Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:17:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 231
Total: 231

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Should I test?  (Read 13644 times)

Offline johnnyny74

Should I test?
« on: July 18, 2006, 03:35:26 pm »
Hello thanks for reading my post. This is my situation. I encountered with a t-girl for my first time. While with the person we kissed and the person perfermed oral on me. We kissed and played. The thing is when i was going to go oral on the person we put on the condom but then she left for a couple of minutes outside the room. When she or he came back i started oral. But when i started there was some kind of gel substance and it got inside my mouth. I stopped and asked what that was and he or she said that flavoured condoms have gel on the ouside of them.

I know this must be stupid but now 5 weeks after i have a soar throat flu sypmtoms and fever. Since this was a one night i have no idea what this person could have done. is it true that condoms have this gel outside of them it was very noticible to me. Could i be infected since this happened.

Thanks for your help.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Stupid question about a condom
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 08:01:01 am »
johnny,

It is not stupid to ask questions. That's how we learn.

The gel on flavoured condoms is where the flavour comes from. Maybe the one you used had a little more gel on it than usual, but it is nothing to worry about.

You did NOT have a risk of hiv infection in any of the activities you describe. Whatever is going on with your throat has nothing to do with hiv.

Since you're new here, I'm going to give you some general information. Please also read through the Welcome Thread and follow the links found there.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

While you did NOT have a risk of hiv infection with your incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You didn't have a risk of hiv infection. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline johnnyny74

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 10:01:00 am »
hello after 7 weeks I am still feeling sick. I am over the flue and throat but am feeling pain. Its been 7 weeks since and I am having a lot of pain in my groin. Specially in my left testical and a burning sensation on the tip of my penis. I am going to the doctor in a few hours. I wanted to ask though are these symptoms of HiIV?

thanks

Offline johnnyny74

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 10:03:22 am »
hello after 7 weeks I am still feeling sick. I am over the flue and throat but am feeling pain. Its been 7 weeks since and I am having a lot of pain in my groin. Specially in my left testical and a burning sensation on the tip of my penis. I am going to the doctor in a few hours. I wanted to ask though are these symptoms of HiIV?

thanks

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 10:09:44 am »
JohnnyNy,

None of the symptoms you describe are indicative of primary hiv infection. 

Re-read Ann's reply above...... you couldn't pay for a better risk assessment.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 10:20:01 am »
It's good that you're checking out your symptoms with your doctor. There is absolutely nothing in what you have reported which suggests they are HIV-related.

You were not at risk for HIV in the incident you're concerned about.

Please read the lesson on this site about transmission. The link is in the first thread in this section. By being better informed about transmission and consistently following safer sex guidelines, (always using a latex condom for intercourse), you can enjoy your sexuality while protecting your health AND spare yourself the kind of unnecessary worry you have been experiencing.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline tano99

OMG Scared
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 08:54:37 pm »
Hello I am so scared of an episode I had today. I had my first male to male experience. We kissed and did mutual masterbation. He wanted to penetrate and I asked him to put on a condom. He inserted is penis and it hurt so much so much pain. After a minute I asked him to stop. When he did I saw the condom was half way down his penis. He did not ejaculate inside me. When I got home And went to the restroom and wiped I had ver light blood. I guess the ripping or something I just know that it hurt. I remember though when he stopped he did have the condom on top half of his penis.  So what do you think that i am at risk?? I am so scared....Please help...

Offline RapidRod

Re: OMG Scared
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 09:03:36 pm »
You did not have a risk. You used a condom and as long as the condom stayed on his penis you were protected. Take the time and read the "Welcome" thread and follow the links to lessons and read about transmission.

Offline tano99

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 09:27:11 pm »
Just a quick question. What if the condom broke. Is there still a risk of getting infected even though he did not ejaculate in me?

Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 09:51:20 pm »
tano,

Forget about "what if". If the condom were broken, it would have been noticeably shredded. It wasn't, it was just rolled up a bit from what you describe. You didn't have a risk.

Please read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 10:02:59 pm »
tano99, there is nothing more I could add to what Ann told you.

Offline johnnyny74

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 08:38:42 pm »
hello i had a encounter with a guy i dont know his status. he wanted to penetrat in my anus. i told him to put n a condom and he open the wrapper but from there on i dont remember if he put it on. he was in me for about a minute. he did not cum inside me. he pulled out. what are my chances? could i be infected.  thanks so much for your help....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 05:17:13 am »
johnny,

It's unlikely that if he bothered to open a condom, that he wouldn't have used it. You should always make sure there is a condom on any penis before you allow yourself to be penetrated. "Bliss" just isn't a good enough excuse for not making sure you're looking after your health.

Although I wouldn't really worry about this, if YOU are in doubt, don't guess, test. You should be having regular sexual health care check ups anyway, as I've already told you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline johnnyny74

Re: Question
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 02:22:25 pm »
Hello I just had a couple more quesitons if anyone can assist.

How long does it take to start feeling symptoms if there are any? Can they start within a week? Also, on my upper lip it is drey peeling, like chapped. Is this a possible symptom of ARS?

Thank you so much don't mean to bother anyone, just that I can't test yet to know the answer......

thank you..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 03:32:24 pm »
Johnny,

If symptoms happen at all, they usually happen between two and four weeks after infection has taken place. They normally come all at once and leave all at once. IF THEY HAPPEN AT ALL.

Chapped lips have nothing to do with hiv.

When you first came here, you said it was already over seven weeks since this incident. As the vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks (the average is only 22 days), you can test now for a very good indication of your status. Where there has been a real risk, a negative result before the end of three months must be confirmed at the three month point.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GR

Should I test?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 12:01:03 pm »
What a great forum. I tested last year and I was negative. Since January I had 8 encounters...Yes busy and stupid. But past is past. I would like to know if I was at risk. I will describe the activities.

1) All of them there was deep french kissing and kissing all over
2) I gave oral always with a condom on
3) Recieved oral. 2 of the times i had no condom on, no ejaculation.
4) Only one time was there anal I was bottom and he had a  condom on.
5) Mutual masterbation. 1 time penis to penis.

Sorry so discriptive.

I heard that having multiple partners increases the risk.

So do you think I was at risk? Should I worry and get tested.

I wan't to thank you for taking the time and reading my post.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Should I test?
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 12:08:11 pm »
You had protected sex. No risk was involved. Please take time to read the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 01:00:16 pm »
GR,

Can I ask why you are using different usernames while posting to our forums? Thus far, you have also used johnnyny74 and tano99

Please realize that this kind of activity is disrespectful of other forum members, as well as our moderators. People spend a considerable amount of time helping others in these forums. Using multiple accounts is at the very least annoying, if not deceiving and disrespectful of others. It is also against our Terms of Membership which you agreed to when you became a member. This information is also contained within the Welcome Thread, which you should have read by now. So really, you have no excuse.

You must realize that the answers won't change, no matter how many names you post under.

I would appreciate a reply to this message, and I hope you will commit to using just one account - preferably your original one. If not, you will be banned from further access to the forums.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GR

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 01:29:56 pm »
I am deeply sorry Ann. Meant no disrespect. It will not happen again. Forgive me for doing that. Thank you for your responses and pacience.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 03:34:01 pm »
Johnny/tano/GR,

I've merged your threads and disabled your second two accounts. I know you can still log into your original account because you logged into it just before you created your latest one today. Create another account and be permanently banned.

You've been repeatedly told that you haven't had a risk of hiv infection. That will not change no matter how many times you ask the same questions under any amount of different names.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline johnnyny74

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 08:30:29 pm »
Hello don't mean to bother anyone. I just have a question about testing. On  my previous post I mencioned that I was bottom. I told him to put on a condom. After he pulled out I really dont remember seing him take it off. So this made me doubt. I went to take a test today. They took out blood and the resaults came out negative. The issue is that it has been 33 days since the incident. I heard that the usual time a person can sercoconvert is 22 to 26 days. Is this a good indication that I am negative?

Shoult i test again at 6 weeks ot 3 months? Should I be even worried since I tested negative at 33 days?

Thank you for your help.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 08:45:59 pm »
johnny,

Given that you have not reported any activities that were risky, your results are not going to change. You can continue to test all you like, but don't be surprised when the results keep coming out negative.

Keep in mind that anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

It's up to you whether or not you test again in the next few weeks or when you're due for a routine check. I don't expect your result to change if you test again over the incidents you've brought to us.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline johnnyny74

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 08:49:35 pm »
I just wanted to say thank you Ann for taking the time to answer my post.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 05:06:44 am »
Maybe it's just me, but in plenty of posts I have read, people always say, well I fingered her for 10 seconds. Or he put it in my ass for a few seconds, etc. My point is when in the heat of the moment, who is keeping track of the time? Is someone actually counting?

I'm not making fun of anyone's crisis but am just wondering why people say that. ???
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline johnnyny74

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 11:48:08 am »
Hello October 06, 2006 I posted my last incident and it will be my last. But I just had a question about testing.
On November 3, I tested and the resaults were negative.  Day after I did get a soar throat that lasted a week with a white tongue. And now at past six weeks I have rashes for 3 days behind my arms where my biceps are.

How trustworthy is my 4 week test. Should I test now or wait at three months?

I am worried because for the life of me I can't remember seing the condom being put on or taking off. Even though I did ask him to do so. I have learned so much in this forum and never again will this happen.

Please help. I know that symptoms mean nothing but are these some? and should I test again?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 02:21:06 pm »
Johnny,

Once again, if a condom was used, you didn't have a risk. Either way, it's unlikely that your four week test will change and you only really need further testing if you absolutely cannot be sure if a condom was used.

Those symptoms of yours mean nothing. If the rash continues to bother you, see your doctor about it - it certainly isn't consistent with an hiv related rash.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline johnnyny74

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2006, 12:53:45 pm »
Thank you. It has been 7 weeks now and I will go to test soon to ease my mind. Just a quick question. At exacly 4 weks as I said I took the test and it was negative. The next day I got sick. Lasted for a week and only symptoms was soar throat and 2 or 3 times a day my face would burn but my temp. was normal. Now, If I took the test on Friday and got sick the next day is it possible to cirumvate the following day and for the test to be negative on Friday???

Well I will keep you posted on the resaults.

Thanks so much.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2006, 12:58:46 pm »
By what you are saying, you haven't paid attention to any of the replies to you. YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK. PERIOD. End of Story

Offline johnnyny74

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2006, 02:30:22 pm »
Hi Rapidrod my last incident was OCt. 6 and as I have said I am not sure if a condom was used and I was bottom . So i guess I am at risk if because of my stupid self I can not remember if he put it on. Hence the last question.

Thanks.....

Offline johnnyny74

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 03:18:50 pm »

Offline johnnyny74

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2006, 03:20:10 pm »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2006, 03:37:47 pm »
If you are seriously in doubt as to whether a condom was used then you need to get tested at 13 weeks after that most recent incident.

I can't help wondering if you are really in doubt about a condom being used or are you just caught up in another worrisome what if.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.