Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:08:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 373
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 364
Total: 364

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Gotta love your parents  (Read 5423 times)

Offline wolfter

Gotta love your parents
« on: December 15, 2010, 12:30:21 pm »
I've been getting much better lately and have decided I need to move back to my house.  I've been staying with my mother for a while now because of how sick I was.  She really has enjoyed me being here and was a little upset at the thought of me leaving.  I gave her a couple of days to digest it and brought the topic up again last night.  I assured her that she'd still see me quite often.  She looked at me kinda weird and then it was like a bulb went off.  She says no, it's not you, I'm am going to miss Lily so much.  Lily is my dog that I didn't realize she had became so attched to.  Guess I found out where I rank....lol 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: Gotta love your parents
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 12:34:59 pm »
Glad you are feeling better. Be sure to bring Lily when you visit your mom.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 12:36:15 pm »
Glad you are feeling better. Be sure to bring Lily when you visit your mom.

Better yet, drop Lily off for play dates.  Really glad to hear you are feeling so much better.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 12:42:42 pm »
Good to hear you are doing well ... I wish my mom liked dogs , she wont let mine near her house . I have trouble finding people to keep my bulldog Zita for me when I travel . I don't know that many people here and I refuse to board my dog in a kennel . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 01:01:36 pm »
Good to hear you are doing well ... I wish my mom liked dogs , she wont let mine near her house . I have trouble finding people to keep my bulldog Zita for me when I travel . I don't know that many people here and I refuse to board my dog in a kennel . 

I'll come dog sit for you.  Have a nice little side business with a few regular clients.   I usually go in and find an envelope of cash on the counter.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 01:12:55 pm »
I'll come dog sit for you.  Have a nice little side business with a few regular clients.   I usually go in and find an envelope of cash on the counter.

I wish you lived closer because I would take you up on it . Next time I'm going to need help is during AMG and I'm hoping to see you there not here looking after my dog  ;)
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline woodshere

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 02:33:29 pm »
Oh bring them with you, they can stay in my room.  Wouldn't be the first "dogs" I have slept with... :)
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline poz1970

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 01:26:41 am »
Guess I found out where I rank....lol 

The Puppy is her grandchild!! :-)

Every time my mum visits, she brings toys for my kitteh
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 03:53:51 am »
I'll come dog sit for you.  Have a nice little side business with a few regular clients.   I usually go in and find an envelope of cash on the counter.

How are you at Sheep/Goats/Alpaca/Pigs and Chicken sitting... ;D

Nearly forgot to mention we have two dogs as well.

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 03:55:51 am »
Wolfter, I'm glad to hear you are doing well now...BTW I like your Mum... ;)

Aroha
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 08:12:47 am »
Yeah, my mother is pretty cool.  When I got sick, I was going to stay with my brother because of my dog because she doesn't allow animals in her home.  She belives they belong on your plate or outside.  Bill got me this dog almost ten years ago (10 years ago this Christmas) and she means the world to me.  My biggest stress worrying about dying was her welfare.  Mom reluctantly allowed me to bring her as she wanted me at her home.  Now I just smiles when I see her napping on mom's lap.  She loves taking her for drives for all the things old ladies do.  My sister hinted that I should consider leaving her here.  Kinda torn up about it.  I will probably end up leaving her since it kinda gives her a daily purpose and I can see her anytime I like.

Thanks everybody for the kind thoughts.  We queer folk sure love our pets.

Offline woodshere

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 09:37:21 am »
How are you at Sheep/Goats/Alpaca/Pigs and Chicken sitting... ;D

Nearly forgot to mention we have two dogs as well.

Aroha

You fly me down, and I'll knock off 10%, maybe even 15 of my fee.....LOL :D

Offline poz1970

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 11:37:00 am »
Thanks everybody for the kind thoughts.  We queer folk sure love our pets.

Yes.. yes we do :-) our furry companions

I know, for me.. its made a massive difference in the quality of my life/day to day.

J
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline woodshere

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 12:23:29 pm »
We queer folk sure love our pets.

Queer/straight feelings for pets are the same.  I used to think these people who went overboard caring for their pets and had such grief when one dies were kind of crazy.  But after house sitting I can have come to understand why.  Pets become family members.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 05:18:41 pm »

I sure hope this worked?

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 06:32:22 pm »
Hey Wolf,

I have had parents and I have had dogs.  My parents kept my dogs when I went to college and spent days looking for my Irish Setter who jumped through a screened porch one fine day.  Parents enjoy putting human characteristics (love) to non-human things (dogs) and manipulating (us) through the (love) of (dogs) to prevent (us) from moving out.  I am willing to bet your mom is not ready for both you and Lily to go home yet   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.