Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:31:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 230
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: swallowing a load of semen  (Read 52384 times)

Offline friskyguy

swallowing a load of semen
« on: August 12, 2012, 11:38:39 am »
i know plain oral sex is considered 'safe sex' and therefore passing HIV infection to a HIV neg lover is extremely low and even more so if ur UD.

How about if your HIV negative lover, not only enjoys plain oral sex, but also enjoys taking ur load and ingesting it too......and you are UD with no other health issues......would this act be still considered to be 'safe sex' and once again extremely unlikely to infect ur lover just like plain oral sex?
Sero converted Sept '10 / Confirmed + Dec '10
Jan '11, VL 9,500 / CD4 482 (32%)
Feb '11, VL 5,800 / CD4 680 (37%)
start Atripla
Mch '11, VL UD / CD4 700 (42%)
Jun  '11, VL UD / CD4 750 (43%)
swap to Kivexa and Efav. due to osteopenia diag. (DEXA) / kidney issues ( decline in eGFR to 77 )
start supplements - Vit D3 / Omega 3 / multivitamin / mini aspirin
Dec '11,  VL UD <20 /  CD4 670 (49%)  / CD4:CD8 = 1.4
all labs now within normal ranges
Mch '12,  VL UD / CD4 600 (51%)
Sep '12,  VL UD / CD4 810 (51%)
Mch '13   VL UD / CD4 965 (56%)
Sep '13   VL UD / CD4 (not taken)
Dec '13   VL UD / CD4 901 (35%) / CD4:CD8 = 1.1  /  eGFR > 100

Offline ad2san

Re: swallowing a load of semen
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:20:13 pm »
Hi there, it is not safe sex but it is no problem
Feb   2009 CD4 358 VL 2000 16%
May  2009 CD4 305 VL 3069  14% <---- Started TVD+ATZ/r
Jul  2009 CD4 512 VL <50   18%
Jul 2010 CD4 418 VL <50 24%                     
Switched to Kivexa (Epzicom) + Norvir + Reyataz (due to sleep problem)
Aug 2010 CD4 606 VL <50 25%
Jul 2011 CD4 494 UD 23%
Switched to Kivexa (Epzicom) + Viramune XR (due to kidney problems)
January 2012 CD4 564 UD 31%
January 2013 CD4 594 UD 26%
Switched to Kivexa (Epzicom) + Isentress due to BIG increase GammaGT
Feb 2013 CD4 699 UD 28%
Aug 2014 CD4 639 UD 25%
Switched January 2015 to Triumeq
May 2015 CD4 807 UD 31%
Switched Nov 2016 to Genvoya due to gastric problems
November 2016 CD4 847 UD 32%

Offline Rockin

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 08:27:59 pm »
i know plain oral sex is considered 'safe sex' and therefore passing HIV infection to a HIV neg lover is extremely low and even more so if ur UD.

How about if your HIV negative lover, not only enjoys plain oral sex, but also enjoys taking ur load and ingesting it too......and you are UD with no other health issues......would this act be still considered to be 'safe sex' and once again extremely unlikely to infect ur lover just like plain oral sex?

Unlikely, but not impossible. If you are looking for a definitive answer on this subject you are not gonna get it. Doctors disagree on this all that time, and even people here disagree as well, there is no consensus. 

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 11:56:59 pm »
Unlikely, but not impossible. If you are looking for a definitive answer on this subject you are not gonna get it. Doctors disagree on this all that time, and even people here disagree as well, there is no consensus. 

Science is building a consensus. Mainly because it has yet to find a documented case of oral transmission in three disparate serodiscordant couples' studies.

Plus, the OP's viral load has been undetectable for a while now. Seriously, he could probably top a guy bareback and not transmit - let alone oral.

I personally think we have let this discussion be run on emotion and judgment long enough.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 12:43:52 am »
Would you mind giving me the name and number of your lover?   haha....j/k
11/02/2010  cd4-251, vl-591000
12/09/2010  started Atripla
02/18/2011  cd4-425, vl-800
06/10/2011  cd4-447, vl-70
10/10/2011  cd4-666, vl-80
01/05/2012  swiched med (prezista,norvir ,isentress, )
02/10/2012  cd4-733, vl-UD  Viread removed
06/10/2012  cd4-614, vl-UD
12/14/2012  cd4-764, vl-UD
09/01/2013  cd4-785, vl-UD
03/06/2014. cd4- 1078, VL-UD
09/05/2014  cd4-850 , VL-UD
09/05/2014 switched meds isentress, prezcobix -still only two antivirals
10/14/2015  cd4-600 , VL-UD

Offline Rockin

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 10:43:55 am »
Science is building a consensus. Mainly because it has yet to find a documented case of oral transmission in three disparate serodiscordant couples' studies.

Plus, the OP's viral load has been undetectable for a while now. Seriously, he could probably top a guy bareback and not transmit - let alone oral.

I personally think we have let this discussion be run on emotion and judgment long enough.

Emotion and judgement? Not at all, I'm trying to base myself on actual evidence.

Truth is, if today you go to a doctor and ask "What is the chance of being infected by an UND person through oral sex?" I can assure you he won't say "Zero". They will never say zero. They might say "3, 4%". But never zero.

And why is that? That is the main question right there. Some people here on the forum already said that, even though your blood may show undetectable levels, that there may still be some traces on the virus in your semen. Is that true? I don't think those people who claim that ever showed some research that can back that statement but thats the information that goes around here.

If the negative person performing the oral sex is even a little bit paranoid he/she'll probably not gonna be willing to take his/her chances.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 11:19:27 am »
I asked my doctor if there was any chance I would spontaneously combust.  He said there was little probability of it happening, but he wouldn't give a 100% guarantee that it wouldn't. :o  But with all his learned knowledge, he's confident it'll never happen.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 12:57:06 pm »
Emotion and judgement? Not at all, I'm trying to base myself on actual evidence.

Truth is, if today you go to a doctor and ask "What is the chance of being infected by an UND person through oral sex?" I can assure you he won't say "Zero". They will never say zero. They might say "3, 4%". But never zero.

And why is that? That is the main question right there. Some people here on the forum already said that, even though your blood may show undetectable levels, that there may still be some traces on the virus in your semen. Is that true? I don't think those people who claim that ever showed some research that can back that statement but thats the information that goes around here.

If the negative person performing the oral sex is even a little bit paranoid he/she'll probably not gonna be willing to take his/her chances.

Yes, but "truth be told," a doctor is unlikely to give a 100% certainty that KISSING isn't a risk.

We (the collective "we") have stepped around this issue so long it's become tiresome.

HIV is not magical. It does not have special properties that make it impervious to saliva. It is FAR more fragile than gonorrhea or chlamydia.

Oral transmission has yet to be quantified in the wild, and the plural of anecdote is still not data.

To the OP- I say go for it.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Rockin

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 03:52:11 pm »
Yes, but "truth be told," a doctor is unlikely to give a 100% certainty that KISSING isn't a risk.

We (the collective "we") have stepped around this issue so long it's become tiresome.

HIV is not magical. It does not have special properties that make it impervious to saliva. It is FAR more fragile than gonorrhea or chlamydia.

Oral transmission has yet to be quantified in the wild, and the plural of anecdote is still not data.

To the OP- I say go for it.

I actually agree with you, I'm just trying to rationalize this from a negative person's perspective.

Back to your former negative self...would you have swallowed the semen of an HIV+, even if he told you he was UND and showed you any medical article about it? Maybe some people would, but a small percentage I think. It still scares the hell out of most.

And then you, the HIV+ person, tells your HIV- partner "Oh there's no risk, I'm UND". And then the HIV- goes to his doctor and the doctor says "Well we can't say there's no risk". And then he might accuse the HIV+ of lying about it.

I agree this endless subject gets tiresome but let's not forget all the irrational fears about it.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 04:06:00 pm »
I actually agree with you, I'm just trying to rationalize this from a negative person's perspective.

Back to your former negative self...would you have swallowed the semen of an HIV+, even if he told you he was UND and showed you any medical article about it? Maybe some people would, but a small percentage I think. It still scares the hell out of most.

And then you, the HIV+ person, tells your HIV- partner "Oh there's no risk, I'm UND". And then the HIV- goes to his doctor and the doctor says "Well we can't say there's no risk". And then he might accuse the HIV+ of lying about it.

I agree this endless subject gets tiresome but let's not forget all the irrational fears about it.

So, first you say you are answering based on evidence -- now you are saying that you are trying to "rationalize it from a negative person's perspective".  Which is it?  I think you don't even know -- you are trying to justify your stance.  Say what it is -- this is your feeling on the matter and be done with it.  They don't need you to answer based off of someone else's (current or former) irrational fear.

The OP wasn't asking for your former self's opinion. He was simply asking for thoughts on risk.  The bottomline is that it is always up to the 2 persons involved in a sexual relationship to gauge what they are willing to do. 

Mike

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 06:17:59 pm »
The only way to conquer those irrational fears is with scientific evidence.

Welcome Thread

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 06:24:19 pm »
The only way to conquer those irrational fears is with scientific evidence.

Conducted via empirical research no doubt.
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline zach

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 06:26:06 pm »
nothing to add, just that i swallowed for the first time this weekend!

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 06:56:45 pm »
My , My such a touchy subject, I wonder why that is  ::)

discuss? anyone?

Hugs

DEN  :)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 07:34:31 pm »
My , My such a touchy subject, I wonder why that is  ::)

discuss? anyone?

Hugs

I think it's because some newly infected, just can't admit how they got teh AIDS.  If they acknowledge that you don't become poz from oral, it means they got it like most of the rest of us did.  It has nothing to do with knowledge and everything to do with denial.

Joe

Offline 0608

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 01:34:32 am »
What IS the deal with oral sex?  I was under the impression that it's considered safe, and a couple of months ago when I found out I was + and reading all things HIV-related, I read this part of an interview Andrew Sullivan did with Larry Kramer, and it threw me for a total loop!:

http://www.poz.com/articles/239_1708.shtml

LK: How do you think you got infected? From some of the questions in your interview of me, I thought you had some idea.

AS: I don't know whether that's something I want to get into.

LK: You don't think your example can be useful to others?

AS: It certainly was not through unprotected anal sex. That's for sure.

LK: I didn't realize until I reread your interview of me that you'd asked me an enormous number of questions about oral sex.

AS: I almost certainly contracted it through oral sex.

LK: You're the second friend of mine whom I've heard this from recently.

AS: And not even to ejaculation. I mean, just through pre-cum, which is why it was so stunning for me to find out. And I'm not the only person I know who says this. Of course, people look at you and they think, poor love, she's completely in denial. But honestly, I'm the sort of person that if there were an incident I could point to and blame myself for, I would. I would beat myself up about it. The truth is that I -- over a period of five years of basically having that rule, that I would have no unprotected anal intercourse and no oral sex to ejaculation -- thought I was safe. I was clearly wrong. And some of the studies do suggest that it's possible for this to take place. It's clearly much less likely than other modes of transmission.

???

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 01:45:30 am »
The plural of anecdote is still not data.

Welcome Thread

Offline 0608

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 01:59:58 am »
Course not.  However, neither is it data that shows it can't happen, either.  Just because something has not occurred in 3 (is that really all that many?) studies doesn't mean that it can NEVER happen in the future.  Therefore, the OP should make his decision based on all the information out there, including yes, people's anecdotes.

That being said, I agree that all signs point to the chances being extremely low, and also that many people claim wrongly to be have become positive through oral because they're too embarrassed or ashamed to reveal their other higher-risk behaviors.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 02:39:09 am »
Course not.  However, neither is it data that shows it can't happen, either.  Just because something has not occurred in 3 (is that really all that many?) studies doesn't mean that it can NEVER happen in the future.  Therefore, the OP should make his decision based on all the information out there, including yes, people's anecdotes.

That being said, I agree that all signs point to the chances being extremely low, and also that many people claim wrongly to be have become positive through oral because they're too embarrassed or ashamed to reveal their other higher-risk behaviors.

Same argument for kissing, isn't it?

Welcome Thread

Offline geobee

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 02:40:54 am »
I got an earful from this site when I said I got it through oral --but I did. 

I bottomed, protected, about a year before my infection (which I know the date of b/c of ARS, got diagnosed in the window period, etc.) and only did oral after that.  So I know my infection came from giving a guy a blow job since I know when I was infected (3 years ago) and all I did was oral before that for a year.  But I did a lot -- I mean a lot -- of it.  Never swallowed, tho.

I enrolled at the Options study at San Francisco General, which is run by UCSF, which is studying people diagnosed in the window period and then put on meds right away.  They told me that they think about 8% of the people in their program are infected through oral sex.  They also said the rate was higher in their program than in the general population -- which they estimated at 2%, but I don't know why. 

I figured if I could wait a couple of years to go on meds but my VL was high and I thought, well, I can take meds the rest of my life or the rest of my life minus 2 years.  I figured it didn't make sense to wait until my immune system got whacked.  So I went on meds during the window period and my T-Cells have never gotten below 790, and got UD fast (about 12 weeks).  I know how lucky I am.

Look, if I took a load up my ass, I'd say so.  No shame in it.  I'm not in denial -- I just didn't do that.  I've always been a top, but I bottomed a few times in the past-- always protected.  [It was OK, but just not my thing.  Glad there are a lot of cute bottoms out there :) ]

I was very surprised when I came back poz.  Got a weird rash on my face during ARS.  Most people get it on their torso.  Had it for about a week -- that was fun.  When I went in to see the doc at Kaiser (my GP) about it he gave me the antibody test which came back negative.  I told him I had an oral sex encounter and he said not to worry about it and sent me home.  The next day I went to LabCorp and got a VL test just to make sure -- that came back "indeterminate".  Went back to Kaiser and they gave me a VL test and confirmed I was poz.

My ID doc at Kaiser confirmed that people can get it through oral -- was pretty pissed that my GP missed it.  Especially after I went in there with all the symptoms of ARS -- the rash, the weakness, etc.  But because I told him I only had oral sex he sent me home.  Good thing I got the private VL test from LabCorp, even tho it did cost me $300.

I'm just guessing the guy I gave the BJ to must have had a high viral load / was newly infected.  Also kinda sucked (no pun intended) that he had a resistant strain, that was passed on to me (can't take Atripla).  Oh yeah, and it kinda sucked that when I told my partner of 20 years what had happened he bolted.  What can I say -- I was sort of compulsively (OK, take the compulsively part out) having oral sex and it caught up with me.  Turns out I never got over some, uh, "stuff" that happened to me when I was younger and this gave me a compulsive sex disorder.  Woohoo!  It took getting HIV to get me a good shrink and unpack all of that.  [It's late here in Berkeley -- I'm straying off topic!]

Anyway, that's what happened.  Like I said at the top, I touched a nerve the last time I mentioned how I got infected -- but I don't really care about that.  I know the truth of my story and perhaps someone reading this will benefit from that. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:01:18 am by geobee »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 03:07:12 am »
I can pretty much promise the guy who gave you HIV was not UD - which was the OPs question in the beginning.

Welcome Thread

Offline 0608

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 03:15:36 am »
Same argument for kissing, isn't it?

No, because kissing doesn't involve semen.

Thanks for sharing your story, Geobee.  It's definitely something to think about, anecdote or not.

Offline Rockin

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 08:41:12 am »
So, first you say you are answering based on evidence -- now you are saying that you are trying to "rationalize it from a negative person's perspective".  Which is it?  I think you don't even know -- you are trying to justify your stance.  Say what it is -- this is your feeling on the matter and be done with it.  They don't need you to answer based off of someone else's (current or former) irrational fear.

The OP wasn't asking for your former self's opinion. He was simply asking for thoughts on risk.  The bottomline is that it is always up to the 2 persons involved in a sexual relationship to gauge what they are willing to do. 

Mike

Im not Mike...trust me, I would love to actually be involved with a guy (lets say HIV- in this case) who is not paranoid over this stuff. But the bottom line is, unless the HIV- is very much knowledgeable on HIV, chances are he or she will probably be scared of doing anything considered risky. I'm just being realistic. I know we got off subject a little but thats what happens in controversial posts like this.

All I'm saying is that, if your negative partner asks you straight up what are the chances of that happening, how do you respond? And sure, it takes 2 people's decision for something to happen, but we are the poz ones and I do think, and I will speak for myself here, that's it's my responsibility to be as accurate as possible about this virus I have because I will probably know a lot more about it than him. And if he feels that I'm sugarcoating something and decides to do a google search on the subject or talk to a doctor friend, well, he will find a bunch of different opinions.

"You said there were no chances of something happening...but some people say there are. Are you lying to me?"

I know it might be a bit dramatic but I do think these types of conversations do happen win some sero-discordant couples.

So, again, my answer to the OP is: I don't know if it's risky and there is no consensus.

Offline friskyguy

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 09:49:32 am »
thanks everyone for their respective views.

I recall reading a research article earlier this year that being HIV + and on meds and being "UD in the plasma" does not necesarily mean you are "UD in semen".

In that study I recall about 25% of the cohort were in fact like this but their viral load in their semen was really low....BUT I recall that the researcher further qualified that it had not looked into whether this group were more likely to infect.

I am sure there must have been a thread to discuss this issue when it was initially published so probably not best to discuss this issue here any further.

However this brought me to think, that if I was able to test "my load" to see if there was any virus lurking around, and if it was determined that I was "UD in semen" than I would be more happy to share my load with everyone who enjoyed it...... ;)

Of course i would need to ensure that I did not have other STIs lurking around and obviously remain adherent to meds to ensure that my "UD in semen" status remained in fact "UD".

So my next question would be to ask the forum the following;
Has anyone in fact checked or thought about checking their load for HIV?

I don't think the regular HIV specialist or GP/MD would know where to begin?

thanks again for your feedback

start Atripla
swap to Kivexa and Efav. due to osteopenia diag. (DEXA) / kidney issues ( decline in eGFR to 77 )

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 10:21:08 am »
However this brought me to think, that if I was able to test "my load" to see if there was any virus lurking around, and if it was determined that I was "UD in semen" than I would be more happy to share my load with everyone who enjoyed it...... ;)

Of course i would need to ensure that I did not have other STIs lurking around and obviously remain adherent to meds to ensure that my "UD in semen" status remained in fact "UD".

So my next question would be to ask the forum the following;
Has anyone in fact checked or thought about checking their load for HIV?

I don't think the regular HIV specialist or GP/MD would know where to begin?

thanks again for your feedback

I cant think of anything better to get me in the mood than a home load lurking test conversation before sex .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 11:12:19 am »
I cant think of anything better to get me in the mood than a home load lurking test conversation before sex .

Just thinking about it is making me hot.   ::)
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Mishma

• HIV drugs are our Allies but hardly our Friends
    • Marquis de Vauban
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 02:07:54 pm »
If you don't want to swallow here is a link to a recipe cookbook that uses semen:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/fotie-photenhauer/natural-harvest-a-collection-of-semen-based-recipes/paperback/product-20052760.html

Here is a portion of their pitch:

Semen is not only nutritious, but it also has a wonderful texture and amazing cooking properties. Like fine wine and cheeses, the taste of semen is complex and dynamic. Semen is inexpensive to produce and is commonly available in many, if not most, homes and restaurants. Despite all of these positive qualities, semen remains neglected as a food.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:23:17 pm by Mishma »
2016 CD4 25% UD (less than 20). 30+ years positive. Dolutegravir, Acyclovir, Clonazepam, Lisinopril, Quetiapine, Sumatriptan/Naproxen, Restasis, Latanoprost, Asprin, Levothyroxine, Restasis, Triamcinolone.

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 02:32:37 pm »
If you don't want to swallow here is a link to a recipe cookbook that uses semen:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/fotie-photenhauer/natural-harvest-a-collection-of-semen-based-recipes/paperback/product-20052760.html

Why pay for it when you can get it for free  :o

Edited to add:  http://www.killmydaynow.com/2011/08/wtf-cookbook-a-collection-of-semen-based-recipes-6-pics.html/

Check out this sample:

SEMEN ORANGE JUICE

This is perhaps the easiest way to start your day right by getting your semen in the morning. Ejaculating into a glass just after my shower leaves enough time for the semen to melt before I fill the glass with orange juice. If you don't let it melt, the cool juice will keep the jism stuck to the glass.

Fresh Semen     1 ejaculation for each person drinking

Orange juice     1 cup

Allow the semen to melt, then add orange juice and enjoy right away.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:37:20 pm by Solo_LTSurvivor »
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 03:21:44 pm »
There must be something in a male's oral cavity that differs dramatically from a females.

Welcome Thread

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 04:11:34 pm »

SEMEN ORANGE JUICE

This is perhaps the easiest way to start your day right by getting your semen in the morning. Ejaculating into a glass just after my shower leaves enough time for the semen to melt before I fill the glass with orange juice. If you don't let it melt, the cool juice will keep the jism stuck to the glass.

Orange juice     1 cup

This puts a whole new twist on a Creamsicle.

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 07:27:50 pm »

SEMEN ORANGE JUICE

Orange juice     1 cup

Look I like to swallow a load or two just like the next guy, but this cooking with jizz is just a bit too much.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 07:29:43 pm »
I don't swallow loads of hot cum. NASTY!
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2012, 07:38:49 pm »
I don't swallow loads of hot cum. NASTY!

Oh puhleaze.  ::)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 07:53:53 pm »
Oh puhleaze.  ::)

It's like allowing someone to blow their nose down your gullet. NASTY!

Offline denb45

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 07:54:12 pm »
I think it's because some newly infected, just can't admit how they got teh AIDS.  If they acknowledge that you don't become poz from oral, it means they got it like most of the rest of us did.  It has nothing to do with knowledge and everything to do with denial.

Joe

AMEN  Big-sister Joe

Hope all is well w/ you & yours  ;)

Hugs

DEN
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline drewm

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2012, 08:39:50 pm »
My BF loves to swallow!  :-* :P
Diagnosed in  May of 2010 with teh AIDS.

PCP Pneumonia . CD4 8 . VL 500,000

TRIUMEQ - VALTREX -  FLUOXETINE - FENOFIBRATE - PRAVASTATIN - CIALIS

Numbers consistent since 12/2010 - VL has remained undetectable and CD4 is anywhere from 275-325

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2012, 11:40:38 pm »

How does a vacuum pump do that?

Offline friskyguy

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2012, 11:45:19 pm »
ha ha ha.....really love the wicked sense of humour in these threads......who says that americans don't have a sense of humour!!!? ha hah ah hah
start Atripla

Offline bocker3

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2012, 07:29:30 am »
Im not Mike...trust me, I would love to actually be involved with a guy (lets say HIV- in this case) who is not paranoid over this stuff. But the bottom line is, unless the HIV- is very much knowledgeable on HIV, chances are he or she will probably be scared of doing anything considered risky. I'm just being realistic. I know we got off subject a little but thats what happens in controversial posts like this.

All I'm saying is that, if your negative partner asks you straight up what are the chances of that happening, how do you respond? And sure, it takes 2 people's decision for something to happen, but we are the poz ones and I do think, and I will speak for myself here, that's it's my responsibility to be as accurate as possible about this virus I have because I will probably know a lot more about it than him. And if he feels that I'm sugarcoating something and decides to do a google search on the subject or talk to a doctor friend, well, he will find a bunch of different opinions.

"You said there were no chances of something happening...but some people say there are. Are you lying to me?"

I know it might be a bit dramatic but I do think these types of conversations do happen win some sero-discordant couples.

So, again, my answer to the OP is: I don't know if it's risky and there is no consensus.

I think you missed my point -- or I didn't state it well.

When someone asks a question, they are generally looking for either factual answers or YOUR opinions.  What you seem to be doing is trying to give him your theoretical take on a negative person's possible opinion / fear / whatever.  That's not all that helpful -- I mean he HAS an actual negative person as part of this equation to talk to you, he doesn't need you to "fill in any blanks" in that conversation.  I'm not attempting to be snarky here -- just trying to point out how your post is coming across.
BTW -- I am in a sero-discordant couple (22 years), so I have my own anecdotes on how he feels about this and other issues too -- which is why your post seems a bit condescending to me.

Mike

Offline bocker3

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 07:31:51 am »
Look I like to swallow a load or two just like the next guy, but this cooking with jizz is just a bit too much.

Just think of it as a little country gravy on your fried chicken.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2012, 07:59:45 am »

There must be something in a male's oral cavity that differs dramatically from a females.

Yep, because there's NEVER been a case of a woman claiming to have been infected through oral sex, whether she swallows or spits. (I'm a swallower myself, why waste all that good protein? Besides, spitting is so unlady-like!)

I mean, come on. Think about it. Statistically speaking, world-wide there are bound to be hundreds of thousands - if not millions - more women who give head than there are men, simply because gay men are in the minority. And yet there's NOT ONE CASE of a woman claiming to be infected from giving blowjobs. It's only men who make this claim. ::)

There have been three case reports and a few studies suggesting that some people have been infected with HIV as a result of unprotected oral sex. However, these case reports and studies all involved MSM – men who were the receptive partners (the person doing the "sucking") during unprotected oral sex with another HIV-positive man. There haven't been any case reports or studies documenting HIV infection among female receptive partners during unprotected oral sex. source

You'd think that if oral really was a common and/or viable transmission route, there'd be just as many - if not more - women claiming to have been infected this way, but there's not one. Rather odd if you ask me.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline denb45

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2012, 08:34:42 am »

Mine does too, and so do I , nothing wrong w/ being ashamed of a good thing  right :P

Hugs

Offline drewm

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2012, 11:05:49 am »
Yep, because there's NEVER been a case of a woman claiming to have been infected through oral sex, whether she swallows or spits. (I'm a swallower myself, why waste all that good protein? Besides, spitting is so unlady-like!)

I love Ann. Hopelessly gay but I still LOVE her!  :-*

Numbers consistent since 12/2010 - VL has remained undetectable and CD4 is anywhere from 275-325

Offline drewm

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 11:06:35 am »
Mine does too, and so do I , nothing wrong w/ being ashamed of a good thing  right :P

Hugs

♥ you too Den!  :-*

Offline Rockin

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2012, 11:37:34 am »
I think you missed my point -- or I didn't state it well.

When someone asks a question, they are generally looking for either factual answers or YOUR opinions.  What you seem to be doing is trying to give him your theoretical take on a negative person's possible opinion / fear / whatever.  That's not all that helpful -- I mean he HAS an actual negative person as part of this equation to talk to you, he doesn't need you to "fill in any blanks" in that conversation.  I'm not attempting to be snarky here -- just trying to point out how your post is coming across.
BTW -- I am in a sero-discordant couple (22 years), so I have my own anecdotes on how he feels about this and other issues too -- which is why your post seems a bit condescending to me.

Mike

Well I did answer his question and also gave my two cents on the subject. I said there is no consensus...is there? Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:39:24 am by Rockin »

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2012, 01:41:55 pm »

I mean, come on. Think about it. Statistically speaking, world-wide there are bound to be hundreds of thousands - if not millions - more women who give head than there are men, simply because gay men are in the minority. And yet there's NOT ONE CASE of a woman claiming to be infected from giving blowjobs. It's only men who make this claim. ::)

Point taken.

But could one logical reason for that be that there are more MSM than women who claim to practice penile-oral sex exclusive of other sexual practices, specifically unprotected penetrative sex ? 

Just thinking aloud.
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline wolfter

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 01:48:03 pm »
What was the original question?????  Oh yeah, I remember now.  I'm a swallower too. ;D

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 01:53:58 pm »

I'm a swallower too. ;D

Is that

a) because you don't like to waste protein

b) because spitting is unlady-like

c) all of the above
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline denb45

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 02:09:03 pm »

♥ you too Den!  :-*

YUP why drewm  you didn't think I was that much of prude  ;D

oh and BTW, where is that sexy white Cowboy Hat of yours  :-*

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 05:01:28 pm »

There have been three case reports and a few studies suggesting that some people have been infected with HIV as a result of unprotected oral sex. However, these case reports and studies all involved MSM – men who were the receptive partners (the person doing the "sucking") during unprotected oral sex with another HIV-positive man. There haven't been any case reports or studies documenting HIV infection among female receptive partners during unprotected oral sex. source

You'd think that if oral really was a common and/or viable transmission route, there'd be just as many - if not more - women claiming to have been infected this way, but there's not one. Rather odd if you ask me.

I would like to post this every single time I get raked over the coals for my assertions -

I am not here to judge anyone or call anyone a liar or in denial - but the facts here are simply beyond overwhelming.

Loos, if future serodiscordant studies show infections through receptive fellatio, and the mechanisms/conditions through which such transmissions can be studied, I will be the first to amend my assertions.

The whole PURPOSE of the serodiscordant studies was to show just that : Under precisely WHAT circumstances is transmission through oral sex possible, and how often does it occur. That three studies, over the course of eighteen years, have yielded ZERO instances of oral transmission to even STUDY, the answers here seem rather clear.

I was even semi-serious when I wrote to ask whether a female's mouth differs significantly from a male. Because That's the ONLY way this phenomenon makes any quantifiable, scientific sense. Otherwise it falls within the realm of psychology and sociology.

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.