Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:34:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 197
Total: 197

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How do you feel about stem cell research?  (Read 22899 times)

Offline kellybryana

How do you feel about stem cell research?
« on: May 06, 2011, 05:44:29 am »
Magic? Too fantastic? I would like some feedback.

I recently met a doctor working in with stem cells, and I would like to know if anyone has gotten stem cell therapy or has looked into it.

check out www.globalstemcells.com and then tell me what you think.

Thank you, I appreciate your time :)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: How do you feel about stem cell research?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 05:09:19 pm »
Magic? Too fantastic? I would like some feedback.

I recently met a doctor working in with stem cells, and I would like to know if anyone has gotten stem cell therapy or has looked into it.

check out www.globalstemcells.com and then tell me what you think.

Thank you, I appreciate your time :)

Adult stems or embryonic or both?

MtD

Offline surf18

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 06:55:26 pm »
im good with it! the lives it could save and the quality of living it could produce for people suffering. gotta do it.

Offline surf18

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 06:56:58 pm »
im good with it! the lives it could save and the quality of living it could produce for people suffering. gotta do it.

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 03:31:29 am »
Matty, they are using stem cells from fat of adults and genetically engineering them I believe...if you look at the website and click on the section that says "auto immune boosting effects"  you can read a little about what it can do for us who are HIV+.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 03:38:40 am »
Matty, they are using stem cells from fat of adults and genetically engineering them I believe...if you look at the website and click on the section that says "auto immune boosting effects"  you can read a little about what it can do for us who are HIV+.

In that case I am the Fountain of Youth. :)

MtD

Offline jyllenhall

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 02:06:40 pm »
hi kelly i was reading through some of your posts you seem like a critical critical thinker,  you had me when you quoted Hippocrates.
Anyway I'm from San Diego, maybe we can chat sometime my email is sunnysidedoor@hotmail.com  ;D

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 04:37:12 pm »
This is a description of their HIV therapy.  Note the conversion from HIV+ to HIV- with a money-back guarantee.  >:(

HIV / AIDS

We have discovered a peptide (a series of 43 amino acids in the proper combination and concentration) to fill in the gaps of the Auto Immune Deficiency Syndrome. In fact, the treatment is 1 sub – cutaneous injection a week for 16 weeks. It can be self administered.

Clinically tested in South Africa, Uganda and Haiti.
Once a week injection for 16 weeks.
The injection is a synthesized peptide
A peptide is a chain of Amino Acids linked together
Patient does not need to change current medications
Patient converts from HIV+ to HIV -
CD4 count increases
CD8 count increases
Viral loads become undetectable
Weight regained from wasting syndromes
No known side effects

We never expected or intended to try this treatment with a patient.  It turns out a heroine addict decided to take the amino acids as a trial to help him gain weight, he happened to be HIV positive.   Eight weeks (8) later we collected his blood and saw this:

His T Helper and Killer Cells (Cd4 and Cd8) where reversing and moving in the normal direction and his viral load had dropped significantly, he was abliged to continue the treatment.

He continued the treatment for eight more weeks and was HIV negative with a viral load of zero and his immune function panel of cells appeared to be normalized.  In addition, he gained 4-5kg of weight and had an appetite.  It turns out he was also giving his boyfriend the treatment and in 16 weeks they where both free of HIV/AIDS by Elisa, Western Blot and Polymerase chain reaction tests (PCR).

These are there results with a third patient and we continued the trial until we had seventeen people with the same result, no rejection and no side effects.

We have now documented and treated close to 80 people in Uganda, So Africa, Dominican Republic and Haiti.  All of the patients are HIV negative, viral load of zero and gaining weight free of infection or complication.

We work on a guarantee basis, either you are HIV negative with no viral load and showing signs of true reversal of this condition or your payment received is returned.   It is that simple!

Kindly,

Richard DeAndrea, MD, ND
Medical Director

Dr.DeAndrea and ZeroHIV

We look forward to sending more information at your request.

source: http://www.globalstemcells.com/conditions/hiv-aids/
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:41:36 pm by killfoile »

Offline Valmont

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 06:04:08 pm »
It looks too good to be true...

But, I hope this can be true...

I don't have a lot of medical knowledge and I'm generally very prudent when I see this type of information, particularly when it comes directly from who has developed it.

A publication in a international objective papers (such as Nature or its equivalents for medicine) will convince me much more...
Apr 2011: Diagnotized
Jun 2011: CD4: 504  VL: 176.000
Dic 2011: CD4: 714  VL: 95.000
May 2012: CD4: 395 VL: 67.000
Jun 2012: CD4: 367
Agu 2012: Starting Emtricitabine 200 mg / Tenofovir 300 mg and Efavirenz 600 mg (2 pills) different brands or VIRADAY/ATRIPLA/Mylan....
Sep 2012: VL: 138
Dic 2012: CD4: 708 VL: <34  %CD4: 32%
Jan 2013: CD4: 707 VL: <20
May 2013: CD4: 945 VL: <34 %CD4: 33%
Agu 2013: CD4: 636 VL: <34 %CD4: 50%
Dic 2013: Latent TB, started Isoniazid

Offline buginme2

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 06:06:36 pm »
Curious why you keep latching on to these fly by night org's selling magic beans?

First you were going to Thailand to be cured and now Stem Cells?  I assume to be one of the 80 people they hane "turned from HIV+ to HIV -"

Don't you think if thy were actually curing people there would be a line outside the door and they would be making billions of dollar off it? There are some 30 million people in the world who are HIV positive.  To only cure 80 people when u have the answe sounds very rude.

Save your money Kelly
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Growler

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 06:40:08 pm »
Fuck, someone call the Nobel committee for medicine we have a winner!

Seriously if anyone found a legitimate cure for HIV they would be more famous than GOD and not peddling false hope over the internet or your money back.

Growler
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 07:41:14 pm »
Kellz posted this way back in July.   Thereby this qualifies as...

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline buginme2

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 10:33:24 pm »
Kellz posted this way back in July.   Thereby this qualifies as...

Oh man!

Forum Fail

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 03:24:49 am »
lol yeah...anyways, this doctor is one and the same as the doctor tho I was going to visit in Thailand. I never went. My parents talked to the doctor and were very adamantly against me going, so I scrapped the plan. I trust my parents' opinions  ;D

Offline buginme2

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 03:36:22 am »
On a side note Kelly, researchers are doing some brilliant things with stem cells (real research scientists).  I'm sure you have heard of Sangamo that is testing their ZFN treatments in some phase 1/2 trials right now.  I beleive those came about directly from California's funding of stem cell research.  Also, the National Institutes of Health just made a huge grant of (I forget the number but it was several several millions) for HIV cure research and some of that did include the hemopoatic stem cell therapies. 

My point is, there is real Bona fide research going on out there that doesn't involve some Internet doctor or strip mall clinic.  Major research is being done in California close to you.  And all research needs people to participate in clinical trials. 

I know you know this already.  It will happen.  This will all end some day and they will cure this. 

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 06:18:12 am »
lol yeah...anyways, this doctor is one and the same as the doctor tho I was going to visit in Thailand. I never went. My parents talked to the doctor and were very adamantly against me going, so I scrapped the plan. I trust my parents' opinions  ;D

Gee, that makes us all feel like doormats.
I remember that conversation well. 
You were so resistant to our poo-pooing that Thailand miracle cure.  One wondered why you had even asked us.
But, now, are you coming around a bit?  Does the Forum have some cred to go along with the cred you give your parents.
Well, thank god your parents have more critical awareness than you do.
I hope yours is improving!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Since2005

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 01:40:10 pm »
I find these types threads interesting. It tells us there is something going on around the world, at least, some are doing something with HIV/AIDS. I know its an easy statement but we are into 30 years time line with this disease but there is still no cure for AIDS! I know this forum depends on the ads from the meds companies. However, truth needs to be told. What's the incentive for the meds company to find ‘cure’ for AIDS? None. It’s a pure simple business strategy. So, another country like Thailand or whoever is making any researches, bravo for them. Medical tourism needs to happen more often, Internet transactions for HIV meds needs to happen (hope it does not gets shut down and there are lots of lobbying going on against this). If the price for expensive treatment for HIV/AIDS here in USA is not skyrocketed, meds gets affordable (without insurance), ‘patent rights’ for HIV meds is disappeared, we will see more and more research here in USA (like the one in California). Its frustrates me to notice there AREN’T ENOUGH research happening to cure HIV/AIDS. To me, meds are great and it will save my life one day as its saving millions of others at present. I bet all agree to the fact that we need to see MORE REARCH ON AIDS, at least, to know we are at the right speed for curing AIDS. So Yeaa to the other places who are at least doing something about HIV. Stem cells are not all quake approach. It has some scientific values and we are yet to find out more about that. So, Kelly thanks for asking for feedback and I am sure that's what your intention was not get questioned on. I too cheer for the research! I would say (I guess you have already made the decisions I suppose) anyone needs to do a lots of research before going in to something totally new like this.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:59:35 pm by Since2005 »

Offline mecch

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 02:50:13 pm »
OH please, you need to stop this nonsense, since! Since you have HIV. 

Kelly wanted to go see some quack doctor who would have stolen her or her parents' money with useless treatments and false hopes. 

And BIG PHARMA would have had nothing to do with that CRIME, baby.   

Did you even go read AIDSTRUTH.org?

Yes, you are right, we need more research.  So does ever other fucking disease.

But you pull your head out of the sand after how many years of delusions and denial and the best you can come up with is half-baked big pharma conspiracy theories?  Geez, didn't you say you have a Masters!  Where is your critical thinking.

And tell me how many other virus's can be controlled by medicine???  Thank your lucky stars university research PLUS national research institutes PLUS big pharma -- all 3 resources combined, have a solution for you. 

It's polite to say THANK YOU to the minds that brought that to you. 

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:58:41 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mecch

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 03:02:24 pm »
I know its an easy statement but we are into 30 years time line with this disease but there is still no cure for AIDS! I know this forum depends on the ads from the meds companies. However, truth needs to be told. What's the incentive for the meds company to find ‘cure’ for AIDS? None. It’s a pure simple business strategy. So, another country like Thailand or whoever is making any researches, bravo for them. Medical tourism needs to happen more often...

Just saving this for posterity. 

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 03:07:27 pm »
Honestly, I find it really difficult to believe that there isn't a cure for HIV already. We are so ridiculously technologically advanced as a society. We can put satellites in space and men on the moon but we can't cure HIV? It doesn't make sense to me. I still think they are keeping it from mass society and part of me feels like I should have gone to Thailand.

Did you know that there was a car engine that was created in the 1950's that got over 100 miles per gallon? The oil companies paid the creator of the engine millions of dollars to put it away and never speak of it again. Watch "Gashole". It's a documentary on netflix instant videos and its very informative.

What makes you think that they are above keeping a cure from us? I've said this and I'll say it again...THIS IS THE MOST PROFITABLE DISEASE IN HUMAN HISTORY! I don't think there will ever be a cure for it on the mass market. The pharmaceutical companies will either pay off or kill the person who finds it and put it away never to be seen again. Similar things have been done in EVERY OTHER INDUSTRY.  They will keep us on these expensive drugs for as long as possible because it makes dollars. Plain and simple.

Thats not to say that I am not thankful for the meds that DO exist. They are keeping me alive and thats fantastic, but I am not holding my breath for a cure.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 03:09:21 pm »
I find these types threads interesting. It tells us there is something going on around the world, at least, some are doing something with HIV/AIDS. I know its an easy statement but we are into 30 years time line with this disease but there is still no cure for AIDS! I know this forum depends on the ads from the meds companies. However, truth needs to be told. What's the incentive for the meds company to find ‘cure’ for AIDS? None. It’s a pure simple business strategy. So, another country like Thailand or whoever is making any researches, bravo for them. Medical tourism needs to happen more often, Internet transactions for HIV meds needs to happen (hope it does not gets shut down and there are lots of lobbying going on against this). If the price for expensive treatment for HIV/AIDS here in USA is not skyrocketed, meds gets affordable (without insurance), ‘patent rights’ for HIV meds is disappeared, we will see more and more research here in USA (like the one in California). Its frustrates me to notice there AREN’T ENOUGH research happening to cure HIV/AIDS. To me, meds are great and it will save my life one day as its saving millions of others at present. I bet all agree to the fact that we need to see MORE REARCH ON AIDS, at least, to know we are at the right speed for curing AIDS. So Yeaa to the other places who are at least doing something about HIV. Stem cells are not all quake approach. It has some scientific values and we are yet to find out more about that. So, Kelly thanks for asking for feedback and I am sure that's what your intention was not get questioned on. I too cheer for the research! I would say (I guess you have already made the decisions I suppose) anyone needs to do a lots of research before going in to something totally new like this.

Please break your posts into sections as one huge long run-on paragraph is really hard to read.  Speaking of reading, did you even read the section I posted from this site?  The one that claims to cure HIV with a money-back guarantee?  These folks aren't doing research to find a cure, they are selling fake medicine to take peoples money.  This is an example of people preying on the fears of others to simply make a buck.

This thread has nothing to do with "real" HIV research and these folks in Thailand are not researchers.  You should carefully read posts before replying.  Especially when you claim yet another conspiracy by Big Pharma to prevent developing a cure for HIV.  Save that crap for Facebook.

Offline mecch

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 03:14:49 pm »
Since, Kelly. who is the THEY who is keeping something from us????

Because there are 3 major professional groups of people involved - National institutes and immense powerful influential prestigious scientific research in universities.  So, those 2 groups will know as much about the research for a cure as EVIL BIG PHARMA.  And they have no profit motive to keep anything from the public.  

And there exist an equally powerful argument to balance your theory about big pharma - cause if big pharma had a cure, they could profit with it.

You have very little awareness of how brilliant scientists lead their careers.  

Have you never heard of a Nobel Prize?  A tenured professorship and being at the top of your professions game.  Fame for the history books?

There is NO CURE BEING HELD BY "THEM".   There is no "THEM".  

You two need to get a grip and maybe also learn to be critical readers and thinkers.  Get your brains out of your navels,  you are too pleased with your smug, barely critical, easy and lazy theories of conspiracies that don't exist.

Offline mecch

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 03:18:11 pm »
And Kelly, I shook my finger at you for dissing us about the Thailand thing, and you DON`T even have the intellectual or emotional courage to respond.

I have an idea though, take your conspiracy theories to your parents and see if they have any more patience for your crap than we do.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 03:20:23 pm »
Honestly, I find it really difficult to believe that there isn't a cure for HIV already. We are so ridiculously technologically advanced as a society. We can put satellites in space and men on the moon but we can't cure HIV? It doesn't make sense to me.

THIS IS THE MOST PROFITABLE DISEASE IN HUMAN HISTORY! I don't think there will ever be a cure for it on the mass market. The pharmaceutical companies will either pay off or kill the person who finds it and put it away never to be seen again. Similar things have been done in EVERY OTHER INDUSTRY.  They will keep us on these expensive drugs for as long as possible because it makes dollars. Plain and simple.

Actually, this statement (in bold) is completely false.  There are many more diseases that are much more profitable - heart disease, diabetes, and let's not forget the common cold and allergies ---- the old saying is that we can put a man on the moon, but we can't cure the common cold.

Everything is not a conspiracy.  Also, don't mistake the high cost of HIV drugs for the individual user as being equated to being the most profitable disease in history.  Many more people have cancer, heart disease, diabetes, get the common cold, have allergies, or experience the flu (and have it multiple times in their lives) -- leading to tons of OTC meds, prescription meds, doctor and hospital visits and procedures, etc.

Seems to be a problem here of people wanting to post their opinions or unsubstantiated information and claim it or present it as fact..... hopefully, most members are smart enough to discern and see through this ------ however, I worry about those who may not be as perceptive or those guests who may come across posts such as yours -- while you may have a right to express your opinion, I sure hope you take ownership and responsibility for the harm that your unfounded statements may cause to someone.
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 03:30:45 pm »
Seems to be a problem here of people wanting to post their opinions or unsubstantiated information and claim it or present it as fact..... hopefully, most members are smart enough to discern and see through this ------ however, I worry about those who may not be as perceptive or those guests who may come across posts such as yours -- while you may have a right to express your opinion, I sure hope you take ownership and responsibility for the harm that your unfounded statements may cause to someone.

Yes there is a problem and that's why the rest of us check posts and respond with the truth.  I'm not sure which frustrates me more, the conspiracy theories or members who ignore their HIV for years and then come on here giving advice on how to treat HIV.

Offline Since2005

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 03:31:30 pm »
@Kill - Another word "Carp"... etc. etc. sounds like face book kinda deal to me..  

Thai fake research - May be true.. so, I said needs to do lot more research before going into things like that.

Thankful to the meds - Yes nobody is denying that. However, I am 100% with agreement with Kelly

THIS IS THE MOST PROFITABLE DISEASE IN HUMAN HISTORY! .... They will keep us on these expensive drugs for as long as possible because it makes dollars. Plain and simple.

@mecch – I hope people stop pulling ‘the denial card’ on me every so often. It gets tiring. Use the real critical thinking hat then you will be able to differentiate the ‘business’ and gratefulness towards the ‘saver’.

I won’t be surprised if I don’t see any cure for AIDS in my lifetime considering I am in my 30s and how long my meds will save me 20 years, 30 years. Well, I bet we will go 'many many 30 years' before we find the cure for AIDS. I hope I am wrong unless we starts to see MORE RESEARCH on curing AIDS.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 03:50:28 pm by Since2005 »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 03:32:00 pm »

This part can never be said enough thank you .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 03:36:03 pm »
 I think that its sad that you put your trust into our system and that you call how I think "conspiracy theory". I feel like you believe what the media tells you and that isn't critically thinking to me. I know that there is an awful lot of money and bureaucracy that goes into putting anything on the market to treat HIV. Even if something was found to cure HIV, the pharmaceutical companies would squeeze a good 50 years out of the production so they could continue banking on the profits of the HAART, high blood pressure meds, anti depressants, anti psychotics, high cholesterol meds, antibiotics, anti fungals, the cold and flu remedies, and every other drug that HIV+ people consequentially purchase more of because of this virus

The only reason why I didn't go to Thailand is because my mother told me that her gut feeling was that sending me to Thailand was sending me to my death. I don't fuck with my moms gut. After listening to her advise, I've been able to build my relationship with her stronger than ever. That was more important to me at the time because I know that I can get meds that will keep me alive and well for now. I am keeping tabs on this doctor in Thailand, and I may go there in the future to get treatment when I can afford to do it myself.

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 03:38:57 pm »
Everything is not a conspiracy.  Also, don't mistake the high cost of HIV drugs for the individual user as being equated to being the most profitable disease in history.  Many more people have cancer, heart disease, diabetes, get the common cold, have allergies, or experience the flu (and have it multiple times in their lives) -- leading to tons of OTC meds, prescription meds, doctor and hospital visits and procedures, etc.

Are you forgetting that HIV+ are much more likely to be the ones who use these medications and get these diseases?!

edited to say: Go look at all the other threads in this forum that talk about how many other medications people take just to go about their day, then come back and use this argument with me. K thanks.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 03:42:12 pm by kellybryana »

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 03:39:45 pm »
However, I am 100% with agreement with Kelly

I won’t be surprised if I don’t see any cure for AIDS in my lifetime considering I am in my 30s and how long my meds will save me 20 years 30 years. Well, I bet we will go 'many many 30 years' before we find the cure for AIDS.  

Of course, then again, given your track record for getting labs done (what was it, like 6 or 7 years), then I wouldn't be surprised if a cure for AIDS came along in your lifetime and you didn't even know or find out about it
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 03:49:22 pm by phildinftlaudy »
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 03:41:00 pm »
Thai fake research - May be true.. so, I said needs to do lot more research before going into things like that.

You didn't say the research was "fake", because you didn't bother to read the post.  Please stop talking about things that you know nothing about.  Of course we want to see more research, but just because they can't cure HIV yet, does not mean there is some conspiracy to hide a cure.

Maybe you should spend your time, actually learning about the progress being made in AIDS research, after spending 7 years ignoring your own HIV infection.  You have to have credibility for anyone to actually believe what you say and your history of not treating your own HIV rules you out as anyone who actually knows something about HIV.

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 03:43:14 pm »
Are you forgetting that HIV+ are much more likely to be the ones who use these medications and get these diseases?!
Why don't you try providing some CITATIONS to back up the UNSUBSTANTIATED claims you keep making --- after all, we do have the ability to report to moderators on here when people are making unsubstantiated claims that could cause harm to others.

So, either put the citations up to back up what you are saying - or perhaps quit saying it -- or is it not possible to put up citations because everyone is involved in the great conspiracy?

Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 03:45:45 pm »

The only reason why I didn't go to Thailand is because my mother told me that her gut feeling was that sending me to Thailand was sending me to my death. I don't fuck with my moms gut. After listening to her advise, I've been able to build my relationship with her stronger than ever. That was more important to me at the time because I know that I can get meds that will keep me alive and well for now. I am keeping tabs on this doctor in Thailand, and I may go there in the future to get treatment when I can afford to do it myself.

It kinda comes off sounding like your mom refused to pay your way so you put it on the back burner until you can pony up the cash to do what you want any way . If I were you I would listen to us that have lived with Aids for 30 years , our guts get it right most of the time .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 03:45:54 pm »
This thread is surely rising up in the Stupid-O-Meter ratings.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 03:48:04 pm »
I think that its sad that you put your trust into our system and that you call how I think "conspiracy theory". I feel like you believe what the media tells you and that isn't critically thinking to me. I know that there is an awful lot of money and bureaucracy that goes into putting anything on the market to treat HIV. Even if something was found to cure HIV, the pharmaceutical companies would squeeze a good 50 years out of the production so they could continue banking on the profits of the HAART, high blood pressure meds, anti depressants, anti psychotics, high cholesterol meds, antibiotics, anti fungals, the cold and flu remedies, and every other drug that HIV+ people consequentially purchase more of because of this virus

I think it's sad that you refuse to see the "reality" of HIV treatment and keep promoting these silly theories. You can think what you want, but these "doctors" in Thailand are quacks, because there is no cure for HIV.  If you want to subject yourself to such garbage medicine, that is your choice, but don't think we will allow you to spread false information about bogus research.  Opinions are not facts, nor are statements made that go against everything science tells us is true.  There is no cure for HIV and these doctors are fake.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 03:50:16 pm »
This thread is surely rising up in the Stupid-O-Meter ratings.

I think it may set a new record.  8)

Offline bear60

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 03:53:00 pm »
I totally agree with Miss P and Killfoile.  I wish this thread could just end here
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 03:53:35 pm »
Why come y'all gotst to be so mean and stuuf?! WHY COME!!

That picture about the oranges was really funny by the way. Its just not worth my time to argue anymore. Gracias, pero no gracias.

Offline mecch

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2011, 03:56:52 pm »
Since Kelly,
Put yourselves out.
Respond to the argument I gave you.
There is NO incentive for National Research Institutes and Research University Scientists around the world to HIDE or DELAY a cure for any disease.  Period.
There is a lot of pursuit of research that has very little to do with big pharma or big pharma's interests.

But you can't respond. It's called cognitive dissonance.  You are the types who when experiencing the smallest challenge to your emotionally based "beliefs", stick your heads in the sand because its too damn uncomfortable.  It's not even stupidity.  It's pride.  You're protecting your egos from being wrong.  
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:01:15 pm by mecch »

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2011, 03:57:32 pm »

Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline mecch

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 03:58:07 pm »
Its just not worth my time to argue anymore. Gracias, pero no gracias.

PATHETIC.  Grow up.  Argue your points and substantiate them with facts.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 03:59:06 pm »

Because you are trying to post about some quack clinic in Thailand that supposedly can "cure" HIV.  We will always respond when anyone posts this kind of dangerous nonsense.

Time to lock this thread.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:02:20 pm by killfoile »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 04:02:39 pm »
My nonscientific data indicates that the cure has always been here.  Huge doses of white zin, several times a month.  Must have some validity, I'm still kicking.

Real research is so boring, I prefer any conspiracy theory.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline kellybryana

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2011, 04:05:27 pm »
I'm just trying to sell t shirts man

Can I get a profit margin?!

Offline Since2005

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2011, 04:08:21 pm »
.., but just because they can't cure HIV yet, does not mean there is some conspiracy to hide a cure.
- Who said about the conspiracy to HIDE A CURE? It is one thing to say not enough research been done than go and say to hide the cure. Here is a word for you.. "OMG"

No conspiracy to hide a cure, but sure NOT ENOUGH research has been done. It's a fact that there is NO INCENTIVES for Pharma companies to find the cure. That's the fact. I hope to see more research to cure AIDS once the patent rights are gone.

Again, Kill, please be aware while you write your comments. Please remember, No personal attacks. We might agree and disagree but I sure hope not to attack someone personally or bring up things again and again. Its goes for everyone!!

Okay. I am done ranting.. Peace out..

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:13:27 pm by Since2005 »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2011, 04:09:59 pm »
I'm just trying to sell t shirts man

Can I get a profit margin?!

Do you think that posting about a bogus clinic, that claims to cure HIV is funny?  Really?  Guess what, it's not because many of us have lived through decades of people scamming poz folks with the promise of false cures. You want to promote your "snake oil"?  Find some place else to do it.

In case you missed it, this is a forum for adults and joking about fake cures is not funny.  Not one damn bit.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2011, 04:11:31 pm »
- Who said about the conspiracy on HID A CURE? It is one thing to say not enough research been done than go and say to hide the cure. Here is a word for you.. "OMG"

No conspiracy to hide a cure, but sure NOT ENOUGH research has been done. It's a fact that there is NO INCENTIVES for Pharma companies to find the cure. That's the fact. I hope to see more research to cure AIDS once the patent rights are gone.

Again, Kill, please be aware while you write your comments. Please remember, No personal attacks. We might agree and disagree but I sure hope not to attack someone personally or bring up things again and again. Its goes for everyone!!

More examples of opinions guised as facts.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mecch

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2011, 04:13:07 pm »
I am quite sure AIDS came from a Masonic + Jewish plot to control and profit.
They have used Microsoft as a front from the mid 70's to hatch their master plan.
AIDS was manufactured by genius German Jewish Holocaust survivors working in a team with escaped Nazi scientists, with the Masons as the mastermind go-betweens.  Microsoft and the CIA disseminated AIDS first through vaccines and temporary homosexual office workers, as Windows can transmit the virus through mind control.  Gay office temps were brainwashed into having sex with Haitians AND gay flight attendants.  The reason the Bill Gates Foundation is again involved in Africa is because the Masons lost control of the US Government when Bono got the unholy alliance together to fund HIV treatment in Africa.  Now the Gates Foundation is actually reinfecting Africans so Big Pharma can continue to reap its profits.  Meanwhile a percentage of Big Pharma profit was historically sent to Israel and, when this began to taper off, the Israeli government began a secret program to work with Islamic terrorist cells to bring Wall Street hostage.  This is why Cantor Fitzgerald was destroyed, yet no Jews were in the buildings.  

But you knew all this already, Since and Kelly, so I'm not telling you anything new.

Offline mecch

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2011, 04:18:13 pm »
Kelly did.  Since, your theory is so much more refined.  :o
Because Big Pharma makes a profit on HAART, they certainly wont find the cure. OH, yeah, and of course Pharma prevents the other TWO HUGE actors in this from finding one, as well.

Let me tell you.  Since and Kelly its the Masons, the Jewish State, Bill Gates, Candy Spelling, Priscilla Presley, radical muslim fundamentalists, and the houses of Saud and Windsor.  They are behind it all.  Go get 'em, critical minds!  We need you to be our heros.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2011, 04:19:29 pm »
- Who said about the conspiracy on HID A CURE? It is one thing to say not enough research been done than go and say to hide the cure. Here is a word for you.. "OMG"

Ranting is the right word here and don't tell me how I should respond to a post.  Look, you came here a month ago and it took a muti-page post for folks here to convince you to start monitoring your HIV infection.  The infection you ignored for 7 years and now you are a paragon of HIV information?  A personal attack would involve me calling you a name or claiming something that is untrue.  My issue with you is you ignored your own infection for 7 years and now you are telling others how to treat their HIV.

Someone once said: "It is better for the world to think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

With that, I leave this thread, as I am quickly approaching "HULK RAGE".
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:24:06 pm by killfoile »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.