Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

A different future

<< < (6/7) > >>

mobileballs:
Oh man. I am sorry guys. I feel like I started something negative.  Anyway, as soon as I posted yesterday, I started reading some of Matty the Damned's contributions and saw his personality pretty quickly. Matty thanks for "kissing my ring".

I am off to the Adult table. :]

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: mobileballs on January 12, 2013, 08:25:55 am ---Oh man. I am sorry guys. I feel like I started something negative.  Anyway, as soon as I posted yesterday, I started reading some of Matty the Damned's contributions and saw his personality pretty quickly. Matty thanks for "kissing my ring".

--- End quote ---

That's the spirit ! ... When I was new to the forum it took me a while to realize that people didn't check they're personality's at the door when they dropped in .

Ann:

--- Quote from: mobileballs on January 12, 2013, 08:25:55 am ---Oh man. I am sorry guys. I feel like I started something negative.  Anyway, as soon as I posted yesterday, I started reading some of Matty the Damned's contributions and saw his personality pretty quickly. Matty thanks for "kissing my ring".

--- End quote ---

Balls, there's absolutely no reason for you to apologise. You're good to go. :)

wolfter:

--- Quote from: texaninnyc87 on January 11, 2013, 07:09:28 pm ---Didn't mean to offend anyone, was mostly trying to comment on the lack of support among gay people when speaking to others who are dealing with the same issues that they themselves have faced at one point.. I think its a huge problem in the gay community in general and would have hoped not to encounter that kind of attitude in a place like this. A place where people are scared and looking for help. I feel that I was pointing out the stereotypes that others are perpetuating on these boards. I was trying to help the OP by informing him that not everyone on these boards is like this, so I feel that I was contributing. I'll be more mindful of my wording from now on, but I still think its wrong for someone who is scared and confused to be met with hostile, sarcastic, responses in these forums. Like i said in my post, most people here are great, supportive, and helpful i just don't see the need for all the cattiness. Sorry again if I've offended anyone with my language.

--- End quote ---

I, and I suspect many others, aren't offended by your language.  We just don't understand your claims of lack of support within the gay community.  And the sweeping broad claims of being bitchy queens?  I for one, owe this community a debt of gratitude that can only be repaid by continuing to support others the best I can.  I can't help but think of the skeletal shells of once vibrant, loving friends whom I watched fitfully passing out of this life.  Telling them how much I loved them and that it was OK to move on.  All the while knowing that my turn was coming.

I can completely understand that it's difficult to understand the nuances of peoples' personalities here without the benefit of knowing them in person.  I had that difficult adjustment myself at first.  I had never participated in these types of forums and I really didn't comprehend peoples' actions.  That didn't mean either one of us was wrong, just different.  We all bring individual life experiences here.  Just like in real life, there were some I immediately adored and others I found rude and offensive.  I soon discovered that it was better to try to understand their mindsets instead of constantly having pissing matches.

Someone here once told me to grow a pair and it was a great piece of advice.  Since my typical MO is to be a mellow, non-confrontational person, it was a difficult but necessary adjustment.  The secret is implementing that change without acquiring a "timeout".   ;D

That being said, I hope you can look past the facades and external personalities and try to understand where all the members here come from. 

Wolfie

texaninnyc87:
Thanks for understanding. Sometimes humor and irony dont translate so well online and i guess thats just something i need to consider more when reading posts on here. After all, if everyone here had the same POV these boards wouldn't be very interesting!  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version