Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:45:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 198
Total: 198

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Have you ever been so convinced?  (Read 3930 times)

Offline 2scared2die

• Standard
Have you ever been so convinced?
« on: December 31, 2012, 12:35:39 pm »
So here is my story, it's long, sorry about that.

4 Weeks ago Sat I away for work and met up with a guy from online.  I'm a bisexual male in a relationship with a woman.   I hardly ever act out on my other sexual side, and my wife is 99% monogamous.  The person I met up with told me his is also in a relationship with a woman and he is bisexual.  I asked when his last encounter was and he said a couple of years ago.  Who knows how true that is.  Mine was 8 months before and involved oral.  I was honest about this.  I told him that I had not done anal since I was a teenager.

Here is the sequence of events.

Friday night: we hook up and we perform mutual fellatio for a few minutes.  Then I put a condom on and try to penetrate, but I can't achieve an erection.  I watch him put the condom on and I ask that he does not ejaculate inside of me.   He says ok.  He penetrates me for about 40 - 50 seconds and says I'm going to cum and pulls out.   I look at the condom, but it doesn't appear broken.  He slowly removes the condom and wraps it up.  I try again to penetrate him, but I could not.   So I perform fellatoi on him, tasting quite a bit of precum.  He says he's going to cum, but doesn't cum in my mouth. 

Saturday Afternoon: About 15 hours later I arrive home and have sex with my wife. 

Sunday Evening: My wife starts feeling terrible with a low grade fever and I feel bad with a low grade fever and a sore throat.

Monday: My wife and I are feeling a bit better.

Tuesday:  My wife is back to normal, and I'm better, but really nervous.

Wednesday:  I start getting frequency urination and painful urination and conjunctivitis.  I'm really freaking out now, my stress level is going through the roof.

I suffer through this throughout the week along with a mild sore throat.  I go to the Doc on Wednesday and they do a urinalysis and it comes back negative for bacterial infection. They do blood work for  HIV, HEP, and the usual urinary gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphillis.   The results come back neg.  Now I'm thinking well 1 week is to soon anyways.   

By the weekend I've had enough so I go to the hospital and the emergency room.  I didn't really notice my sore throat, as my urethritis was bothering me.   I talk to the doc and he looks at my tests and asks me about my symptoms.  I mention the occasional swelling of my knee,  the urethritis, the conjunctivitis and the pains under my feet and he tells me it sounds like  Reiter's Syndrome. 

So I get home and google Reiter's Syndrome and I see a bunch of stuff about Bacterial infections activating the disease, but of course I see HIV.  Now I'm freaking out.

So the following days after that I experience transient lymph node swelling,  behind my knee for an hour, then in between my legs for maybe a few hours.  I'm conflicted because I'm reading about Reiter's syndrome and many who suffer from it have lymph node swelling, usually on one side, as it's an autoimmune disorder.

So week 2 I have a mild persistent sore throat, that I am really obsessing over.  At this point I'm thinking it's ghonorrea, but deep down my brain is screaming HIV.
I keep thinking I'm having night sweats.  I wake up my legs are sweaty and I start to panick and my body gets sweaty.

Week 3:  I still have the persistent sore throat and I can feel transient lymph node swelling behind my leg and in my rib cage. Transient meaning,  it's there for maybe a hour and it goes away. I get this feeling of dread like something is wrong and I should go to the emergency.  I let it ride and it gets better.  I experience what I thought could be a night sweat.  I wake up with this dream feeling thinking here comes the seroconversion night sweat and my body starts to sweat.

It's Christmas time and we are celebrating at work and drinking alcohol relieves the throat pain, but I feel really crappy afterwods even after a few beers.

Week 4:  My throat gets better, then it gets worse and it keeps doing this until it just feels worse all the time. I get the chills and have to sit with my electric blanket.  I obsessively check my temperature and at some point it's down to 94.4.  Lot's of times it's at 95, but mostly it's around 97.5 to 98.   So of course I google low body temperature and they talk about infection and viruses.  Now I know that stress can cause many of these things, but my subconscious won't let this go.
I never run a temperature.

I went to the emergency and gave him my story and he says well might be an STI and gives me 4 of the most painful antibiotic.

I go back to the emergency to get the 2nd day of injection and see a different doc first and give him the full story.   He looks in my throat and see's that it's red, but I have zero lymph node swelling anywhere on my body. 

At this point I am absolutely convinced that I am infected with HIV and am experiencing Acute Retrovial Seroconversion.

I e-mailed the other guy when the painful urination first started because I thought I had gonorrhea and told him he should get tested.  He responded back sometime later saying he got tested and it's all fine, but who really knows if he's lying or not. 
I e-mailed him back again asking about HIV specifically, but I think he's ignoring me.

I know many of you will say it's a no/low risk encounter, but  my brain can't comprehend why my sore throat persists for so long.   Everywhere you go online and you google persistent sore throat they say HIV/AIDS.

My anxiety over this is so bad that I asked the doc for Anti anxiety meds.  This helps me short term, but it's not something I can rely on long term.  It even feels like my sore throat is better when I take this.  I'm not sure if it has some effect on pain or not.

I have never been so convinced of something in my life.   I keep holding on to small threads of hope, but the more I read the more those threads fall. 

Thanks for listening.  Talking about this helps me a bit.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Have you ever been so convinced?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 03:05:09 pm »
2Scared, you are essentially worrying needlessly about HIV. Condoms were used for actual and attempted anal penetration. They provide very effective protection. Unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse are the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV.

Giving oral sex is only theoretically a risk. Actually your saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively prevent the transmission of viable HIV. And receiving oral is absolutely not a risk. Period.

If any of your symptoms persist you should discuss them with your doctor. HIV is not the cause. And stop googling online about HIV. Going online just feeds your worst fears and all to no good purpose.

It is a bit of red flag when you say your wife is "99% monogamous." Monogamy is like pregnancy. It is or it isn't. There's no in-between. So if you have any doubts about whether you are in a solidly monogamous relationship then you should be using condoms for intercourse.

Lastly, you need to stop responding to other members in their threads. However well intentioned your efforts are, only those who are authorized to respond to other members can post in member threads. You do not have that authorization.

I don't see any need for HIV testing on your part.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.