Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:11:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 219
Total: 220

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: am i in high risk? need help... [condom broken]  (Read 17060 times)

Offline stupidguy2010

am i in high risk? need help... [condom broken]
« on: January 17, 2010, 06:31:31 am »
i have sex with sex worker on 14 Jan 09. we had wet kiss and i had lick her vaginal (clik) for around 2 min. after that she help me to put on the condom and i start to put my panis into her vaginal (around 45min to 1hours) and i had cum inside her vaginal.
after i take out my panis and i only realize that the condom is broken near my panis head (i and she was panic at that time) and i please advice me what to do now. i am vary worry now, this is my 1st time to have sex with stranger and end up with this, i am vary regrad to have this....

1. is it very high risk that i will infect by hiv if the girl is hiv +?
2. during panetrate, the girl is pain and i had put my saliva on my hand and rub on the condom (not sure is before or after condom borken, will it make any difference?
3. i will hiv inffected thru vaginal (clik) licking?
4. i had cum inside her when my condom is broken, now bad is my situation?
5. i only can have the test after 6 weeks?

please help me for advice..... as soon as possible. thsK....

stupid guy
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:49:49 pm by stupidguy2010 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: am i in high risk? need help... [condom broken]
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 07:24:39 am »
Stupid,

1. NO, this is a low-risk situation, even if she is hiv positive. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus and it is more difficult to transmit from a woman to a man. You were protected up until the condom broke. I have yet to see the insertive partner (that's you) end up hiv positive following a condom break.

2. No.

3. No. Giving a woman oral sex (licking her clit) is not a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever been infected this way and you won't be the first.

4. It doesn't matter if you came or not.

5. The earliest you should test is at six weeks as the vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by this time. A six week negative result must be confirmed at the three month point, but is highly unlikely to change. I fully expect you to test negative, but you should test.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms correctly and with confidence. A correctly used and lubricated condom rarely breaks.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 09:29:15 am »

thanks for your reply. may i know the case percentage for me to be inffected by HIV?

two more question,

1. if the situation that my penis head is scratch during penatrate inside her vaginal (after condom is broken), will it become worst? (high risk and may i know the percentage of inffected according to your knowledge?)
2. sex possition will affect the risk level? (men up girl down or girl up men down or front and behide)

thanks for your advice

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 09:48:55 am »
Your head is working overtime to no good purpose. You're trying to quantify the risk with more details.

Give it up. As Ann has told you, your risk was very low. We expect you to test negative. During the waiting time you need to make an effort to focus on other thngs in your life. That will make the waiting time much easier to get through. And don't bother saying you're too worried to do that. That answer won't fly here.

Ultimately we expect you to come out of this ok.
Andy Velez

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 06:14:09 am »
thanks for your reply.

i have such worry is because the condom broken hole is really big (~15mm diameter) and my panis head is half out of the condom when i move out and all my cum is inside her vaginal. so i think it is high posibility my panis head is contact with her vaginal (same as unprotect intercause).

1. may i know it consider high risk?

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 06:27:52 am »
may i have one more question,

1.Do i need to stop for having sex with my permenant partner until 13 weeks?

please advise

sorry for keep post the question.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 08:04:55 am »
Stupid,

Once again, your details do NOT change the fact that your risk is very much on the lowest end of the scale. I still fully expect you to test negative.

The position in which you have intercourse does not change the level of risk.

You can have intercourse with your partner if you use condoms until you get your negative results.

Don't forget to check for the other, more easily transmitted STIs. Not everyone will have symptoms, despite being infected with chlamydia, for example. Talk to your doctor or sexual health clinic about testing for other STIs. We really only discuss hiv here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 07:35:27 pm »
thanks for your reply.

may i know can i check for std now? is it a suitable timing? and i will have my hiv test on week 6 and hopefully it will be hiv negative as what we expected.

best regard.

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 07:37:33 pm »
sorry, typing mistake.

can i check for STI now? is it a right timing?

best regard.

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 07:49:09 pm »
can you recomment any suitable hiv test method for my case during week 6? i have gone thru the forum and found it was many test method available.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 07:52:29 pm »
The HIV test you should have at 12-13 weeks is a standard ELISA test. The exact kind (blood draw/finger prick/oral swab etc) will be determined by the clinic or doctor you attend.

Regarding STDs and when need to bet tested you should contact your doctor or sexual health clinic and seek their advice.

MtD

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 11:30:57 pm »
hi all,

i had go around the forum and find out that being uncircumcised will raises the level of risk.

1. Due to i am uncircumcised as well, it mean my posibility been infected will be more higher if she is HIV +? will it be high risk to me as such situation?

2. Will the HIV + person inffect His/Her partner thru unprotected sex during windos period? as my understanding, the HIV virus amount is less in our body during windows period and will it easily trasmit during this peroid?

3. Why someone will be safe (HIV -) although he had unprotected sex with confirm HIV+ woman? Any fact that cause it happen? individual antibody level?? method of intercouse?? or enviroment??   

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 03:17:43 am »
Stupid,

1. No, being uncircumcised does not change your risk level in this instance. Your risk remains at the lowest end of the scale. It was a one-time, brief incident.

2. When a person is newly infected, the viral load is often very high.

3. It happens all the time. I was with an uncircumcised hiv negative man for eighteen months before we discovered that I am hiv positive. We never used condoms during that time and he remained hiv negative. We used condoms for the rest of our eight year relationship and when we split up he was still hiv negative. This does not mean you don't have to use condoms.

I fully expect you to test negative over this one time, brief, broken condom incident.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 06:36:18 am »
Ann,

Thanks for your reply, i had 3 new qestion here,

1. Will the HIV risk higher for a man with STD having unprotected intercause with a HIV + woman compare with a man without STD? or the risk are remain the same for both man with and without STD?

2. Will STD cause a man more easy to be infected by HIV virus?

3. Will it a high risk for me if i receive an unprotetcted oral sex from a hiv + woman ? mean that HIV can transmit thur oral sex ? regardless my panis head have any scratch???

sorry for too much question....

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:46:05 am by stupidguy2010 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 08:35:39 am »
Having an active outbreak of an STD can increase the possibility of HIV transmission.

There is no risk for HIV transmission from receiving oral sex. No man has ever been confirmed to have been infected in that manner. You aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

As you have been told repeatedly, your risk was very low and we expect you to test negative.   
Andy Velez

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 12:26:49 pm »
To: Ann and Andy,

Last week i notice a small aucle at my front teeth gum and it cause bleeding during i wash my teeth (quite serious bleeding sometime), actually all the while i am facing gum bleeding issue during i brashing my teeth.
i am worry now will my gum aucle cause HIV infection during i have oral sex and wet kiss with that girl?
will it cause a high risk infection?

Please advice and reply as soon as possible.
thanks.

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 12:31:40 pm »
one extra information,
i have brush my teeth before have sex with her and i think my teeth is not bleeding on that time (i think), but for sure my gum have that aucle.

is it serious???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 12:50:22 pm »
You can add any twist you like but the answers are time same. No risk for oral..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 03:56:05 pm »
Instead of coming back here with each and every detail and scary thought that pops into your mind, you need to get busy with other things in your life.

We've told you what our evaluation of your situation is, that your risk was very low and we expect you to ultimately test negative.

That's it. There's really nothing more to say about the situation. You're anxious and if you focus on other things in your life the anxiety will diminish while you are waiting to get tested.
Andy Velez

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 08:31:11 pm »
RapidRod and Andy,

thanks for your quick reply, i understand as you said that i have to focus on other things while waiting for test.
i am trying to indicate the all detail before i forgot and to get the actual risk estimation from you all so that i can have the preparation to get the worst condition & result i will get.

Hopefully my result will be like what you all estimate, finally get the - result and safe!!!!

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 03:30:50 am »
Hi all,

i just read thru an article state that "Brush teeth before having oral sex can increase the hiv inffection risk". May i have your comment about how true is this statment?

i also have brush my teeth before giving oral sex to that woman on that night and i have an aucle on my front teeth gum.

please advice.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 03:32:48 am »
The article is bullshit.

There is no risk from performing oral sex on a woman whether you brush your teeth before or you don't.

You don't need to test.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 08:14:45 am »
If you continue to search the web I can guarantee you that you will find fuel to feed your fears. All to no good purpose. We've told you what our evaluation is of your situation. Now you have to wait to test to collect what we expect will be a negative result.

We're not here to engage with you about everything you read that sets off another burst of anxiety in you.

Andy Velez

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 10:44:22 am »
hi Andy and MtD,

i just have douth that hiv virus cannot trasmit thru oral sex  eventhough teeth gum bleeding or aucel in mouth? because blood , varginal fluid or saliva from HIV person can contact the bleeding area during oral sex or deep kissing and this will cause hiv transmittion, am i right?

no one is inffected thru this situation (hiv infection due to aucel during oral sex) before?

please advice.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 11:24:25 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 01:27:23 pm »
Fortunately doubts and fears are not facts. And we have already evaluated your situation and told you that testing was not necessary. You can do it if you want to but that is strictly for your peace of mind and not because you had a real risk for transmission.

I can tell you that you are heading towards getting yourself a Time Out here for repeatedly coming back about a non-risk situation.

Andy Velez

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 07:23:20 pm »
hi all,

due to i will have my business trip to oversea on week 6, so can i have my test on week 5 instate of week 6?
will the test result accurate on week 5?

please advice.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 07:51:50 pm »
Your test result will be accurate no matter when you take the test because you were not at risk to begin with.

You do not have HIV.

MtD

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 08:56:08 pm »
hi MtD,

But according to Ann advice (2nd post), although my risk is low but it still a risk and i should test.

am i right?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 09:09:27 pm »
Oh yeah, she did say that.

It's a risk of the most technical nature but a risk is a risk all the same.

So that changes my answer. You need to test at 13 weeks for a ridgey-didge bona-fide result. Given that 5 is less than 13, testing at 5 weeks is not sufficient.

Apologies for the confusion.

MtD

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 04:23:57 am »
Hi all,

i just had my HIV blood test (ELISA test) on week5 and the result is "Non reactive", so the result can be conclusive (because the window period is week 6)?or i need to retest it on week 7 due to i on business trip on week6?

Due to my week5 result is OK, can it be assume that my week 13 result will be remain unchange (Negative)?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 05:35:17 am »
stupid,

A five week test is fine. I don't expect your negative result to change when you get your conclusive test at three months. And no, don't bother testing again in the mean time. Your result is highly unlikely to change.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stupidguy2010

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2010, 03:48:46 am »
hi Ann,

just have my week13 test today but i had a bit flu and saw throuth last for 2 week until today, i am worry this is the early sign for HIV inffection.

will flu and saw throuth affect the test accuracy? because i have some medicine for it.

hopefully will get my HIV negative result on next tuesday.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2010, 05:15:21 am »
hi Ann,

just have my week13 test today but i had a bit flu and saw throuth last for 2 week until today, i am worry this is the early sign for HIV inffection.

will flu and saw throuth affect the test accuracy? because i have some medicine for it.

hopefully will get my HIV negative result on next tuesday.

Stupid,

Influenza will not affect the validity of your test results.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2010, 09:37:30 am »
Neither having flu nor taking medications for it will affect the reliability of your test result.

And we're still expecting you to test negative.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.