Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:43:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 231
Total: 231

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New numbers! Video update coming soon.  (Read 32014 times)

Offline mpositive

Re: New numbers! Video update coming soon.
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2010, 08:27:29 am »
Stealing the thread!

So, I was walking in the park the other day (yea right, me walking in the park), and I happened to notice a raccoon eating what appeared to be a lobster tail.  As I could simply walk away, I decided to further investigate this matter.  So, I proceeded to sneak up on the raccoon (is that possible?) to get a better view.  Indeed, this raccoon was having a surf and turf meal with extra butter.  I had to wonder if his parents ever explained to him the potential damage he was doing to his heart and arteries with such afatty meal?   I guess not. 
Comments......?   :) M

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2010, 08:39:40 am »
Stealing the thread!

So, I was walking in the park the other day (yea right, me walking in the park), and I happened to notice a raccoon eating what appeared to be a lobster tail.  As I could simply walk away, I decided to further investigate this matter.  So, I proceeded to sneak up on the raccoon (is that possible?) to get a better view.  Indeed, this raccoon was having a surf and turf meal with extra butter.  I had to wonder if his parents ever explained to him the potential damage he was doing to his heart and arteries with such afatty meal?   I guess not. 
Comments......?   :) M

Someone must have picked up one of those special prescriptions yesterday. ;) 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2010, 10:26:15 am »
Etay, I removed the link to your video in your other thread and in this thread. As you have links on your page to denialist websites, do not post links to your You Tube page again. We do not allow members to link to denialist websites and it is a bannable offence. You are very close to being banned as it is.

Ann
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:49:40 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mpositive

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2010, 08:56:50 pm »
First....I love you Ann....you rock!

Second....Skeebo!!!  My brotha from anotha motha!   LOL.   Naaa...nothing too special...well, I did drink some really good Almond Milk, but other that that, the same ole toxic nuclear concoctions.   :)
M

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2010, 09:01:39 pm »
Stealing the thread!

So, I was walking in the park the other day (yea right, me walking in the park), and I happened to notice a raccoon eating what appeared to be a lobster tail. 

A raccoon eating sea-food? His hair's gon' fall off like Skeebo's.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2010, 10:11:05 pm »
I am having a very hard time understanding why this guy hasn't been banned. I fail to see how anything is gained by allowing this denialist to post made up numbers and suggest that he is doing fine, with HIV and his "supposed" numbers. I always thought that this site shunned such posters and I am really trying to understand how he is allowed to continue posting. His posts prove nothing, as he cannot even be honest with himself, let alone all of us here. I believe you are actually giving him some credibility, by allowing his drivel to be posted in this respected forum.

Can someone please enlighten me on why his threads and are not locked and he is not banned.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2010, 11:02:36 pm »
I am having a very hard time understanding why this guy hasn't been banned. I fail to see how anything is gained by allowing this denialist to post made up numbers and suggest that he is doing fine, with HIV and his "supposed" numbers. I always thought that this site shunned such posters and I am really trying to understand how he is allowed to continue posting. His posts prove nothing, as he cannot even be honest with himself, let alone all of us here. I believe you are actually giving him some credibility, by allowing his drivel to be posted in this respected forum.

Can someone please enlighten me on why his threads and are not locked and he is not banned.

I have worse numbers than him.  I look and feel fine.  You can't judge a book by it's cover.  You can however judge a denialist by it's youtube links.  Don't feed the troll.

Offline mpositive

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2010, 10:42:45 am »
Ok...that was the point of me stealing the thread.   :)    LET ME HAVE IT BACK!     :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2010, 10:46:39 am »
Ok...that was the point of me stealing the thread.   :)    LET ME HAVE IT BACK!     :)

Well, knock it off already. If some of you don't like this thread, why do you keep pulling it back up to the top of the page? ::)

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sdguyloveslife

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2010, 11:00:09 am »
Etay, I removed the link to your video in your other thread and in this thread. As you have links on your page to denialist websites, do not post links to your You Tube page again. We do not allow members to link to denialist websites and it is a bannable offence. You are very close to being banned as it is.

Ann

Well, it's about time!  It's not a ban, but at least one step closer.  Welcome back Ann!   :)
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2010, 12:27:22 pm »
Hey Etay,

I wish to apologize for asking that you be banned. After thinking about your situation and with the help of a very good friend, I believe I have mis-judged your intentions in posting here. No matter what anyone tells you, HIV can and will kill you, if you leave it untreated. This is scientific fact, that has been established for decades and I have lost hundreds of my friends and loved ones to HIV. I urge you to read the posts in the forums, from real people living with HIV, you will begin to see how you must take charge of your own health. Many of the people who spread mis-information regarding HIV, have never lived with the disease, nor are they qualified to speak to the realities of living with HIV.

I hope you stay and I invite you to ask questions, even the tough ones and we will do the best we can to answer you. I think I speak for many forum members, when I say that we are afraid that you are confused on what it means to be HIV positive. We know that you can live with HIV and have a long and fulfilling life, but we also know that to do that, you must treat your health and that includes your HIV. I fear that you will wait too long, without treatment and one day, a disease will hit you, but your immune system will be so destroyed, that you will have no chance to recover. I promise you that such a death will be horrible, as I have witnessed many of them.

I hope through extending my hand to you, that you will not become one of them.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2010, 12:36:49 pm »

Aww man, I can't take this... this is a great excuse to roll a blunt right now.

Offline mpositive

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2010, 12:54:58 pm »
<><><><>   confusion sets in <><><><>   :o

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2010, 01:25:33 pm »
Hey Etay,

I wish to apologize for asking that you be banned. After thinking about your situation and with the help of a very good friend, I believe I have mis-judged your intentions in posting here. No matter what anyone tells you, HIV can and will kill you, if you leave it untreated. This is scientific fact, that has been established for decades and I have lost hundreds of my friends and loved ones to HIV. I urge you to read the posts in the forums, from real people living with HIV, you will begin to see how you must take charge of your own health. Many of the people who spread mis-information regarding HIV, have never lived with the disease, nor are they qualified to speak to the realities of living with HIV.

I hope you stay and I invite you to ask questions, even the tough ones and we will do the best we can to answer you. I think I speak for many forum members, when I say that we are afraid that you are confused on what it means to be HIV positive. We know that you can live with HIV and have a long and fulfilling life, but we also know that to do that, you must treat your health and that includes your HIV. I fear that you will wait too long, without treatment and one day, a disease will hit you, but your immune system will be so destroyed, that you will have no chance to recover. I promise you that such a death will be horrible, as I have witnessed many of them.

I hope through extending my hand to you, that you will not become one of them.

I have to agree with Killfoile. The more we ridicule Etay (and I was one of them) the more we are pushing him away from possibly "seeing the light" about the necessity of HAART. I'm not certain what his intentions are for being a part of these forums, or what he is looking for here...perhaps he's confused, maybe he is looking for information, maybe it's an attention grab "look at me, I have horrible numbers and I am not on Meds" or maybe he does intend to have some of us question the use of HAART. But until he directly advocates denialism in these threads, and is banned for doing so, I think we have an opportunity to show him how he has made a bad decision to forego Meds. I applaud the Mods decision to warn him and remove his reference to a denialist website. Now we are on more of an even playing field.

Yes, it boils my blood to see some of his posts, but I will try to be open to discourse with him. In my opinion there is still hope that some day Etay will make the good choice to begin HAART, yes, I am an eternal optimist.

Etay, I know you dont post often, but I hope you have spent alot of time reading in the Forums and I hope you might have gained a better understanding of HAART, and what it can do for you. I will try not to shut you out if you chose to open up some more, all denialism aside.

-Will

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2010, 01:35:28 pm »

Etay,

I'm with Joe and Willy on this.  I apologize for my lack of compassion for a fellow pozzie.  I think I can in confidence say that many of us here are extremely concerned for you, and from what I can tell you are a very likeable guy.  Those two things alone may be the reason so many of us were coming out of left field at you.  I hope you understand.

Offline Dennis

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2010, 08:26:48 pm »
LOL! Funny how it took over 200 posts for you all to finally realize the benefits of not banning or ridiculing a fellow member and to keep the discussion open; even for those who happen to go against groupthink. Isn't this what mech, I and few others have been stating since etay started posting?

Amazing! All that wasted time talking about banning and overall negative energy for nothing.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2010, 08:41:49 pm »
LOL! Funny how it took over 200 posts for you all to finally realize the benefits of not banning or ridiculing a fellow member and to keep the discussion open; even for those who happen to go against groupthink. Isn't this what mech, I and few others have been stating since etay started posting?

Amazing! All that wasted time talking about banning and overall negative energy for nothing.

Well Dennis as you very well know, being the planner of past AMG events and all, you stand on a different planetary plane than the rest of us.  You are almost God like and in your avatar I can make out a faint halo.  I meant to tell you about it earlier, but I figured I would wait till you made some incredible revelation.

You should change your name to something more fitting like Joseph or Ezra...

Offline mpositive

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2010, 09:10:52 pm »
:)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2010, 09:20:45 pm »

Yes Dennis, I may have strayed, but in the end I see the light and am humbled as I kneel before you in all your glory ;D

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Basquo

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2010, 09:40:20 pm »
Well Dennis as you very well know, being the planner of past AMG events and all, you stand on a different planetary plane than the rest of us.  You are almost God like and in your avatar I can make out a faint halo.  I meant to tell you about it earlier, but I figured I would wait till you made some incredible revelation.

Okay, Skeebs, I gotta say that was a little much! 

You, too, Will.

Dennis is very God-like but it has nothing to do with AMG.

Nothing.

The God-like thing is because he's cute.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2010, 09:58:21 pm »
Okay, Skeebs, I gotta say that was a little much! 

Because it's you sir I will apologize profusely... 

I am so sorry Mr. Dennis!

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2010, 10:33:55 pm »
I think we should go one better and give Etay his own forum on here.  He is obviously the most interesting person on here and has to be handled with kid gloves.  You can all go worship over there.

My last post was about barfing up my Kaletra and should I retake the dosage.  That brought about 2 people out to respond.  Maybe I should have made a video of this - some people are more visual.

Better yet i should have named the thread "Vomited after taking Kaletra (which doesn't work anyway because only the power of prayer cures HIV).  I might have gotten everyone to come running to offer there advice
 ::)

Offline Dennis

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2010, 10:37:50 pm »
Yes Dennis, I may have strayed, but in the end I see the light and am humbled as I kneel before you in all your glory ;D

-Will

And while you're down there... ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:51:52 pm by Dennis »

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2010, 10:44:16 pm »
I think we should go one better and give Etay his own forum on here.  He is obviously the most interesting person on here and has to be handled with kid gloves.  You can all go worship over there.

My last post was about barfing up my Kaletra and should I retake the dosage.  That brought about 2 people out to respond.  Maybe I should have made a video of this - some people are more visual.

Better yet i should have named the thread "Vomited after taking Kaletra (which doesn't work anyway because only the power of prayer cures HIV).  I might have gotten everyone to come running to offer there advice

so what's the issue - that people are still posting here or that you think people didn't pay enough attention to your post?   Just trying to get at the root of what you're really upset about...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:51:00 pm by GNYC09 »

Offline Dennis

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2010, 10:50:17 pm »

Aahhh...the ever popular attack on Dennis through an AMG correlation. How AMG fits into this thread, I'll never know. But if that's all you got, go with it I guess.  ::)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2010, 11:30:47 pm »
And now some begin to get it.

For the record Etay wouldn't be the first proto-denialist who rocked up here only to change his tune later when exposure to the cold hard facts did its work.

MtD

/edit: clarification/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:52:35 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2010, 11:49:19 pm »
Aahhh...the ever popular attack on Dennis through an AMG correlation. How AMG fits into this thread, I'll never know. But if that's all you got, go with it I guess.  ::)

Dear Terminator, I would like to request permission to rescind my apology.  To be honest I was just poking fun at you, I forgot how delicate of an issue the AMG was for you.  Actually since I never attend, I never realized the magnitude of misfortune my above post must have caused you.  I hope you are OK, but I am still taking back my apology. ;D

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2010, 11:53:11 pm »
I think we should go one better and give Etay his own forum on here.  He is obviously the most interesting person on here and has to be handled with kid gloves.  You can all go worship over there.

My last post was about barfing up my Kaletra and should I retake the dosage.  That brought about 2 people out to respond.  Maybe I should have made a video of this - some people are more visual.

Better yet i should have named the thread "Vomited after taking Kaletra (which doesn't work anyway because only the power of prayer cures HIV).  I might have gotten everyone to come running to offer there advice

I would've responded but I didn't know what to tell you.  I had been wondering the same thing because every once in a while I'll wake up in the middle of the night kind of nauseous but I haven't vomited my meds up yet.  I was thinking just stick to your regular med schedule, maybe go a little early.  A little early won't hurt you too bad, a little short potentially might?  I dunno man.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2010, 12:00:46 am »
Thank you Dennis for that "I told you so" moment.  Next time, why don't you start your own thread to take swipes at people.  Pete, what the hell do you want? You posted about your barfing your meds, we took care of you, so why are you so pissed at this poor guy, who obviously needs much more guidance that you do? I came back to this thread, to apologize, because matty had it right: we need to take each poster at face value, until they actually do something that is against the forum rules.

I don't see how hijacking his thread is going to encourage him to respond.

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2010, 12:07:06 am »
Quote from: PeteNYNJ on Today at 10:33:55 pm
I think we should go one better and give Etay his own forum on here.  He is obviously the most interesting person on here and has to be handled with kid gloves.  You can all go worship over there.

My last post was about barfing up my Kaletra and should I retake the dosage.  That brought about 2 people out to respond.  Maybe I should have made a video of this - some people are more visual.

Better yet i should have named the thread "Vomited after taking Kaletra (which doesn't work anyway because only the power of prayer cures HIV).  I might have gotten everyone to come running to offer there advice

so what's the issue - that people are still posting here or that you think people didn't pay enough attention to your post?   Just trying to get at the root of what you're really upset about.../quote]

I was being more sarcastic than angry.  I just find it silly that people really only seem to respond to this when they are ridiculous in nature (myself included).  

The thing I don't really like is told how to respond to Etay because I guess he is too 'delicate' for tough love.     I wish him luck but I think he kinda gets a kick out of pushing people's buttons.  

And Killfoile, I appreciated the help I got from you and skeebo but I am not here to encourage him to respond.  I don't really care because I think he is full of it.

Sorry if this is considered a hijack (also sorry that I can't seem to figure out how to get my response out of the darker shadow part on here).

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:12:53 am by PeteNYNJ »

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2010, 03:11:56 am »
I see both sides of the argument.  To keep responding to Etay or not?  On the one hand, it is like Dr. Bob on thebody answering question after question about whether you can give yourself HIV or whether your cat gave ya HIV or whether you can catch HIV from a fart--no joke, real question.  He answers so many stupid questions that I'm sure he can't answer serious questions--people in need of advice about PEP.  I know this happened to someone who needed advice about PEP.  Dr. Bob finally responded a week later--well after PEP would work.  In the meantime, he was answering one stupid question after another.  They say there is no such thing as a stupid question, but many of these are.  Can you give yourself HIV??  WTF!

On the other hand, I guess he is educating those people.  So maybe we should keep trying to educate Etay with the truth.  It seems obvious he has been brainwashed by the deniers.  It is almost the exact same thing with my former partner.  He turned into a big religious nut and thinks God will heal him.  I'm not saying all religious people are nuts--just the ones who think God will cure a disease or you are somehow different than everyone else because you have a special relationship with God. 

Offline Dennis

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2010, 11:45:27 am »
Dear Terminator, I would like to request permission to rescind my apology.  To be honest I was just poking fun at you, I forgot how delicate of an issue the AMG was for you.  Actually since I never attend, I never realized the magnitude of misfortune my above post must have caused you.  I hope you are OK, but I am still taking back my apology. ;D

Yes, Skeebs. I think I'll be O.K. Thanks for your concern. And by all means, feel free to retract your apology. I wouldn't want you to feel pressured by another member to post something you simply don't feal. An apology to me would simply open you up to a witch hunt because it probably goes against the groupthink of AM members.

Dennis (who's know you're just poking fun)

Beside, how can I take someone seriously who's hair is drenched in motor oil?  ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 11:57:25 am by Dennis »

Offline Dennis

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2010, 11:55:52 am »
Thank you Dennis for that "I told you so" moment.  Next time, why don't you start your own thread to take swipes at people.  Pete, what the hell do you want? You posted about your barfing your meds, we took care of you, so why are you so pissed at this poor guy, who obviously needs much more guidance that you do? I came back to this thread, to apologize, because matty had it right: we need to take each poster at face value, until they actually do something that is against the forum rules.

I don't see how hijacking his thread is going to encourage him to respond.

Please! This thread was dead long before my "I told you so post." I believe it died once the witch hunt started 70 something or so posts ago. It wasn't I who closed the dialogue with Etay. He has continuosly been attacked for his personal views and choices, as well as an all out request for him to be banned (despite not breaking any rules of AM other than having reference to denialist info on his "personal" website, which he was applicably warned about). Some have even made horrible remarks about his supposed death. And we question why Etay doesn't participate more?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2010, 07:17:01 pm »
I give up. I'm locking this thread.

Etay, please feel free to start a new thread. I'm not locking this thread on your account, I'm locking it because some people just don't know how to stop hijacking a thread.

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.