Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:49:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 235
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: should I test over this  (Read 14553 times)

Offline tony3535

should I test over this
« on: March 31, 2007, 10:02:20 am »
Hello,This is my first time posting so please bare with me.Here is my deal I had received a blowjob from another man that I met,I used a rubber the whole time except before I came I took it off and finished in his mouth,but I also noticed while he was blowing me he was jacking off . Well I left as soon as i was finished and when I got in my car I applied some had sanitizer to my dick and balls and when I did It burned a little under my balls and when I inspected the area under my balls I noticed that I either have jock itch or dry skin that I scratched raw now I'm wondering if he did rub some precum on the area where I scratched the heck out of my nuts is there a  chance that I may be infected with the viruse via small cut or abrasions that I caused by scratching? please help..thank you

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Is there a risk here
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 12:10:23 pm »
All of your jock itch and other details notwithstanding, no one has in the entire history of the epidemic become infected through receiving a blowjob. Not one. And it's safe to say you aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

In general we do recommend that anyone who's sexually active regularly get a full STD panel done. That means at least annually and every six months is even better. Other STDs are much easier to get than HIV.

This time out you have no cause for concern about HIV.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 05:28:14 pm »
Tony,

Not only is getting a blowjob not a risk, neither is getting some precum on your dry, jock-itchy balls. This falls under the catagory of mutual masturbation and mutual masturbation is not a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever become infected this way and you will not be the first. You will also not be the first to have dry balls and got someone elses cum on them.

Successful hiv infection occurs INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tony3535

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 11:29:51 pm »
thank you for the response,does that apply also  if I  had small cuts from scratching so much?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 05:09:12 am »
tony,

I can guarantee you aren't the only man to scratch his balls. You didn't have a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tony3535

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 09:51:23 am »
thank you again for your help..I have one last and final question can you seroconvert 5-6 days after exsposure..thanks again,,.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 10:18:06 am »
Take the time to read the lessons. The links can be found in the "Welcome" thread. Serocoverting is nothing that you have to worry about. You did not have a risk.

Offline tony3535

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 11:03:45 am »
hey rapidrod,but wouldnt there be a risk if I had scratched until the skin was raw and there were a few small cuts from scratching so much  then he rubbed some of his infected precum in that area? please let me know what you think.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 02:32:34 pm »
Tony, you were not at risk in this incident no matter more what ifs you struggle to come up with.

Are you married? Are you new to sex with men? I ask that because what comes across to me is that you are really anxious about the sexual experience itself and that's what is causing you to focus on the phsyical aspects. You have no basis in HIV science for being concerned.

Andy Velez

Offline tony3535

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 08:18:11 pm »
Hello,Andy yes you are correct I am married and this was the first encounter with the opposite sex,but I seem to be more worried over the precum to cut from scratching risk as crazy as it may sound,but I do value your opinion highly and thank you so much for your time.

Offline tony3535

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 01:44:32 pm »
hello,well I just came from my doctors office had to go for a severe sprained ankle but while I was there I asked him if it was possible that I could contract it through precum to small cuts or cracks to the skin where I had been scratching,and he said of course you could like he was so shure of himself.Needless to say I walked out of there more scared than I ever was ....he also said all you really need is one small  portal via cracked skin small scratch or your urethra for it to enter your body is he correct in all of this please let me know thank you so much my mind is working overtime..

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 01:49:45 pm »
Family and GP doctors are NOTORIOUSLY over conservative in their reccomendations to test.  You do not need to test over this incident. 
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 04:23:27 pm »
Tony, just to make YOU happy, go test, collect your negative result, then come back and post.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 04:58:57 pm »
Your doctor, and sadly he is far from the only one, is in need of a remedial course in HIV.

He's worried you unnecessarily. Really.

The ONLY reason for you to get tested is if this issue is going to nag at you. You were not at risk no matter the doctor said.

Damn, it really makes me mad when someone to whom people turn trustingly for professional advice gives out such cockydoody.

Andy Velez

Offline tony3535

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 11:06:12 am »
just wondering wouldn't a small cut or scratch be a direct link to your bloodstream for the infected precum to infect you? and if not why ?it is broken skin wouldn't the correct cells that are needed for the hiv viruse be there if there was a break in the skin or small cut. I'm sorry I'm confused please help

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 11:15:45 am »
Lets start with the fact that you dont even KNOW if the guy is HIV+ or not and you dont KNOW if he put precum on ANY part of you.  HIV is a DIFFICULT and hard to transmit virus.  It is not transmitted OUTSIDE the human body as you are suggesting.  It is only transmitted INSIDE the body.  Which means, IV needles hollow bore, or the most common route of unprotected anal/vaginal intercourse.  It is not transmitted because you scratched your balls.

The skin is a VERY effective barrier and it has MULTIPLE layers.  Lets equate it to Antarctica, you can scratch and drill in the ice (in your case skin) for MONTHS and never hit water (in your case blood).  The layers are too thick and are an effective barrier from contaminants getting to the water (blood).  A small scratch on the surface of your skin is NOT a direct link to the blood stream.  It is not broken skin in your case it is raw skin, one of many layers of your epidermis.

You had NO RISK.
RIDE!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 11:20:20 am »
You have to have a deep cut to even come close to having a chance of contract HIV. First just a scratch or small cut is not going to get it. It only takes the body a matter of seconds to start the healing process. You were never at risk.

Offline tony3535

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 09:35:46 am »
hello and thank you for the response,but isn't it true that Any breakdown in the integrity of the skin can allow HIV to enter the bloodstream. This includes cuts, abrasions, or skin problems like dermatitis. And would the skin under the ball sack  be considered a mucos membrane ?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 09:58:34 am »
No and No.
RIDE!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 10:00:26 am »
No, it isn't true.

For instance during mutual masturbation when semen and other body fluids may become involved, there have never been any documented cases of transmission through an abrasion, nick, cut or other similar and common occurences. Theoretically possible? Yes. Does it happen in the real world of HIV? No.

You seem bent on lingering in what ifs. Once you get started with that the possibilities for coming up with anxiety-provoking scenarios are endless. All to no good or valid purpose of course.  

As I see it no matter how you try to twist and turn it otherwise, the real issue here is that you fooled around with another guy. That's what this is about. And you weren't at risk for HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline tony3535

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 12:14:13 pm »
Hello and thanks for all the fast responses, so there was no risk for me if he indeed rubbed precum on a small cut I had under my balls ? And wouldn't that be the same as if I had anal sex where I had a tear in my anus and he came in me ? and when Andy says it is Theoretically possible? . Does it happen in the real world of HIV? No. why can it theoretically happen but in the real world of hiv it doesn't..whats the difference I don't understand. And I did test like after a bout a week and a half and it was neg I know that means nothing but at least I have a baseline on where I'm at or would that neg mean it is probably going to be neg the next time I take it ? plus I was having sore lymphnodes and tired like I was catching the flu at the time when I took the test. Plus where I took the test it is a Hiv center and when they told me the test was neg they let me talk to a hiv counselor and I told him every thing I told y'all and he said that yes there is a risk and that I should be tested again in 3 months . I guess him being a counselor for hiv and him also saying that I had a risk just freaked me out even more. so please I'm sorry for nagging you all  please respond thanks           

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 12:24:16 pm »
The anus and the bottom of your balls are 2 totally different animals.  Your anus doesnt have the same layering of skin as your nuts nor is it of the same thickness.

As for theoretical vs. real life.  THEORETICALLY you can time travel.  No one in the real world has Time Traveled.  Some say they have but no one can prove it.  Theoretically a meteor could fall from the sky and kill you today, in the real world, it just doesnt happen does it?

As for the HIV counselor, sounds like he could use some education. 
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 01:35:15 pm »
tony,

Another difference between your two scenarios is that for someone to rub pre-cum on your balls, the pre-cum will have to be outside the body. Hiv is VERY fragile and small differences in temperature, moisture content and pH levels will quickly damage the outer covering of the virus. This outer covering must be intact and undamaged in order for hiv to infect. With the scenario with a cut in the anus, the precum would not be outside the body. We're talking about unprotected anal intercourse here. Hiv needs very exacting conditions in order to infect and those conditions are only found inside the human body.

Go ahead and test if you like to confirm your negative status, but you did not have a risk and you will continue to test hiv negative over this incident. Make sure you use condoms for intercourse and you will remain hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tony3535

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 09:44:17 pm »
Hello again,, If i tested on monday april 2 and my exposure was on march 23 and i started to have some sore nodes and mild sore throat before I took the teast and even while I took the test would the test be correct it said I was neg?? Im just so worried about that maybe some precum did get into a cut or my scratched skin please let me know what yall think thank you so much

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2007, 09:50:40 pm »
As there WAS no "exposure," there is no need to test over this incident.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline tony3535

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 10:23:27 pm »
so threre is no risk of me contracting the viruse through gettin precum or even cum on a cut or scratch right..I'm sorry I'm just worried to death..

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 10:07:58 am »
How many times and different ways can we say NO.

We have told you it was no risk.  ALL OF US have told you that.  We have told you WHY it isnt a risk. 

Please, get on with your life and quit focusing on this incident, it isnt healthy.
RIDE!!!

Offline tony3535

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 06:39:09 pm »
Hello, yes I know I have been told this but, every site I look on and even the hiv clinic that i have talked to there counselors tell me the same thing, yes you can become infected this way.. If semen comes in contact with a cut or sore then yes it is a way of becoming infected..why would they be saying this if it wasn't true? And when you think about it its almost a no brainer,theres a cut you get semen in it that is infected and now your positive ..It seems highly  likely you would be infected if you did get it in a cut. I know this is beating a dead horse but I just don't get this..cut or sore = a link to your bloodstream doesn't it..help!!! I'm loosing my mind

Offline tony3535

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 03:20:25 pm »
anyone?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 03:28:12 pm »
We can't account for what other sites and sources put out. Believe me if you continue to surf the net you will find (mis/dis)information as well asthose who will confirm all the worst fears your mind can come up with.

We've told you what we know the best way we can. What you choose to do with it is up to you.

If you're going to drag this unnecessary concern around then get tested and collect the inevitable negative result. Maybe then you'll accept that result and move on with your life.

Your move....
Andy Velez

Offline tony3535

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 09:17:11 pm »
ok,and yes I am hard headed,but I do have one more question. Wouldnt the viruse stay alive if he did touch his precum and then touched my balls where I had broke skin from scratching it only took seconds and if the viruse stays wet not dry wouldnt the viruse still be able to infect because it is still in a wet inviorment ??? wouldnt the viruse live longer out of the body in this situation?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 09:34:53 pm »
What have we already told you so far.  We have said you in no way had a risk of contracting HIV from scratching your balls too much.  No matter HOW you spin it, it STILL isnt a risk.

The skin is an excellent barrier even when under repair and HIV is a very fragile and difficult to transmit virus that is only transmitted INSIDE the human body. 

Somehow I doubt this helps you.

I urge you to seek the help of a mental health professional.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:36:33 pm by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline tony3535

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2007, 10:28:53 am »
well Im getting a test today and was just wondering what do you think my chances are ? I have heard that it would be possible to become infected having precum on a scratch or small cut and that scares me something crazy....it seems like that could be a port of entry... well anyway ..please please tell me what you think..thanx again

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2007, 10:36:38 am »
Do you honestly think the answers are going to change?  You have NOT heard that it is possible to become infected by having precum on your freshly scratched nuts on THIS WEBSITE.  Or from any credible source I would venture to say.

Go get your negative result and move on.  Our answers wont change no matter how many times you ask.
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2007, 10:40:23 am »
Tony,

Have you read a single thing anyone has written to you, or have we just been wasting our time?

You didn't have a risk. Your chance of testing hiv negative is ... well, it's not a chance. You WILL test negative if this is the riskiest encounter you've ever had. I don't just think that, I KNOW that.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tony3535

quick lube question
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2007, 01:00:11 pm »
are there any lubes out there that may have some sort of additive that would kill the hiv viruse on contact  if it were present ? It seems like it would help the chances for someone  if they had a condom break to remain neg.. Im just curious...

Offline RapidRod

Re: quick lube question
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007, 01:01:52 pm »
Put all your questions and concerns in your orginal thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: quick lube question
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2007, 01:04:47 pm »
Tony,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

There are studies being conducted into what are known as microbicides - basically something the receptive partner can put inside them to help prevent hiv infection. None of them are yet available outside the studies.

For more information on condoms and lube, check out the three links in my signature.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tony3535

should I test over this
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2008, 07:47:38 am »
Hello, well here is what happend I had vaginal sex with a call girl for about 5 minutes with a condom, after I was done I took off the condom and used some hand sanatizer to clean up a little bit, well after she left I went to throw the condom in the trash but I took a look at the condom first for some reason and I noticed there was a red tint to it so it must of been blood well I filled the condom up with water to see if there were any leaks or tears in it and there wasn't,,,, now my question is would I be at risk if there was blood and it got down to the base of my penis you know where the rubber ends and theres that small exposure of skin??? or is it just what it is safe sex..it just seems that if theres blood my chances of being infected go up even with a rubber on...please im lost even the cdc says that if i had  a irratation or small micro cuts that being exposed to the blood would be enough to infect me..is that true????

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: should I test over this
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2008, 08:10:20 am »
Tony,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv transmission, even in the presence of blood. What matters is that the head of your penis was covered. Hiv does not infect through intact skin, such as on the base of your penis. Vaginal fluids do not enter through the base of the condom and travel to the head of the penis.

You do not need to test over this incident. Please re-read the advice about testing I gave you in  this post. As a sexually active adult you should be having a full STI panel, including but not limited to hiv, at least once a year. As long as you use condoms correctly and consistently, you can fully expect your hiv tests to return with negative results.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.