Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:16:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 402
Total: 405

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Why I love Republicans!  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Why I love Republicans!
« on: April 12, 2010, 09:26:20 pm »
Uh, maybe Chucklebee should focus on not letting lots of felons out of prison!  There's one thing for sure -- such a hateful, bigoted man parading around as a Good Ole Boy Christian won't make it to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in a couple of years.

In an interview with college journalists in New Jersey last week, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee reportedly compared the push for same-sex marriage to an effort to accommodate drug abuse, polygamy and incest, and he dismissed adoption by gay couples by saying, "Children are not puppies."

The Perspective, a student publication at The College of New Jersey in Ewing, N.J., published an article from the interview on Friday; liberal Web sites picked up on the remarks Monday.

The one-time GOP presidential contender, whose name continues to be mentioned as a possible 2012 candidate, was on campus Wednesday to deliver a speech to the school's student government association.

In the interview, Perspective reported that he said he backs the Arkansas law barring same-sex couples from adopting or becoming foster parents. "This is not about trying to create statements for people who want to change the basic fundamental definitions of family," Huckabee said. "And always we should act in the best interest of the children, not in the seeming interest of the adults."

"Children are not puppies," he said. "This is not a time to see if we can experiment and find out, how does this work?"
In discussing same-sex marriage, the Perspective reported, Huckabee said, "You don't go ahead and accommodate every behavioral pattern that is against the ideal. That would be like saying, well, there are a lot of people who like to use drugs, so let's go ahead and accommodate those who want who use drugs. There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them. There are people who believe in polygamy, so we should accommodate them."
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
Re: Why I love Republicans!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 09:29:47 pm »
Ok if we could just line him and Fred Phelps up then I could put a single bullet through the both of them and feel better about the world as a whole.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 10:26:01 pm »
nothing new here. The Huckster is one in 92 that wanted pozzies in internment camps and declared that homosexuality was "an aberrant, unnatural and sinful lifestyle." (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/10/AR2007121001575.html)

so nothing new has changed with his point of view.
at least he's consistent ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:11:29 pm »
He's damned right children are not puppies!!  At least tons of the unwanted and abandoned ones are euthanized by the millions each year.   Many societies take better care of their pets than their children (not the USA, of course, where it takes a village idiot to raise a child).

Huckabee is undoubtedly a firm proponent of the rights of the unborn as well.  It's the post-born he doesn't give a shit about... unless of course they happen to have a gay parent or two.  But that's biologically impossible, isn't it, or else there'd be tons of kids with one or two gay parents.    We all know that doesn't happen.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:13:33 pm by Boo Radley »
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 11:16:45 pm »
Ok if we could just line him and Fred Phelps up then I could put a single bullet through the both of them and feel better about the world as a whole.

As Columbus in Zombieland said, "Don't get all stingy with your bullets.  Always double tap."  Bullets are cheap and insuring success is worth the small expense.

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 11:42:26 pm »

From what I have heard and read about them I can't help but wonder why an assassination attempt hasn't happened yet....the world would be much better place without them..with such hate inside them I'm surprised it hasn't eaten them alive already.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline fearless

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 01:02:19 am »
You know what gets right up my nose with these Republicans and (Liberals in Aus) is that on the one hand they say they are all for government getting out of peoples lives, smaller govt and all that...
On the other hand they can't help but get involved in the lives of gay men and women and legislate against them. Why can't they just leave us alone and let us love and marry who we wish etc Why do they even give a damn what we do?
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 01:14:40 am »
Why can't they just leave us alone and let us love and marry who we wish etc Why do they even give a damn what we do?

Leviticus 18:22. :)

MtD

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 02:40:11 am »
Quote from: fearless on Today at 12:02:19 am
Why can't they just leave us alone and let us love and marry who we wish etc Why do they even give a damn what we do?

Leviticus 18:22. :)

MtD

Screw Leviticus, I'm Druish!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 06:02:19 am »
Huck's family knows what to do with puppies:

On 11 July 1998, two young men working as counselors at Camp Pioneer in Hatfield, Arkansas, killed a dog at that Boy Scout camp. One of those young men was 19-year-old Clayton Frady of Texarkana and the other David Huckabee, the youngest son of then Governor of Arkansas Michael Dale "Mike" Huckabee. David Huckabee was 17 at the time of the slaying, although he would turn 18 less than two weeks later. Both young men were fired over the incident.

No one connected to any of the principals appears to want to talk about how the dog was dispatched — the only person in that group who has said anything about this is Danny Frady, father of Clayton Frady, the other young man involved, and even then he didn't say what his son did, only that when his son came upon the animal, it was being hanged by others.

Anonymous rumors about how the dog was killed say Frady and Huckabee hanged the dog, slit its throat, and stoned it to death.
[/u]

The dog must have been gay, cuz that's exactly how you dispatch a sodomite according to the Old Testament.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/huckabee/dog.asp
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:07:58 am by Dachshund »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 06:31:10 am »

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 07:30:45 pm »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 07:35:35 pm »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.