Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:01:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 513
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 447
Total: 447

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Need Advice about the risk  (Read 6552 times)

Offline jumpBoy

Need Advice about the risk
« on: March 15, 2008, 02:18:04 pm »
Week ago I have oral sex with boy That I Know from  the internet .Just oral sex no Anal involved  at all Hi didn't ejaculate in my mouth .It was just oral sex and hi come on my chest  I never play anal sex with strangers and not allow people to ejaculate in my mouth.I would like to get advice about this situation do I really need to test myself over this situation .I have regular check ups every 6 months anyway .What about this precum what is the risk? I have no reasons to don't believe that this boy is negative like hi saying.I would like to keep meeting him for longer and would like to know The risk from blow jobs without ejaculation in mouth .Please FOR ADVICE
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 02:42:25 pm by jumpBoy »

Offline jumpBoy

Re: Need Advice about the risk
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:50:58 pm »
Can somebody on this site please give me opinion please

Offline jumpBoy

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »
Thanks I dont have cold sores .I just want to know what I should do now test especily for that or not

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 04:19:36 pm »
Jump,

Giving oral to a man is a theoretical risk for HIV transmission. There has never been a documented case of HIV being transmited in this way. You do not need to be tested for HIV as a result of this encounter.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our Lessons to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

MtD

/edited to remove now unnecessary information/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:18:25 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 04:59:01 pm »
There have been some reported cases of transmission orally but when closely examined they don't hold up. Also, longterm studies of sero-discordant couples, both gay and straight, who had lots of mutual unprotected oral sex and only protected vaginal and anal intercourse have resulted in not a single sero-negative partner becoming infected.

Still the rumours seem to abound that giving oral is a risk so this is something you ultimately have to decide about what's your own comfort zone. The real risk for transmission sexually is either unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse. Everything else is in the domain of "theoretical" but not actual risk.

Andy Velez

Offline jumpBoy

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 12:03:40 am »
Thank you very much guys (Andy and Matty.the.damned) for help with this matter
I just dont wanna go crazy about it .Week after dont feel any symptoms but I know that symptoms has nothing to do if comes to hiv.
I just wanted to know from your experience if I really should test over this or leave it as a not real risk

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 10:30:49 am »
No, I don't see any need to test in relation to this incident.

In general we do recommend that anyone who's sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least annually. So keep that in mind as part of your general healthcare.
Andy Velez

Offline jumpBoy

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 09:04:40 am »
I was thinking I can put my mind in rest but it is a bit hard .
First I would like to say thanks to everybody who answered my question.
At the moment I unfortunately still worried about this situation that I have I really don't now what I have to think .
I know that oral sex with somebody not ejaculating in your mouth is low risk .I just had normal oral sex play with guy no anal at all and we didn't ejaculate in mouth I don't have any sores in my mouth  .I know oral sex is tricky thing but is this really real risk or just virtual and do I really need to test for this exposure I'm a bit new in gay life and need advice from somebody about this incident Andy you are great person and thank you for your comment.I had this oral sex 10 day ago after that I had sex with my boyfriend and now hi feels not well got dry cough bit sore throat and feeling weak.I don't wanna think is something to do with me and my oral sex with this guy I know symptoms has nothing to do if comes to hiv but It is worry for me about how hi feels .So far I feel normal.I just don't want to worry anymore.I will test like always at 3 months time but Andy said he don't see need for testing over this situation .Is all so scary for me  ???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 09:33:50 am »
If it scares you that bad. Test collect your negative result and don't do it again. Simple as that.

Offline jumpBoy

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 09:38:14 am »
Of course is simple as that to dont do that again .But I just want to know If I was really at risk please

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 09:46:59 am »
Your question has already been answered about risk level. Re-read what we've said to you.

If you want an absolutely guaranteed written in stone assurance that isn't going to happen in this world. You like to suck dick. We say the risk is essentially theoretical rather than real. You have to decide what level of risk you are willing to accept to have your pleasure.

How much clearer can we be?

Seems to me you're anxious about this and want a gold seal guarantee.   
Andy Velez

Offline jumpBoy

Worried to sick Now
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 03:16:13 pm »
9th of March I have oral sex with boy That I Know from  the internet .Just oral sex no Anal involved  at all Hi didn't ejaculate in my mouth .It was just oral sex and hi come on my chest  I never play anal sex with strangers and not allow people to ejaculate in my mouth.I would like to get advice about this situation do I really need to test myself over this situation .I have regular check ups every 6 months anyway .What about this precum what is the risk? I have no reasons to don't believe that this boy is negative like hi saying.I would like to keep meeting him for longer and would like to know The risk from blow jobs without ejaculation in mouth.

Month After this theoretical or no risk exposure I tested negative Genscreen AntiGen-AntiBody Hiv1/2 Negative
 Now its the worst

But my boyfriend around 20th of March has very nasty chest infection and went to see Gp she ordered ome blood test for him and  prescribed antybiotics and he was all ok after about a week of taking them .
We have the same Gp and when she was ordering the blood tests for him acidentaly she ordered T-Cell Subset test for him because I have that performed in the past due to my health not hiv related.So she propably just klick one test to much for him simple mistake .And now the scary part 3rd of April hi had his results back WBC ok ant the others ass well but his T-Cell Subset came back very strange and abnormal Reverse Results she called .
She called him today apologise for mistake and  asking if hi had any  high risk sex behavior and hi said No because hi have sex with me and that 100% true.She advised him anyway to go to GUM for check up and hi need to have T cell Subset repited in two wek to see if that come back to normal .She also said that this abnormal Tcell Subset can be due to nasty chest infection that hi have that time but she want to be sure .Im scared to deth now because we have sex together after I had tis oral exposure with this Boy but it was minimal ris exposure no cum in my mouth no anal involved jus oral . That was the only exposure I had Im testing myself reguraly Im so worried sick now .I have Hiv test month after this oral exposure Negative and I was told In Gum that is minimal risk on no risk

What can couse his Abnormal Tcell Subset meybe this nasty chest infection at the time or it was ARS
I dont now what to think now

His results are           Thats comment come with the resullt from the lab to his Gp

Minor changes -TCS non urgent appt
CD4        22%     Comments : clinical details chest infection Reversed CD4/CD8 ratio ,may be reactive finding.
CD4 Abs  521                        Is there any evidence of retroviral infection or clinical concern re immune deficiency?
CD8        39%
CD8 Abs  956
 Please any members like Andy Or Ann for opinion please?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 03:24:15 pm by jumpBoy »

Offline jumpBoy

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 03:33:56 pm »
Can somebody give me some advice Im so confused and worried please. :'(Please Andy any comment please on this wired situation
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:04:57 pm by jumpBoy »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 04:26:14 pm »
Jump, let's address one issue at a time. First of all, regarding the oral sex you gave to another fellow, I don't see any cause for concern. Although from time to time we get claims of someone having become infected via giving a guy a blowjob, they never hold up under scientific scrutiny. By contrast through lengthy studies of sero-discordant couples, (both gay and straight), where there has been a lot of mutual oral and only protected intercourse, not a single sero-negative partner has become infected. Which clearly points to giving oral as a non-risk or risky only theoretically.

It comes down to what level of risk you are comfortable with. Things like open sores or fresh wounds in the mouth or bad oral care are cited as perhaps posing a greater risk. And perhaps ejaculation orally MIGHT be a greater risk factor. But still, it's theoretical.

So as far as your incident I don't see any cause for testing.

Now I am not clear from what you have written if you are concerned that you may have passed HIV to your boyfriend or that he might be infected and a risk to you. Please clarify.

You can't have given it to him because you don't have HIV. You're anxiously misreading his test results, none of which are capable of reliably indicating HIV status. ONLY an HIV test can be used for knowing HIV status. And nothing you are reporting about his test results is in any way HIV specific. This is all your mind going to town without any basis in HIV science.
Andy Velez

Offline jumpBoy

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 04:41:11 pm »
Thank you vetry much Andy .Im worried that I passed hiv to him .I understand that oral with no sores in mouth and ejaculation is theoretical risk thaks god.But because hic Tcell Subset test done by mistake by GP iM WORRIED because she said its completly reversed like it should be to much CD8 and a bit low CD4 and poor % so she was just wondering why is that Meybe due to this nasty chest infection that hi had at the time of test .She clearly didnt know why this strange results because his WBC test completly normal and Iminoglobullins level normal as well . I know that CD4 AND CD8  can be diffrent after some infections She said as well meybe its lab error .Im just worried that I could pass hiv to him after my oral exposure with this boy . hope not .I was told as well at GUM that is very low low risk to get hiv from oral exposure with no ejaculation almost no risk .Thank ju Andy from my hart for your answer.Do you think my one month negative test its enough and I can just leave it .Well you said I dont need to test over this encounter anyway.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 05:10:27 pm »
I am not even going to attempt to sort out the mess with the tests and the GP. Whatever that's about it has nothing to do with you nor with your passing on HIV. You don't have it to pass on to him so you can drop that out of the equation right now.

Reads to me more like guilt on your part for having strayed because there's nothing in HIV science to support your fears. As for you bf, he just needs to get his own tests straightened out for whatever is going on with him. If he has any reason to doubt his HIV status for activities on his part then he should get tested. I'm not saying he does. All that stuff about WBC and such are totally irrelevant as barometers of HIV status.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:12:19 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline jumpBoy

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 01:56:26 pm »
Thank you very much Andy for your comments
The baseline is hi didnt have any exposure apart from having sex with me I have no reason to dont trust him on it ok.My question is
Is it possible for healthy person (hiv-) to have T-Cell Subset test results  like his completly Reversed . Is there any reason why hi can have so strange results I know my oral exposure without ejaculation was very very low risk and I tested negative one month after this exposure with Ag-Ab test .But hi is worried sick we went to clinic to have him tested.
Waiting for results . 

Offline jumpBoy

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 02:44:22 pm »
Can I ask for your comment please

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 03:27:38 pm »
You're asking me to make some evaluation of your boyfriend's test results. I can't do that. This is an HIV specific website. I can tell you that I don't see any reason to believe that HIV is an issue for you. Therefore you cannot pass on to him something which you don't have yourself. As for whatever, if anything, is up with him, that's for his doctor(s) to sort out. 
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.