep?  Forget it. 

Anyway, I hope all you ladies are doing o.k.  Like I said, you all asked for it.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline camille07

Re: Dating Thread Part VIII: Brain-dead, Blusey and Befuddled
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 07:24:28 pm »
That's Awesome!  Strangely, I used the word "befuddled" today which is a word I don't use  very often.  The word clearly conjures up the image of you getting a number from a hospital that is not quickly recognized.  Keep us posted on the Dad situation.  That experience can be nerve wracking indeed.

Cin-  Glad to hear about the 2nd interview, very good news.  I know this is it!  Any word on Stone?

Queenie- I was about to send out a search and rescue for ya.  Getting a little nervous when our queen is quiet.

Nothing much happening.  I was contacted to be a witness in small claims court.  Its regarding the pekinese and rottie attack this past saturday.  This is the owner's (pekinese) site (which is really great)    http://baileyslife.com/

Everyone be well, I'm thinking of you all.

Hugs,

Cammie

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 07:52:51 pm »
Well, I'm sure we will be able to work with that title, Betty. No worries. If you don't get a call back to that number then maybe you can call the hospital you think it originated from?  I can usually tell the difference from what the first 3 digits of the number is to track down the hospital, maybe call the switchboard of the hospital and explain the situation? Just a thought. But I would also think that if there was any problem with your Dad, you would've heard from other family members? A lot of ifs.

You are prolly tired because you are just starting a new job and not use to such activity since you have been out of work for awhile. Not sure if your job requires you to be on your feet but maybe some Dr. Scholls would help, you know the commercial about gellin' and all that.

We get lake effect snow from Lake Erie so I know what a bitch that can be. I am still trying to get the other car up and running before the snow hits. At the moment, my fingers are crossed and the person who is trying to figure out what is wrong with my car seems to be a little befuddled right now. *sighs* So that leaves me feeling a bit frustrated considering that I need a car to get me to doctor appointments and such.

Camille-- I have only been quiet over here. If you were to peek over in Off Topic or Living With, you'd see I have been quite vocal. I had to even defend Cindy's honor. Just call me Wonder Woman....*Yells, Can I get my theme music please* Now check out my spin..... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 09:29:06 pm »
In the distance, Cindy hears echos of ?  Could it be?  Wonder Woman!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DnzaTX407Wo&mode=related&search=

BT~  I agree, if you know which hospital it is, call and ask if your father is registered there, also ask if they recognize the phone number that you were called from.  I don't sit idle, I usually check it out, ask Queen!

Stone sent me an email last night, and we'll leave it at that for now.  Some things are "befuddling" right now.

Wish me luck on the negotiations tomorrow, I almost can't believe this potential employer is real.  I'm going to pick his brain tomorrow.

~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 04:41:21 am »
Betty, I know what befuddled means, almost always befuddled.

Keeping my fingers crossed all is OK. Please keep us posted.

Cind, I'm sitting on my hands here not to write ..... I'll wait till it's official, but I'm so damn happy for you. You made my day.

This is going to be short, but you're all on my thoughts. A long day ahead b/c a friend is having a party, it's beautiful outside, I cancelled a meeting with my boss at the excuse that my new room isn't ready (but the realy reason is I don't want him to see how clueless I am). The only thing burdening me is the bloody unresolved resistence issue and the stress I cause my own parents.

I want to quite smoking too. I know I aonly smoke 1-2 a day (more if I'm partying or on holiday), and that's why it's so hard to quite. I used to be a chainsmoker for quite a few years though so it's not like I haven't done the damage.

Have to work... catch you all later.
Hugs,
PS Betty, love the new avatar!
PS PS Camille, I can't believe people go to court over a dog fight (although, I hate these big dogs who are almsot always owns either by wanna be gangsters or by clueless people who have no idea how to control them - so actually hate the owners not the dogs themselves)... "and then, your honor, this big mean dog here bit that soft white fluffy one, shaking him with his teeth and if that lady there didn't intervene, he would have murdered him"
-"your honor, I object, this is an interpretation, we don't know what the intent was and we don't know what was said to provoke it"

(obviously, too many court dramas in the course of my life...)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 04:48:20 am by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 05:54:07 am »
Good morning ladies:

So, I did call the hospital last night.  My dad at the time I called was in the ER.  I talked to his nurse.  They admitted him.  See, my dad has a really hard time breathing because of his emphysema. (yet he still smokes).  So he drove himself to the hospital, all out of breath.  He's been having pain also, and the doc thinks it could be a kidney infection.  My dad hardly ever drinks water.  It's coffee, soda and milk.  So, anyway, I talked to my dad's ER nurse.  He told me that my dad wanted to go home.  They wouldn't let him, because as his health was, he would've been a danger to other people on the road.  They offerred him an ambulance ride home.  I guess the doctor ended up sitting at my dad's bed for an hour and a half talking to him, finally convincing him to stay in the hospital.  So hopefully I should know more today when I call.

Cin, I am so excited for you.  It's about time!  I will really be looking forward to your posting after you see the company's prez! 

Cammie, good luck with the court thing.  Do they usually have the dogs in the court when something like this happens? 

All you other ladies-have a great day!  I wish I could go back to bed, but, I made a commitment, so I guess I'll stick it out, for today at least. ;)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 07:20:21 am »
Winky, winky, look who is up EARLY!!!!  LOL  I figure if I woke up at 530am yesterday with low sugar, then today I could get up before the alarm went off.  Its all getting me ready for a work schedule.  I am up early because I am taking Cheech to be groomed, and he has to be dropped off at 8am or so.

Its 53 degrees here this morning, I slept with the windows open last night for the first time in forever, and it was wonderful!

I have to ask the opinion of you guys here on something, cause I feel like I'm cheating, but as far as I can remember, I'm not "bound legally."

This employer I met with yesterday wanted to bring me in immediately.  He has had ads in the paper for months, and chances are, I have applied, but my resume got lost in the stack.  There were a few hundred resumes, and one admin assistant at the company has been known to "throw out" resumes because of her own insecurity over losing her job.  (Shouldn't she be fired by now anyway?  Maybe they can't prove she actually did this, its merely speculation....)

So, a recruiter sent me to this company.  But I really think I applied online before and they just haven't found my resume, like I said.  If I go through the recruiter, I'll be making 25% less during 3 months on the recruiter's payroll, and then I'll have an additional 3 months on the employer's payroll before I am eligible for his benefits.  I don't need the health coverage right away, as I have COBRA and MADAP.  I COULD wait for the benefits for 6 months, but I am anxious to get the dollars in my pocket and pay off credit card debt that I have lived off of this summer.  (Its a zero percent, so I have time, but I need to start making bigger payments.).

So, I really don't think I signed a contract with the recruiter, I can't really remember, I just did payroll paperwork in case I was placed somewhere.  Don't get this wrong, the employer has the means to pay the overhead to the recruiter, he has the means to pay the finder's fee, which isn't small.  He said he would have no problem doing this.  He is just showing concern for me, wanting me to get paid what I'm worth from the get-go.

So what do I do?  Post early as I meet with him today!  Maybe I'll post in the main threads so the guys can respond, too.......

Struggling with my conscience.........

~Cindy

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 08:04:58 am »
Hello Ladies.              Betty, nice title.  Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope everything  works out okay.                                     I have been inspired by your example and have a prescription for Chantix awaiting me at the pharmacy. I work a double today but will pick it up tomorrow.                                                              Ml, good luck with the interview.                                               Queen, congratulations on your year. Love you and your posts so I look forward to seeing you for a long time.                             everybody else, hope you are well and happy. Later,   Cristy

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 10:43:14 am »
Betty,

I'm sorry to hear your gut feeling was right. Hope your dad gets better soon.

ML, I agree with Iggy on the other post, but money is just money... in my opinion not worth stressing over. If you can get out with no risk, great, but if you're risking not getting the job at all, it's not worth it. If I were you, I'd sign the deal now, not worth losing sleep over.

Hugs to everyone (yes I'm a Hugger...)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:49:35 am by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 02:19:56 pm »
Hey, I got a cool nickname for you girls. Actually it just came to me. I love how some weed really gets you to thinking... :D Anyhoo since I am a Queen and you all are my girls, you all are now officially my "Ladies in Waiting". Waiting for what you say, well, hell you are all waiting for some particular thing if you think about it and I have to have a Royal court. So now it is Lady Moonlight, Lady Em, Lady Betty, Lady Camille... You get the idea...

Lady Betty--- I am glad you decided to call the hospital and see what was going on. Obviously your Dad felt something was wrong and didn't ignore it. His doctor sounds like a good one to sit there and talk with him over and hour. I'm glad he decided to keep him and are treating him, hope he gets better soon.

Lady Moonlight--- I have to agree with Lady Dragonette and Sir Iggy about the recruiter thing. So, let your conscience be clear. Now what is going on with you not being able to sleep? Now we can't have that.

Lady Camille--- Not a surprise to me that you were called to be a witness. I watched a few episodes of Judge Judy where folks were suing other people about attacks on their pets. They are even thinking about starting a ban here on pittbulls which I think would be a good thing. There are people here who fight their dogs or make them attack cats for entertainment.

Well, I am off to go play some royal games..... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline camille07

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 03:15:45 pm »
Alright, I'm pissed.  I spent about 20 minutes on a post this morning and now its gone....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Let me go back into the "way back" machine and recall what the hell I posted.

Ok-  BT, I was really sorry to hear that your feelings were correct about your dad, but at least you found out and weren't left in the dark.  Emphysema is rough, especially if the person is still smoking.  My most excellent Grandmother was dx'd with emphysema and smoked until the day she graduated from this life.  My heart goes out to you.

Your majesty, you're so right, we are all waiting for something.  I'm waiting for my house to be sold and my divorce to be finalized.  Selling a house right now is like getting blood from a stone, cliche I know.  We have lots of looky lou s but only that.  It's the up keep that seems to be very frustrating, especially due to the size of the house and the constant cleaning.  I'm blessed in the sense that the ex and I get along swimmingly, where as, it could have easily taken the "war of the roses" path. 

Drag-  I would love it if they allowed dogs in court.  Technically, my pupski was witness to the attack.  I think she's more better behaved than some of the  people on those daytime court programs.

Ok toodles girls, hopefully this makes it to the forum.

Hugs to you all, Cristy, Em, Tendai, Belief,  and Cindy. Hope I didn't forget anyone.   ;)

Cammie

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 03:19:26 pm by camille07 »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 06:59:30 pm »
BT~  I'm glad you called the hospital , and happy to hear that your father was given such great attention!  Please let us know how he's doing.  Are you doing OK?  Thinking about your new job and your Dad and all?  I hope so.  I owe you a lot of big hugs so here's one for you tonight.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BT}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Queen~  Funny how pretty boy still hasn't addressed the issue with you, yet keeps "checking in" to let you know he hasn't forgotten about you.  That equals control freak, perfectionist, insecurity......gheez.

Drag~  Glad to hear that you and Iggy see things my way.  The recruiter could never pay me what I'm worth, and why wait 3 months anyway?  To be polite?  I don't think so!  How are you doing with all of your stress and stuff?  What's the latest from your case manager and doctor?  I can't remember if/when you're having labs done again.  Just smile, it'll be alright.   :)

Cam~  So you get to be a Judge Judy girl!  It IS pretty lame how that lady took a dog that SHE was getting used to, to a park to run loose.  WTF?  Let us know how the doggie drama pans out!

OMG I am exhausted!!!  Got Cheech out early today from the groomer's, came home and got ready for my 3pm interview with the owner.  He talked my ear off, but that gave me more detail as to what the company was all about.  I was supposed to meet with the GM again, but the talk with the owner went from 3pm to 430pm!  I had an appt for my neck at 5pm, and the guys were busy anyhow.  So, the GM will call me tomorrow and we will negotiate.

I kept telling the owner that I really wanted to be challenged in a career.  I want to learn more and see what I am made of, I don't like to be bored.  I told him that I know AP, AR and Payroll as well as I know English, but I wanted to learn more about how to read the financial reports and gague where the company is going.  This is what the owner is looking for.  He says the current bookkeeper isn't that knowledgeable, can't get things done on time and doesn't have the desire nor the ability to achieve higher goals.

I asked the owner how much training I would get and he said "none."  I smiled and said, "Well you've got to show me something to get me started here!"  I am nervous as all hell, but many people today have told me the same thing.  We tend to sell ourselves short and stay in our comfort zone, where its safe.  I am psyching myself up for tomorrow.

"The greater the risk, the greater the gain."

~Cindy
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 07:01:22 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 08:29:08 pm »
Cindy

You've solicited all sorts of input on an issue that shouldn't require input at all.

You either signed a contract or you didn't. Yesterday, you really didn't think you signed a contract, today, you write that you didn't.

There shouldn't be such machinations over conscience issues. It's very clear cut. If you're uncertain as to whether or not you signed a contract, call the recruiter, he or she will be able to tell you.

Bottomline, to use a bookkeeping term, the way you've told all of us the story, whether you think recruiters are a dime a dozen, full of crap, not worth their salt, or whatever...this particular recruiter lined you up with the interview--the very interview that appears to be resulting in a position. And, that is precisely why you are having rapidly waning conscience agita.

If you did sign a contract and your new boss agrees to cover for you if the personnel agency rep should call, then I'd say you've found the perfect employer for you.

How would you feel if you were the recruiter or the owner of the personnel agency?

Since you solicited advice in both In A Dark Place and Dating, I'll copy my response accordingly.

Em

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 10:44:57 pm »
Hi Em~

You're right, it was my conscience getting the best of me cause I like to do the right thing, but in this case, I have been torn.  I had paperwork here at home today with tons of fine print, so I have since double-checked it.  There was no contract that I was bound to, but I wanted to make sure there was no loophole.

Sorry, just coming off of the other thread replying to you and AustinWesley, and I don't know who the hell he is! 

Befuddled,

~Cindy

edited bec I was dopey on cold meds, lol
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 11:06:48 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 05:54:51 am »
Good morning ladies:

Cin, if you aren't "bound" by the recruiter, then I wouldn't worry about it.  But that's me.  You probably were led to this job (even if it was via the recruiter) for a reason.  If you want to make the money now, then go for it!  Don't worry about feeling you "owe" the recruiter anything.  They probably deal with this type of stuff all the time and somewhat expect it.  I know you'll make the right decision.  Let us know how it's going!

Queen, I love the Ladies in Waiting.  Yes, right now, I'm waiting for the day to be over. ;)   I remember when I used to smoke pot I used to get aggravated because I would "think" too much.  I haven't smoked in years, because it makes me extremely paranoid.  When I was a teen-ager I used to love the highs, but the last time I smoked any (which was probably like 8 or 9 years ago) I was worried about falling over if I stood up! :D  Not sure why that was. 

Cammie, I do hope your house sells soon.  You're right, houses aren't selling right now.  They're not here either.  The economy isn't in good shape.  I think the major reason is that people are either losing their jobs (from them being outsourced) or are worried about losing their jobs.  Also, of course, the costly war in Iraq.  I can't believe Bush's thinking.  That's why I have a bumper sticker on the back of my car that reads:  Bush-Putting the "Con" Back in Conservative Since 2000.  Because that's what he is-a big con.  He's also a war criminal.  But I won't go into my political spiel right now.  I could go on for a long time.

Cristy, how are things going girl?  Haven't heard a lot from you lately.

Em, how are things with you?

If I missed anyone, I apologize.  I hope all of us ladies have a really great day today.  TGIF!

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 06:17:11 am »
Cindy,

I hate woprk agencies and think of them as blood sucking parasites, BUT, when I talk about sleeping soundly, I mean, if you get a bad rep or blacklisten with the agency or even agencies (not sure they don't keep each other in check, they may compete but also collaborate), how much tension will it put you in when trying to excel in your new job, to make it your last and final job in your area? As I understand it, we're only talking about the first 3 months here (or 6?0 that you get less and then you will get yopur worth? Am I right?
Additionally, asides from the agency, there is a person working there who got you the job. How will it affect them and will they get into trouble?
Finally, although you haven't signed anything, make sure they can't hold you liable to a verbal agreement or something like that. remember that a recruiter f***ing you over is just doing their job, but you trying to pull a similar thing (b/c people here have said that they'd do the same to you, and of course they'd have no qualms about you) is not part of your job but part of your life, so there's an assymetry here.

I am most probabaly overcautious,. but I believe in staying out of trouble. I understand your conflict and I am not always one to do things inside the strict brackets, but think carefully of the longterm consquences cos this might not be your last job.

Love ya,

Offline camille07

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 08:11:03 am »
Hey ladies,

Its a rainy friday, but I'm liking it. It's an ominus day of October, the leaves are changing and yet, they are collecting in the puddles like a child's watercolor.

I too have been to recruiter's years back, some good, some bad.  I landed a really good position through one of them so I can't express utter disregard and disappointment.  Also, a contract is a contract.  You don't want to side step them if you were obligated my your signature.

Offline confusedme

• wishing away reality
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 01:58:29 pm »
Hello ladies! I am finally finished reading. I feel like I already know all of you. I feel a little out of place posting in the dating threads since I am married but my marriage probably provides as much drama as dating.

I was feeling really good today about disclosing to a friend of mine. She is as close to family as anyone could be. I claim her over many of my blood relatives. Now I feel horrible because my husband does not agree with my decision to tell her. Maybe I shouldn't have told him that I did. I just make a point of not lying to him. My honestly took us from happy to hell in 2.3 seconds flat today. Oh well to steal a quote from the queen "mother fuck it..." This one may cause more like ten tears though.

I had all these things I wanted to comment on but now I am so blank. I do know that y'all gotta teach me the lingo and terms. I don't have a clue what an ID doc or a PN is.

Queen, I so hoped that I would read somewhere before now that your son came to his senses and came home. I was also hoping to hear that Boo made up his mind to take care of himself.

ML, congrats on the possible job. I have always had the worst luck with job hunts. Seems like it always takes moths to find something. Hope things are still good with you and Stone.

Cam, I am so sorry about Ian. Sounds like he was more out there than you needed anyway.

SS I have been trying to follow the cop 1 and cop 2 story. I guess the similar fake names get me. If I remember right though #1 is seperated with a child on the way. I agree with others about him and hope you are continuing to focus on #2.

Everyone else, I'm sorry I can't remember your stories right now.
08/13/07 - Diagnosis confirmed
08/30/07 - T-cells 400, VL 6,500 (Baseline)
11/30/07 - T-cells 428, VL 9,950

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 04:31:15 pm »
Hi Confused~

Welcome to the Forums :)

I am still on the job hunt, waiting for a call back, hopefully to negotiate.

BTW, "ID" refers to "Infectious Disease Doctor" and PN?  Maybe you mean "PM"?  PM stands for Personal Message, which is the email function within this website.  After you post three times, you can start to use the PM function to email other members.

You are most certainly welcome to post here, married or not!  Its our diary, our journal, and its a good place to be!  This Forum got me through some tough times over the summer!

~Cindy in Maryland

Offline confusedme

• wishing away reality
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 04:39:25 pm »
BTW, "ID" refers to "Infectious Disease Doctor" and PN?  Maybe you mean "PM"?  PM stands for Personal Message, which is the email function within this website.  After you post three times, you can start to use the PM function to email other members.

Hmm....maybe I am confused but it wasn't PM that I saw. I've been on a couple of other message boards like this so I am familiar with that. It was several threads back...maybe dragonette, who mentioned a PN (?) appointment. I think that her parents set up for her but it wasn't in her home country.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 05:08:31 pm »
Ahhhh.......

PN = peripheral neuropathy (extremities, i.e. fingers and toes, hands and feet)

which is very hard to spell when you're taking cold meds!   :D

Offline camille07

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 05:21:36 pm »
Hey confused-

I sent you a PM (personal message).

Welcome.

Cammie

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 03:35:29 am »
Hi Confused,

welcome!
I read your story on the intro thread. I am so sorry about the miscarriage.

hugs,

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 07:22:29 am »
Good morning ladies:

Well, yesterday completed my first full week of work.  It was a pretty rough week, working until 4 and then Tuesday and Thursday night going to class at 6:00.  But I made it.  After next week, my regular schedule of 9-2 will kick in. 

My dad was released from the hospital yesterday.  My brother brought him home.  I don't know how much longer my dad will be able to live by himself.  There is a visiting nurse that's going to be going to his house to check on him and whatever it is they do.  But he's very confused, aggitated etc.  And he's pretty noncompliant with what they (the doc's) tell him to do, works himself into a tizzy and expects everyone to drop everything and come to his rescue.  He does this all the time.  I think he is developing alzheimer's and also a lot of lack of oxygen to the brain because of his continued smoking and emphysema (lack of circulation).  I'm not sure what our (his kids) next move will be when it comes to his care.  I live in a different city than he does, and although it's only like 25 minutes away, I can't go over there every day.  I have a sister and brother-in-law who live in the same town, but they both work full-time, so they can't go over there every day.  I also have a brother who lives in the same city that I do, but he teaches four days a week in two colleges here.  My other sister lives in Arizona.   We all call him every day.  And of course those of us who live close do go over to his house.  I do his shopping every other week, and the weeks I'm not there, my brother goes over and cleans his house.  My sister who lives in the same town he does does his laundry and goes over there frequently.  And my sister in AZ calls him every day, sometimes two-three x a day.  So I could use some good energy as we prepare to deal with whatever happens at this phase in his life. 

Queen, do you still see your son?  How is he doing?  Cin, how is your cold?  I hope you're over it by now.  If you're not, I would see the doctor.  Girl, you don't want to mess with getting really sick! 

Confused, welcome to the jungle. ;)  This isn't just a "dating" thread.  I'm not dating anyone.  Like Cin said, it's our diary.  It's where we connect with each other every day.  For me, it's where I get a lot of my strength.  I hope to see more from you.  And I hope all the rest of you ladies, Cammie, Drag, Em etc. have a great morning.  Today I have to go see the girl I sponsor, do laundry, clean my apartment and write one of my reports for school.  Whew!  I could use good energy today.  Take care everyone-

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 11:19:24 am »
Good Morning GFs~

I am coughing but its more productive today.  I can breathe through my nose, but my nasal passages are slightly swollen now.  I'm wondering if this is an allergy thing?  I go to see my doctor on Tuesday, doing OK, not too run down.   :)

I didn't get the call back from the GM yesterday.  He is the first guy I met with last Weds who wanted to hire me direct.  He is extremely busy so I look forward to hearing from him next week.  I should also be hearing from the landscape company that I interviewed with, where the female CFO and I hit it off really well, personally and professionally.  Funny thing, this week in Career Builder, the company had an ad placed for an AP person to work just for one week, and they weren't going to pay much.  So, they must really be struggling.  Good to know.

A lady I know from a previous job wants to interview me for PT.  She called yesterday and wants to meet me next week.  She was someone I dealt with over the phone, about our office equipment, but we never met.  She's concerned I will work PT and then someone will snatch me up for FT.  I explained to her that nothing has come through for FT, so I was considering two PT jobs.  She had called to say that my resume was the best one she had seen, it really made me feel good, considering I've been under the weather, jobless and haven't emailed Stone back yet. 

I was a little lonely last night, but that happens when I'm tired.  I'll be OK soon, hopefully this cold thing, whatever it is, will clear up.

BT~  Its good to hear that there are 5 of you to call Dad and check in on him.  You're close by, too, so that must be a relief!  Does he have any means to afford a nurse or someone to come by and check on him for meals daily?  Maybe an ad in the paper would help with this, I see them all the time.  I'm glad to hear you made it through your first week at work, along with classes, too!  I will prob crash and burn whenever I start a job again.  I'll have to monitor my diabetes closely, and make all sorts of adjustments with my insulin.

I wonder where Sunseeker is?  She was going to see Cop #2 from last Sunday to last Thursday.  Girl I guess you're back at work, but let us know how things went, ok?

OK, GFs, its off to make more tea, which I am getting sick of, lol!  I'll post more later on.

Have a great weekend.  I have Cheech, my recorded shows from the week and my Netflix.  What's a girl to do?  LOL   :D

~Cindy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 11:23:19 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2007, 04:48:53 pm »
What's Up Ladies......HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME..... ;D

Not much going on with the Queen today. Just sitting back and watching the VH1 Hip Hop Awards. Feeling a little hyped cause I was raised on the stuff and was DJing at the time. Ah, the memories, it just warms this old girl's heart. What can I say? The Queen has many sides...

As for my son, he has made a few appearances. I had an Army recruiter calling here for him and I thought he was considering the military. He says he doesn't know how they got my number but I had passed his cell number on to the recruiter, they can call him. He is waiting to get something from the job corp so I am thinking he is considering that option.

I have spoken to Boo off and on. Not really sure what is going on there to be honest. We don't talk as much as we use to. I don't know if that has changed because I was harping on him about his health or if he has found someone else. Honestly, I haven't really been giving it much thought. I guess men don't want a good woman anymore....

Betty-- I am glad that your father got out the hospital. It seems to me that your family is doing all they can to keep an eye on your Dad. It does sound like he needs a nurse to stop by and check on him between family visits. Maybe that will ease some of the stress of you and your family.

Cindy-- Glad you are going to see a doctor soon, sounds like you have been sick just a little too long. I still have my fingers crossed for you on the job. Scratch Cheech on the belly for me....

I am still trying to do maintanance on my computer. It just seems like it is running too slow and I don't have a lot of programs on it so I am a bit at a loss. I have been running virus scans and catching things here and there. I beat my computer game for now. I need to invest in one of those cards you can put money on so I can buy another diner for my game then I can move on...That's about it for me, for now....

6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2007, 04:55:09 pm »
Hi GF~

Just signed in and saw your post.  Cheech and I walked for about 2 miles today through my hood.  It was a nice change to get out.  He has officially been scratched on the belly, btw!   :D

I have the movie "300" on Netflix to watch and some vampire one with Alissa Milano.  I think its called "Embrace of the Vampire."  So, off into fantasyland I go tonight. 

I just took an hour to look at 2 photo albums full of 1600 pics that I put together years ago.  Its a timeline of my life from birth until Christmas '93, right when I got diagnosed.  Makes me sentimental and a little sad, seeing pics of my late husband, of the old BFs that maybe I would have fared better with if we had stayed together.....I could keep saying "What if....." all night and drive myself crazy, but its still nice to look back at the loved ones that are gone from my life now.

I may be back on later, GF.

I'll Holla Back.

~Lady Moonlight

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2007, 08:23:16 pm »
*SCAMMER ALERT*
Well, there are a few more dumb asses trying their luck here.  Have you GFs seen these guys?  I am ready to remove my ad, all I get are the Nigerians trying to look like something I'd be interested in.

Oh, and the scammers NEVER capitalize their i's at the beginning of a sentence -- dead giveaway.

oceanndriive2   - NY, NY

morgan2online - looks like Billy Ray Cyrus, out of Alabama, I believe, longish hair.  I told him to F off and he replies with "I don't understand?"  A non-scammer would understand, trust me.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 03:06:56 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2007, 08:36:19 pm »
Hi all! I posted a loooooong time ago and have just been reading since then. You all give me so much hope... :) I think this is a good place to be regardless if I am dating or not. I am single but afraid to be out there. Sometimes I think I may be in a little bit of denial about the disease. I just act like nothing has changed. I know that is not a good place to be and I am working on it. The "gentleman" who infected me (who I refer to as Mr. Wonderful) denied having it, despite the fact that he is the only person I have been with. What a catch huh? Well, he still comes into my life off and on. This has been going on for 12 years. There is a whole story behind this relationship that I will save for later. I just wanted to kind of chime in again. You ladies are great!

Offline confusedme

• wishing away reality
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2007, 10:03:12 pm »
Thanks to everyone for the welcomes. I am really glad to be here, regardless of circumstance.

Betty, I will be thinking about you and your family. I know dealing with the affects of Alzhiemer's can be difficult.

Cindy, sending you feel-better and job-finding vibes. ;)

Queen, I hope you get your computer problems fixed. I have found that a lot of the game downloads carry something with them, if only adware. Even that can slow your system down. My virus scan just picked up on some adware from that new game "babyluv" from the playfirst site.

Viv, sorry if I'm being too nosey, but are you still seeing him or does he just keep popping up?

Offline vivyt

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 12:06:15 am »
Con, don't worry. You are not being nosy at all. I was diagnosed in May of this year and I told Mr. Wonderful immediately. After he denied being positive I did not hear from him until September. He had been calling me and I never answered because I did not know the number and then one evening I picked it up. It was him and we talked and then he showed up at my house.I was shocked. We avoided the pink elephant in the room and did not talk about much. He basically wanted to have sex. I told him no and then that was it. We started communicating through email after that and that's about it as of now. There is a long history between us and it is a totally unhealthy relationship that I am trying to move on from. That's about it.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 06:29:26 am »
Hey Viv, good to see you on here again.  I remember that cute doggie avatar of yours!  Hey, just try to cut things off with this guy.  He doesn't sound like any type of human you need in your life.  I know it gets lonely, but, hey we're here! ;)

Con, I'm glad you're feeling welcome.  If you follow along with us, you'll find your social life will improve greatly. :D

Queen, I wonder if your son would think about going into the army.  Sometimes that's good for people, and sometimes not.  Don't know hardly anything about computers or why yours is slow.  Mine is when I first come on this site.  I don't know what these people switched to, but sometimes it still runs extremely slow when I'm on here. 

Cin, I do hope your cold is starting to clear a little.  I'm glad you see your doc Tuesday.  It sounds like you might need an antibiotic.

My father will have a visiting nurse stopping by every couple days to check on him.  Medicare covers that.  So there will be someone checking on him pretty regularly besides us kids.  He got put on an antibiotic and Prednisone (for the inflammation in his airways).  Prednisone always helps him breathe better.  He was telling me that the hospital was asking him if he has a smoke alarm.  He has one, but of course it's in the closet.  That made me think, "you really need one dad."  He has a tendency to fall asleep in his recliner.  It would be awful if a fire started and he didn't wake up because of having no smoke detector.  He thinks it's going to go off every time he smokes.  I told him that I have an alarm and when I smoked it didn't go off.  I don't know if I convinced him to have someone put one up or not.  Other than that..... today is church and I deacon today.  I have to do a report for one of my classes.  I did one yesterday that was eight typed pages.  It took me until 8:00 last night to get it done, and I had been working on it since 2:00 in the afternoon.  I also saw the girl I sponsor yesterday, which went well.  Still smoke free ladies!  Hope everyone is doing o.k.-

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2007, 08:31:04 pm »
Hello Ladies.              Betty, nice title.  Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope everything  works out okay.                                     I have been inspired by your example and have a prescription for Chantix awaiting me at the pharmacy. I work a double today but will pick it up tomorrow.                                                              Ml, good luck with the interview.                                               Queen, congratulations on your year. Love you and your posts so I look forward to seeing you for a long time.                             everybody else, hope you are well and happy. Later,   Cristy
Hello Ladies. i am kinda burned out so will be posting less for a short time. Betty,I did get a neat Chantix starter kit, I can smoke for the first week as the medicine builds in my system and my quit date is the 18th. Thank you for the inspiration. Ladies, will post again in a few days. Hope everyone is well.  Cristy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2007, 11:28:10 pm »
I guess we are all a little quiet these days.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 05:45:04 am »
Good morning ladies-

How is everyone doing?  Yes, Queen, we are quiet nowadays.  I wonder if it's the change of seasons.  I know my body has to adjust.  Today it's supposed to be 75 degrees.  This is so screwy, one day in the 40's, the next in the 80's, back to 40's, today in the 70's.  It's a wonder more people don't have pneumonia.  I still have to stop by my doctor's office to get my flu shot.  I know that's probably right around the corner. 

Cin, I hope your cold is doing better.  Glad you see your doctor tomorrow.  Will you be getting blood test results?  Keep us posted on those. 

I got my last blood work results last Tuesday.  My t-cells are 614, but my viral load is 224,000.  My doctor said that he wants to retest in 3 months and if it's the same, he will start me on some new regimen.  Not sure what that will be.  Maybe it will stabilize and I won't have to go on something new.  I hate the adjustment period on meds.

I hope all you ladies have a good day.  Come on girls, start talking.... :D

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 05:57:45 am »
Hi Ladies

I ahd a really good weekend, and the sun was shining, but Monday morning I got the news from the doctor in London (whom I pay to review my file because the Dutch system is so slow), he said what I already new but needed to confirm, I am up shit's creek with my health, I am resistent to some NRTI's and now to 2 out of 3 or all 3 NNRTIs (and those coming in the future), and if I don't change now I will become resistent to all NRTIs, that is one big drug family. Frankly, what he wrote is I should have acted a long time ago when I became detectable, and the longer I wait the longer I am playing with fire...

And the Dutch doctors, you ask? well, I am still trying to reach the nurse and see if he talked to the doctor and what did the doctor say..
The Dutch will <probabaly> keep me alive but they will certainly will not keep me well... if you lived here you would understand. They have the resources, the money, the qualifications, they just don't have the human factor.

Well, as long as I'm ranting, I'm not crying.

Off to smoke...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 06:03:13 am by Dragonette »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 06:22:03 am »
Drag, you just hang in there girl.  There are more than just NNRTI's coming down the pipeline.  I know we live in different countries, but I think you should be able to take advantage of some of these new meds.  Is there another doctor you can switch to?  I guess I'm not understanding why you would have to go somewhere where they treat you less than human. 

I myself am resistant to PIs.  And several other HIV meds. But, you know what they say, as long as there's breath, there's hope.  I believe that.  You just hold on girl.  Something is going to work out.  Cry if you have to.  It might make you feel better. 

Sending a lot of positive energy and a HUGE {{{{{HUG}}}} to you! :-*

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 07:36:06 am »
Drag and BT,

I want both of you to fare well on Regimen Trail and am envisioning accordingly.

Em

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 08:58:59 am »
Thanks so much Betty & Em, thanks also for the PM, I am preparing for the best also... scheduled to see the gyno with my BF at the end of the month, although we are not working on having children, we are working on the idea

I'll keep you posted...

Cindy, how is it going with the job??? I'm waiting breathlessly here...

HUGS to one and all

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 09:13:42 am »
we are working on the idea

Wonderful!!!!!!

Offline camille07

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 09:41:17 am »
Morning ladies-

Lots of drama in my life uggghhh.  Saw my dad yesterday.  He is home after hip replacement.  He is wonderful, but was really moody and cranky being on his meds....percocet.  and Iin his canktankerous mood, he yelled at me for ringing the doorbell and not just walking in.  My mom went out briefly so was not readily available to let me in.   I don't usually walk in b/c they are worse than young lovers  :-\
Anyway am 38 years old , I regressed to being 10??? Tears welled up in my eyes and I was silenced by my quivering lip.  He apologized later but its amazing how I reduced to a child in seconds.  Can you say supersensitve?

Hugs to all

Cammie

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 11:26:44 am »
Cammie

Next time, right before the quivers are gonna overtake you...try something new and have fun shouting back!! Kinda like a guy in a locker room or local diner.

Something in this instance like " Hey, watcha yellin' at me for? I'm just trying to give my old man a visit?  Oh and by the way, it's you and mom who raised me with such good manners. Now, what can I get for you? Water? Coffee?"

Em

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2007, 11:28:30 am »
UBotts

UBrave

UinNovember POZ

URock

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2007, 05:23:02 pm »
Hi Ladies

well, I am back and it does feel nice to be back on the forum.  I have been missing you guys.  I came back from visiting Cop #2 and then came back to a depressing birthday and here we are. 

So much has seem to be going on while I was away and won't be able to comment on everything not to mention my cute little niece will be waking up anytime soon. 

First off WELCOME Confusedme and Vivyt  I look forward to getting to know both of you.

Well, I met cop #2 and he is really nice.  But there was not that spark there like I hoped.  I am not sure if it is me because I know he does not know and afraid of what his reaction will be or the fact that he lives 6 hours away so it would be hard to have a relationship.  But nonetheless we have still been texting every day.  We did get in a conversation about relationships in general and I told a little white lie about my friend having HIV and how she met this great guy and he is ok with her status, he then replied that was great of him but he was not sure if put in that situation would he be able to do it.  It would just depend on the girl.   So I am glad that he still does not know my secret.  I told him that if I got into a relationship I would want to take it really so.  He said the same, he was even nervous to give me hug.  He would like to come down and visit me and that would be fine with me.  We did not get to spend that much time together since he flaked one night (That is a whole different story) but  we had a nice afternoon together.  So we will see what happens.

Went to the doctor today and my blood work came back great, however he was not to thrilled about the hours of work I have been keeping.  But there is nothing I can do about it.  He said he would write me a note so I did not have to work 12 hour shifts, but we are so short handed there is nothing I can do. 

Well, my cute niece is waking up and I am off to pick up my co-workers daughter.  Well, I have missed all and glad to be back.  Sorry for not being able to comment on all of the posts, but I'll be back for a while.

Oh by the way.  I have not called cop #1 in two weeks and have been ok with that.    xoxoxoxoxoxo

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2007, 06:43:39 pm »
Cam, girl, what can I say.  Sometimes it's that one person we might still have some issues with that can reduce us to plain old crocidile tears.  Maybe a good cry and a session with a therapist would help?  Or were you just feeling a little ouchy?  That happens to me, don't worry.  I wouldn't say you are super-sensitive.  Just a feeling human.

My my Em.  You just went on a roll earlier today.  Go on girl!

Cin, where are you?  I do hope your cold is doing better.  Don't let it get the best of you. 

Sun, I am so glad you aren't corresponding with cop #1 right now.  You don't need all that stress in your life. 

To all the rest of you ladies, have a great evening.  I'll be watching Jeopardy pretty soon and thinking of the times me and my mum used to play together. :'(

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2007, 06:45:01 pm »
Is that a pic of you Em in your avatar? Well, not now since you changed to Bono. I hope that didn't come from me asking......

modified: because of Em's pic change...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 07:14:31 pm by Queen Akasha »
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2007, 07:35:01 pm »
Yep, GQ, it's me. No, I didn't remove it because of you---I was trying to do the cropping thing. First time I've had a successful upload. So, my avatar virginity was wrested away tonight. No candles. No dinner. No flowers.

Yes, BT, you're right. Slightly under the weather so staying warm and upright at the homemade TV set here. Brain must be slightly agitated, I suppose.

Might keep it up, might not. Might put up a picture of my vacuum cleaner! That is one fine piece of equipment.

Well, time to get some soup so as to be able to join you before lights out.

Em
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 07:38:44 pm by emeraldize »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2007, 08:06:45 pm »
Well, let me say I am complete taken for a surprise. Nice pic, Em. But was I thinking you were black? I think because of something you said to me in a pm once but still it is good to put a face with the words...

I was thinking about posting for a few and just kinda roaming the site because I am royally PISSED. Who did it? Boo...And I have come to the conclusion that I am pretty much done. I have taken my rose colored glasses off and given up hopes of ever finding a soul mate. Bottomline is I think hetero men are just fucking hopeless. Why? They just don't seem to know what the hell they want or they are thinking with the wrong fucking head. Maybe Suntropic has a point and all they want are blowjob ninjas, to use his term. But then they whine about being alone when there is a good woman right there, WTF? Cindy can prolly relate more to my rantings because I was talking with her earlier via IMs.

The fucked up thing about it is I could lower my standards and become a whore but then I still would not be happy. But then having the standards I have, I am still not happy. I have thought about this on more than one occassion but usually just settling with excuses like the choice of men where I live but it seems that hetero men are the same no matter the location. The only men that seem to understand me are gay men which make great friends but why can't hetero men think more like gay men? It just really blows my mind and I am thinking I am destined to live my life alone or else just settle for whatever comes my way...How depressing.... :-\
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2007, 09:44:32 pm »
. Nice pic, Em. But was I thinking you were black?

Hey thanks GQ! That's funny cuz I was gonna write in the earlier post. "Yep, it's me--I'm white! Every time I look in the mirror I just shake my head. Doesn't matter how many black-eyed peas or pork chops I eat. Chittlins and greens--maybe that'll do it. And with a hunk of sweet potato pie, please. "   Should have gone with my instincts as your post seems to indicate you could have used a laugh.

Ah well. I say it all begins with envisioning what you want, then aligning your actions to make it happen.

Why not take on Matty's referral and start NWPA PozHet. Maybe yours will be the first sister US city to the Aussie gang. Maybe your next romance is within a fifteen-minute ride of your place! Queen Akasha, founder of NWPA PozHet. Has a good sound to it.

Nighty night.
Em

« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 09:46:29 pm by emeraldize »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2007, 09:53:14 pm »
Ooooh a girl after my own heart, you gonna clean them chitlins right, Em... ;) That is a good thought you made about PozHet here in NWPA but I wouldn't know the first thing on what to do. And like I said, I don't even know anyone else poz here. They seem to be hidden pretty much like I am.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.