Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Recently joined this site.

(1/3) > >>

Oryan2008:
Hello Peeps.

I have just joined this site. A friend of mine who is a member recommended it to me so I thought I would join up. I was diagnosed last May as being HIV+. So am still trying to come to terms with everything. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. I am looking for friends too. The more the merrier I love meeting new people. Thank you for reading this.

Oryan

Andy Velez:
Welcome to the site, Oryan. We're sorry you tested poz but since you did we hope you find this site to be helpful.

It would be helpful if you tell us more about yourself, where you're at physically and such. Then you can get more specific responses regarding any issues. In a general way I'll also just say that the most important thing initially is for you to be having regular checkups. Forming a good working partnership with your doctor to keep you healthy is essential.   

You're always welcome here to bring up anything that's on your mind or to just participate in the discussions.

Cheers,

OneMoreGuy:
Hello Oryan,

Welcome to the Forum. I am a newbie here too, although not a newbie to HIV. One of my ex-partners got infected around the early 80s and together we followed the development of different HIV therapies (even some that never became mainstream). Twenty plus years later he is still alive and happy, and just a few years ago I too joined the ranks of those infected.

There seem to be a lot of helpful people here and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Cheers,

Doktor B

Oryan2008:
Thank you for your support.

I have been diagnosed with two strains of the virus. I have not idea what my counts are all the doctors says is that they are very very low. I do go to regular check ups. I am taking Kivexia and Sustiva. The hardest part I am finding is trying to eat a balanced diet. My money is very limited and healthy food is expensive. I have just started a course of anti depressants as before I started these I couldn't get out of bed and would hole up in my room for days. So have sought doctors adivce who recommended the anti depressants and am going to counselling too. Which is proving very useful.

Oryan

sweetasmeli:
Guys and gals, I'm the friend who recommended AM, so make sure you play nicely with Oryan. ;)

Hello honey and a bittersweet welcome!

I forgot to pass on my email addy to you today so I'm sending it via here; if you check your private messages here (left hand side of the page under your User photo) it should come up under PM as 'New' in bold. Just click on that.

You and I need to talk about that diet and other stuff!

Debra xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version