Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:19:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 207
Total: 208

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Whoaaa, did i just smoke a joint...?  (Read 5826 times)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Whoaaa, did i just smoke a joint...?
« on: August 09, 2009, 11:49:30 pm »
...or simply take my daily dose of Atripla? I had read several times that this lovely pill can make you feel as "loopy" as a good doobie (though I have never smoked one myself)...  Here I sit watching re-runs of 'Dexter' and feeling stoned to say the least.

I had not felt this "side effect" thus far. I thought that after a couple of months you would not feel them... Guess this is happening either 'cause I ate a greasy Angus burger and fries from MD's or due to the fact that I'm up way past my bedtime :)

At any rate, I'm going to enjoy the feeling... wonder if this will be accompanied by some funky dreams once I hit the sack.

M.

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline GNYC09

Re: Whoaaa, did i just smoke a joint...?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 12:37:37 am »
You're "Tripping on Atripla"!  :D

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:40:31 am »
Sustiva highs for me were more acidy - 3D kinda detail especially in the sun, in the city, nature. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline J220

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 05:22:09 pm »
My Atripla "high" comes and goes, and I attibute it mainly to what I had to eat that day. Personally, I quite enjoy the feeling, as it mellows me out and helps me sleep very well indeed.
"Hope is my philosophy
Just needs days in which to be
Love of Life means hope for me
Born on a New Day" - John David

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 09:34:44 pm »
If I fall asleep with the TV on, I incorporate whatever is on into my dream times 10.  I have been having some really freaky dreams since starting Atripla.

Keeps it interesting, I guess ;)

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 11:53:40 am »
After 3 months I still get the occasional "Atripla Trip", I too attribute it to what I have eaten. Oh and the dreams are still there, just last night I dreamed the State Police opened a substation in my bathroom, WTF?

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 09:28:27 pm »
I can't even remember what I dreamt last night.  I guess it no longer has much of an impact upon what plays in my head while I sleep (probably re-runs of what happened during the day). In the beginning it did, but it was sort of influenced by what I had read or, as mentioned by Snow, seen on TV right before bedtime.

And the 'stoned' sensation hasn't been here the last couple of days...  :P
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline onemoretime

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 06:07:39 am »
After 3 months I still get the occasional "Atripla Trip", I too attribute it to what I have eaten. Oh and the dreams are still there, just last night I dreamed the State Police opened a substation in my bathroom, WTF?

-Will

LMFAO>> in your bathroom.. ha... I love it.  I have some really strange dreams too, somtimes i remember them.. can't think of any now to tell u, but loved that one. I just laughed over and over....at 6am as I lay in bed awake 2 hours before I should be awake...LOL
08/04 diag 490 cd4 vl 50,000
10/25/05 436 50,513 hvb 1.1 billion
12/13/05 truvada sustiva
02/16/06 742 und, hpb 63,000
04/27/06 740 und hpb 60,000
01/05/07 458 und hvb und
03/08   470 undetectable still on atripla. Non smoking (chantex)
08/08 cd4 550 undetectable hiv, Hep B UND. Atripla
06/09  cd4 444, vl undetectable testo 130
09/09/09 CD4 687 46% UND  Testo 213 started androgel
10/12/09 cd4 682 46% und testo 597
01/12/10 cd4 842 48% und testo 434
041010 cd4 693  53% testo 492
100410 cd4 568 48% testo 523
012711 cd4 523 hcv 56 testo 596
083011 cd4 280 Hcv/HIV und
042912 cd4 158 hcv /hiv und, was on hep c for 11 months. do have ssdi filed and getting LTD
061912 cd4 151, bactrum, hep c and hiv und
071712 cd4 287 52% HIV HCV und
112012 cd4 520

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 07:42:12 am »
.....I dreamed the State Police opened a substation in my bathroom, WTF?
-Will

Me thinks I know what is behind THAT dream!
Now where is that "Hop on, Hop off" photo..............   ;)

Hugs,
Mike

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 10:11:08 pm »
LOL...was Larry Craig in the dream also?  ;)

Offline AboutToStart

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 10:02:43 pm »
I'm in my 2nd month into the Atripla.. I don't really get "stoned" as I try and keep 2-3 hours break from food before popping the pill at night (regardless of what I ate). If I don't keep that food break, I will get "stoned" even if it's just drinking some tea (with some sugar) before the pill...

My main "complaint" is that on occasion, I will feel very weak the next morning and during the day (just a ganeral weakness, I can still go to work but don't really feel like working out or doing much..). I still haven't figured out what causes those weak days to occur..
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 10:04:29 pm by AboutToStart »

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 11:35:36 pm »
I also couldn't eat within 3 hours of taking my Atripla until ~late in the 3rd month. Now I can eat a low-fat snack with or after taking my Atripla without waking up dizzy and tired. Unfortunately, I also have way fewer dreams.  I used to get a kick out of them.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.