Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

help about drinking

(1/2) > >>

sanitex:
H! everyone
                  my dear ones, hiv/aids is not something self alone can predict how to handle so i need somebody to help me for this issue.my question,is't good to drink beer or whsiky while you're taken antitroviral therapy?maybe after taken it or before taken.

Miss Philicia:
Alcohol in moderation is not an issue in my opinion.  Of course, if you aren't able to handle things in moderation you may want to pass on this.

Tempeboy:
There dosn't seem to be any contraindications, but people taking Efavirenz often find they feel double wacked when they drink and dose.  That could be good or bad.   ::)

I read research somewhere that alcoholics CD4's drop more quickly than non alcoholics when not on meds.  When on meds they are the same.  Getting trashed heaps might contribute to missed doses too if you forget and/or throw up.

What did Oscar Wilde say - everything in moderation, especially moderation.

ARMANDO:
personally i have found that if i drink alcohol while on meds ,i do feel affected.i feel dazed in the morning or just plain tired and thats just with one or two drinks!! all of my hiv + friends continued with their lifestyle ,drinking,staying up late and now they are all dead!!IT SCARED ME  so i decided to change my lifestyle totally ,i dont drink,i get plenty of rest,i exercise everyday and i  try  to maintain a good diet.THIS has worked for me!!

richva:
It's probably not a good idea.  That said, I've enjoyed my bourbon pretty much every day of my adult life - in moderation, of course, and even throughout the past week as I've started medication.  A couple of drinks with partner or friend(s) isn't going to do most of us in.

Rich

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version