Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:47:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 210
Total: 211

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV Wasting and Testosterone  (Read 14831 times)

Offline IAmHappy

HIV Wasting and Testosterone
« on: September 07, 2010, 09:41:22 am »
To make this short, I was recently diagnosed with full blown AIDS after have been wasting for a few months. I went to a bunch of doctors and none of them wants to actually help me with my wasting. They all claim that the wasting will stop once my viral load goes down. Granted, the wasting has stopped but still I'm worried that none of my doctors really cares about lean muscle mass and its importance. I'm surprised doctors don't even mention the importance of multivitamins and proper nutrition to their HIV patients.

After reading, Built To Survive I'm convinced that I really need to start a steroid cycle as soon as possible. I was 188 lbs (13% bf) before this all started. I was a regular at the gym and had build myself some quality muscle that has probably saved my life. I now weigh about 145 lbs soaking wet...a 43 lbs loss and still my doctors don't seem to care.

One problem is that I live in Germany, so contacting any name on medibolics.com is kind of useless. Any EU or German members here that could help? Or what I can do to convince a doctor to get me on steroids?

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: HIV Wasting and Testosterone
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:55:31 am »
First of all, Built to Survive is very slanted towards one particular medical point of view so take it with a grain of salt.

You have, indeed, lost a significant amount of weight -- I lost a similar amount 8 years ago so we're probably of similar body height/builds.  I did utilize testosterone treatment for several years to regain weight, but that's only part of the equation.  One problem that I think current doctors notice is that certain patients, namely gay gym bunnies (or which I once was one when I lost the weight) insist on staying on the testosterone once they regain their weight.  Long term use of testosterone treatment can potentially have side effects, though the extent of this has no medical consensus.  I know my doctor insisted I stop at a certain point, but I was also starting to have my blood pressure creep up and it was possibly as a result of all of this.

It is true that once your viral load is controlled virus levels decrease in the digestive tract which is what most likely caused your problem in the first place.  You need to increase your calorie intake long term and I will assume since you were a gym regular you know how to do this with protein supplement shakes, etc. and eating more frequent meals spaced out instead of the normal three per day.  Don't do any cardio at the gym, just resistance training, but I'd try to just gain 20 lbs first before even going back to the gym, assuming you still can't get a doctor to go the steroid route.

So yeah, I'm on the fence about steroid use because it's obviously not ideal to get a high blood pressure diagnosis at the age of 40, which is what I got.  If you do go the steroid route I would personally limit the use.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:17:20 am »
Further to what Philly wrote, here's something else for you to consider. For a start, you're only 21 and you youngin's tend to bounce back awfully quickly. You've only been on meds for less than a month, give your body time to respond before you start pressuring your doctors for meds they don't seem to think you need.

You need to eat right. You mentioned in your first post here that you also have ulcerative colitis and I'm sure there's dietary restrictions you should be following. It's quite possible that the wasting was more related to the UC than the hiv.

Good luck - you're going to be ok.

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 12:40:39 pm »
I'm surprised doctors don't even mention the importance of multivitamins and proper nutrition to their HIV patients.

My clinic had me see a nutritionist before I even got to the doctor for my first visit and the doctor and nutritionist both suggested a multivitamin along with my meds.  Maybe your doctor didn't mention it but mine sure did.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 01:15:37 pm »
I'll add on here that I actually had two major weight loss episodes, the first being at the very end of 1999 and slightly less weight loss than the episode in 2002, but actually the first instance was when I went on testosterone injections.  In conjunction with this I was sent off to several visits with a nutritionist that dealt with HIV patients.

At the very least the OP's doctor should be doing this.

Offline IAmHappy

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 03:51:29 pm »
I'm not getting any help regarding my wasting and I'm afraid I might end up being hospitalized if I get sick before I gain it all back...that's my major concern.

I'm a big believer in the power of steroids in helping HIV patients, mainly because steroids aren't a BAD thing (when used correctly under the supervision of a doctor and not abused). It's just that there exists an apparent social stigma to the subject of steroids even in the medical community. Some doctors don't want to go through all the hassle of prescribing steroids to a patient, so they tend to ignore it. The doctors I went to so far have told me that I have to wait till my meds kick in, and that I would gain the weight back naturally. It's hard for me to believe, though, that an AIDS patient can gain 20-40 lbs of lean mass NATURALLY in a year's time...anything can happen in one year! While I always try to stay positive and am almost sure I'll be perfectly healthy in one year's time, I can't help but wonder why I should be taking the risk of falling to a weight of 120 lbs or even less when it can easily be avoided.

About multivitamins, what good are they if they're poorly absorbed in piill form? I mean we all know vitamins from actual food are absorbed much better by the body, but it's nearly impossible to satisfy all nutrient needs of an HIV patient's body just by eating right. What's your input on this guys? Moreover, would taking a multivitamin with really high percentages of nutrients (6 to 10 times the RDA value) wise? If no, what does your multivitamin/nutrient regime look like?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 04:05:49 pm »
OK, now you're just making up a lot of "what ifs" to indulge your propensity for anxiety highs.  Can we first discuss, in the absence of what seems a willingness to go see a nutritionist first, what exactly you eat on a daily basis, amount of calories, etc.?  Is there an appetite problem that has been doing on previous to your actual HIV diagnosis?  What have you done this past week to get your calorie intake up higher?

Also, why are you intentionally ignoring Ann's suggestion that the ulcerative colitis co-factor with your HIV is at play here?  What exactly is being done about that?

Offline IAmHappy

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 04:34:31 pm »
I'm getting treatment for my UC...I'm almost in remission now and it's actually a mild case of UC. You shouldn't be losing that amount of weight if only 10 cm of your intestines is affected with mild inflammation. My caloric intake has always been in the 3000-4000 range, but still I kept losing weight. My appetite was gone almost 3 months ago, but I still kept eating well so I don't lose the weight. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not making anything up.

I don't want to gain just any kind of weight. Can AIDS patients gain that amount of lean muscle mass in a year or even a bit longer? I dont think so. I want to promote lean mass gain, and in my current condition that can only be achieved following a strict resistance training program and diet with the help of anabolic steroids. Not only will it be healthier and better but it will do wonders to my confidence going back to what I originally looked like. Why shouldn't it be a part of my treatment?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 06:16:22 am »
I don't want to gain just any kind of weight. Can AIDS patients gain that amount of lean muscle mass in a year or even a bit longer? I dont think so. I want to promote lean mass gain, and in my current condition that can only be achieved following a strict resistance training program and diet with the help of anabolic steroids. Not only will it be healthier and better but it will do wonders to my confidence going back to what I originally looked like. Why shouldn't it be a part of my treatment?

You're very young, you're very recently diagnosed, yet you seem to think you know everything after reading one book. I'm not sure why you're bothering to ask questions here, unless it's because you were hoping that a bunch of steroid-heads would pile in and validate your unreasonable demands for steroids.

I totally agree with your doctors. You need to slow down and give the hiv meds a chance to work. You'll regain your weight naturally.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline IAmHappy

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 07:16:34 am »
It's not just one book. I already know a whole lot about steroids and nutrition as I study this crap.

Unreasonable demands? Steroid use for HIV wasting is unreasonable? and like I said I can probably gain half of that weight in water and fat in 3 months...something I don't want.

There seems to be huge unjustifiable repugnance whenever the subject of steroids is mentioned. I guess the media plays an important role in that. One thing I can promise you, steroids aren't BAD just like HIV isn't a death sentence.

I wasn't looking for approval here. I was looking for advice from people who were in a similar situation. I value your opinion and experince though, but I know you're against steroid use even in wasting cases. What I'd like to know is why? To me, it seems questionable to refuse people treatment just because a bunch of morons abused steroids to win sporting events decades ago.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 09:47:59 am »
If you're so knowledgable about the subject matter then obviously our job is done. If your doctors, and you've already cycled through what -- two or three of them -- aren't doing as you wish, either none of them think you've lost the weight you are stating (as there's probably no actual record of what you weighed pre-diagnosis to set an actual baseline weight) or German doctors don't see a "Built to Survive" fixation with using deca durabolin injections.  In that case, your only route is to scour smelly locker rooms at your gym and locate a black market supply like every other juicehead on the globe does.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 10:18:48 am »
It's not just one book. I already know a whole lot about steroids and nutrition as I study this crap.

Unreasonable demands? Steroid use for HIV wasting is unreasonable? and like I said I can probably gain half of that weight in water and fat in 3 months...something I don't want.

There seems to be huge unjustifiable repugnance whenever the subject of steroids is mentioned. I guess the media plays an important role in that. One thing I can promise you, steroids aren't BAD just like HIV isn't a death sentence.

I wasn't looking for approval here. I was looking for advice from people who were in a similar situation. I value your opinion and experince though, but I know you're against steroid use even in wasting cases. What I'd like to know is why? To me, it seems questionable to refuse people treatment just because a bunch of morons abused steroids to win sporting events decades ago.

You want advice?  Here's some advice.  I lost a lot of weight because of wasting.  After 8 months I thought maybe testosterone would be the key to helping me push my weight in the right direction (after having gained back a good deal of my weight but yes, all as fat) so I got my testosterone checked.  My testosterone is fine.  If you're curious about the level of your testosterone check your free testosterone and if it's low your doctor will most likely write you a short script for some of it.  Jumping the gun to go straight to the Testosterone and having only a negative opinion of the alternative is what's making them say that you are predisposed to which answer you want to hear.

Offline IAmHappy

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 12:04:19 pm »
If you're so knowledgable about the subject matter then obviously our job is done. If your doctors, and you've already cycled through what -- two or three of them -- aren't doing as you wish, either none of them think you've lost the weight you are stating (as there's probably no actual record of what you weighed pre-diagnosis to set an actual baseline weight) or German doctors don't see a "Built to Survive" fixation with using deca durabolin injections.  In that case, your only route is to scour smelly locker rooms at your gym and locate a black market supply like every other juicehead on the globe does.

There's no need to get testy (no pun intended lol). It's just kind of ironic how you choose to judge people based on their steroid use and call them names like "juicehead". Some steroid users are one of the most knowledgeable people on nutrition and steroid use, and steroids CAN be used wisely. Sure, it's vain to use drugs to enhance one's appearance and strength but who are we to judge? I don't see where this hate towards steroid and steroid users is coming from. I have never used steroids before, but they're really not a big deal once you begin to understand how they work. Your body always bounces back if you know what you're doing. Having said that and putting health issues aside, I really don't want to look ill anymore. I don't want to be asked by people why I look so thin 5 times a day. You know some doctors are so focused on keeping you alive that they forget you have to actually LIVE to be alive.

You want advice?  Here's some advice.  I lost a lot of weight because of wasting.  After 8 months I thought maybe testosterone would be the key to helping me push my weight in the right direction (after having gained back a good deal of my weight but yes, all as fat) so I got my testosterone checked.  My testosterone is fine.  If you're curious about the level of your testosterone check your free testosterone and if it's low your doctor will most likely write you a short script for some of it.  Jumping the gun to go straight to the Testosterone and having only a negative opinion of the alternative is what's making them say that you are predisposed to which answer you want to hear.

I guess you're right, but like you mentioned most of the weight you gained back was fat. I'm not talking about testosterone injections to bring levels back to normal. I want to use the anabolic effect of testosterone and deca to gain back what I lost. Testosterone production can be brought back to normal after you're done with your cycle if you know what you're doing. Why say no to anabolic steroids and a better quality of life (both mentally and physically), if you can avoid all the risks associated with steroids under the supervision of a doctor? That is my question. Can somebody please answer that?

I keep an open mind and listen to what other people have to say, but all I've heard so far is, to put it simply, baseless. Doctors are just as susceptible to social stigmas as anyone else. Moreover, all of the trials and studies so far have showed that steroid use, specifically testosterone and deca, can do wonders to HIV patients. This is the main reason why I refuse to listen to what my doctors have to say. The alternative they're offering is lacking, and there's no reason to refuse HIV wasting patients steroid treatment.

It just bothers me that there are people out there who aren't getting the treatment they deserve because of some doctor's unfounded fears.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 12:24:10 pm »
There's no need to get testy (no pun intended lol). It's just kind of ironic how you choose to judge people based on their steroid use and call them names like "juicehead". Some steroid users are one of the most knowledgeable people on nutrition and steroid use, and steroids CAN be used wisely. Sure, it's vain to use drugs to enhance one's appearance and strength but who are we to judge? I don't see where this hate towards steroid and steroid users is coming from. I have never used steroids before, but they're really not a big deal once you begin to understand how they work. Your body always bounces back if you know what you're doing. Having said that and putting health issues aside, I really don't want to look ill anymore. I don't want to be asked by people why I look so thin 5 times a day. You know some doctors are so focused on keeping you alive that they forget you have to actually LIVE to be alive.

Do you have a reading disability?  I clearly stated in previous posts in your thread that I received therapeutic testosterone cypionate/deca durabolin injections over a period of five fucking years.  

I was clinically diagnosed as having HIV wasting due to long-term unsuppressed viral load, on the order of 11 years when my initial wasting first occurred. Overall I endured 18 years of unsuppressed viral load, 13 of which were during years on HIV meds.  My hate is not for when this is medically needed, it's for those that try to obtain something for juicing efforts.  If you've cycled through more than one doctor and they're not doling something out to you, you have to wonder if what's being recounted on an internet forum is accurate.  Sorry if this disturbs you.

Any of us that have been on this forum for a period of years has seen numerous individuals trot on here trying to get steroid injections prescribed unsuccessfully because it's been judged by more than one doctor not to be medically necessary in their case.

Offline IAmHappy

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 06:04:59 am »
This is exactly what I mean. Doctors who feel strongly about steroid use. Your personal opinion on certain social aspects of a patient's life should have nothing to do with your judgement.  A doctor's decision to refuse an HIV wasting patient treatment is nothing short of biased.

If you've cycled through more than one doctor and they're not doling something out to you, you have to wonder if what's being recounted on an internet forum is accurate

Argumentum ad populum++++ and argumentum ad verecundiam++++. Just because a bunch of people believe something to be true, doesn't make it true. And doctors aren't exempt from criticism just because they're an authority on the matter, especially when they fail to provide solid evidence as to why they refuse you treatment. Also, "medically necessary" is just a matter of opinion..there's nothing written in stone here. Who's to say gaining a solid amount of lean muscle mass when you're wasting ISN'T medically necessary?

Doctors used to prescribe dianabol for women as a tonic in the 60s. Do you have many idea how many medical fuckups we've had in the last few decades? We always have to be skeptic of what is generally accepted in order to improve it. And yes, when doctors choose to ignore recent studies on the subject and choose to follow their personal opinion on the matter, I can't help but be skeptic.

I was clinically diagnosed as having HIV wasting due to long-term unsuppressed viral load

That is not the only form of HIV wasting. Any unexplained loss of more than 10% of an HIV patient's body weight is considered wasting. Just because your case was more 'intense' doesn't make you any more deserving of treatment than any other HIV patient.

Any of us that have been on this forum for a period of years has seen numerous individuals trot on here trying to get steroid injections prescribed unsuccessfully because it's been judged by more than one doctor not to be medically necessary in their case.

Again, this leads me to believe you're more than biased on this matter.

Do you have a reading disability?

I don't know why you're so bitter, but you're poking more holes in your already flimsy argument when you argue like a child.

Obviously, this thread is no longer me asking for advice. It has turned into an argument of why HIV wasting patients should be getting anabolic steroid treatment. Now, if you're willing to provide solid proof as to why you're against steroid treatment in HIV wasting (other than "because doctors said so"), I'll be more than happy to argue with you.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 09:51:40 am »

I don't know why you're so bitter, but you're poking more holes in your already flimsy argument when you argue like a child.

pot kettle black

enjoy finding your steroids at the gym dear

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 10:21:31 am »
Who's to say gaining a solid amount of lean muscle mass when you're wasting ISN'T medically necessary?

The handful of doctors who have already said no to you are the one's to say that.  Honestly, Miss P wasn't lying when he said every month or two someone comes on here and says the same thing.  I was interested in perhaps getting a small cycle of Testosterone to go about fixing some wasting issues I had and the free testosterone test told me it wasn't necessary.  I let it rest at that.  You're not wasting anymore by the way bucko.  You even copped to gaining the weight naturally.  The testosterone is simply there to help you gain mass should you be unable to gain it on your own.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 12:48:58 pm »
IAm,

You would be much better off with some good old Protein powder (Muscle Milk) 3x a day along with regular weight training than to get involved with test/steroids. Of course, if your doctor tests your T levels and you show low, then yes i would say Testost. might be needed. Otherwise I have to agree with the others here, sounds like you are wanting testost. for the wrong reasons.

Good luck

_will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Hoover

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 05:18:05 pm »
My partner and I did creams, pills then in injections for years fighting our low testosterone levels.
The shots would last about 3 weeks and were not pleasant!
Also it was like living on a roller-coaster with ups and downs galore.
Two months ago we got testosterone implants. They put 14 implants, each the size of rice, into our sides with an easy procedure that didn't even require a stitch. Within days we felt great!
For the first time since I converted, my energy level is finally back to where it was and we both feel healthy.
I am not saying this is right for anyone else, but both of us love how we now feel.

Hoover
Infection date: March 16, 2010
20/05/10 - CD4 348  VL 58,000  Lymph nodes in jaw painful!  Antioxidants started.
01/06/10 - CD4 428  VL?
24/06/10 - CD4 578  VL 9,800
13/07/10 - CD4 620  VL?
04/09/10 - CD4 648  VL?
01/11/10 - CD4 710  VL?   CD8 972
16/12/10    CD4 738  VL?  CD8  896   
02/02/11    CD4 520 (month of parasites and new lab)
14/03/11 started Truvida and Sustiva (Efavirenz)
04/07/11 CD4 686 VL 75 CD8 588  41%
10/10/11 CD4 757  45%  VL UD

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 05:53:11 pm »

If you have only had HIV infection a short time, its not clear a doctor is going to diagnose you with "hiv wasting".  You can have been diagnosed with "full blown aids" and its relatively meaningless as a diagnosis if you have had HIV a short time.  You are young and the first priority really is getting your immune system up - not your gym body. If you don't believe this - I suggest you doctor shop around your town and get a few opinions. If all the doctors say you don't need steroids - guess what? - that means medical science doesn't perceive that you need steroids.  Have you even had it checked???   

I dropped many many kilos in the few months I had actif HIV infection. So then I went on HAART.  And then I doctor shopped for testosterone and was roundly denied. 

Once you have a rebuilt immune system, if you can't get the roids from doctors, you'll have to buy them online like every other gym guy who can't get them medically.  Whats the big deal?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 05:59:07 pm »
My partner and I did creams, pills then in injections for years fighting our low testosterone levels.

If you just seroconverted in May then, I assume, this has nothing to do with HIV correct?

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 08:36:07 pm »
   Having been through wasting a couple of times, I understand the physical stress as well as the emotional trauma.

I read "Built to Survive" and donated it.   Instead rest, good nutrition, weight bearing exercise, counseling and a great deal of patience helped me on my road to recovery.

Offline Hoover

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 10:37:06 pm »
Mecch,

Thanks for the note.
I never said or implied that I suffer from wasting, I said I suffered from low testosterone and low energy levels.
I thought I could add my knowledge of testosterone replacement to the thread.
Other than low testosterone we have great health. The testosterone implants are not steroids, they are only to bring up our testosterone levels to what our doctor feels is appropriate for our ages.

Cheers and health to you my friend,
Hoover
Infection date: March 16, 2010
20/05/10 - CD4 348  VL 58,000  Lymph nodes in jaw painful!  Antioxidants started.
01/06/10 - CD4 428  VL?
24/06/10 - CD4 578  VL 9,800
13/07/10 - CD4 620  VL?
04/09/10 - CD4 648  VL?
01/11/10 - CD4 710  VL?   CD8 972
16/12/10    CD4 738  VL?  CD8  896   
02/02/11    CD4 520 (month of parasites and new lab)
14/03/11 started Truvida and Sustiva (Efavirenz)
04/07/11 CD4 686 VL 75 CD8 588  41%
10/10/11 CD4 757  45%  VL UD

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 02:57:50 pm »
Hi Hoover.
I thought my post was for the OP, not you.  :o
Best.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2010, 11:43:56 am »
Mecch,

Thanks for the note.
I never said or implied that I suffer from wasting, I said I suffered from low testosterone and low energy levels.
I thought I could add my knowledge of testosterone replacement to the thread.
Other than low testosterone we have great health. The testosterone implants are not steroids, they are only to bring up our testosterone levels to what our doctor feels is appropriate for our ages.

Cheers and health to you my friend,
Hoover

don't you mean "other than low testosterone and HIV ?"   just sayin

Offline antibody

• "every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 12:41:56 pm »
I lost about 15 pounds that I've never been able to regain. I use 2 tubes of Testim. It has helped with low testosterone but fatigue and the weight loss and borderline anemia  are the same. I can't seem to take in enough calories to gain any weight.
Timbuk      <50/ 794  CD4 10/06 
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06
Switched to boosted Reyataz Truvada 3/28/07

*Ask me about Medical Marijuana and how it can help you!*

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.