Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:19:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773216
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 533
Total: 535

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Worry about my Status..... CMIA4th GEN Test & Western Blot Test  (Read 15192 times)

Offline samalxhere

I am new to this forum ...so plz forgive if i made any mistake in my posting and comments

I m sam alex...an indian who is working in cape Town.(SA).. Now we do have  happy time here with WC football ... but am bit worried with my issue.. even i am  in South Africa i did nt have sex with any one here .. i was so much cared about my health. but last year i visited abuja - cpital of nigeria.. in order to settle our issues with govt.. during the first day of my visit i had to saty there in lagos.. i reached lagos and had a nice time over the hotel and met a girl.. but had nice time no sex ... but we kissed deep 2 or three times .. on second day i moved to abuja... after 3 day i cam back lagos.. on forth day night i met the sma egirl in the bar .. and had nice time kissed once .. but finally i had sex with this black girl... gotta massage from her.. finally she gave me oral.. with condum.. but  not sure which type condum was that.. she bought it from out side the hotel on that night. condum become tight.. and i am an uncirumised man.. so i feel some pain .. so take out condum with my bare hands. then touched end of my penis to remove forskin  and had a look on it.. then she put new one and gave a oral for around 2 mnts ...had  sucked her both nips one time i think ..then i did fingering with 2 fingers - not sure about any cuts in my hands .. her but i had sex with smae condum.. but no condum break finaly i got ejacuated  inside her vagina..but with condum .. then  washed my penis ..next day i returned to  cape town (SA)on second day i got fever .... 2 days before my colleague( who travelled with me had fever) i had pain on my lymph area in groin... on third week i had watery motion 2or 3 times a day .. it lasts for 5 day... i used to have driver .. but once he took leave i started driving by myself .. that i had pain on muscle on my legs .. throat pain after 3or four months .. on that situation i had metalic taste pleghm when i cough.. visited dr had given me 1 type of tablets and mouth wash to gargle..then i move to my home land .. india .. so i visted a private lab over here did Hiv Test at 8 months.. But doc said its ELISA .. got results after 3 hours .. did another test ..they gave me results with in half an hour .. did CARD TEST 1&2..

I just wank to know .. is card test 1 &2 is a reliable one .. will that be accurate ...so i was happy ... but once i saw an article about HIv .. my mind starts worry about that incident ... got tested again in india on my second visit exactly after 14 months (after my sexual exposure )..... did the test in another place .. but same test .. CARD Test...

got some nasty sounds from stomach whn i am on bed ..got big bumps (faty) skin in both armpits ...had red spots in eyes after 6 months of expsure .. now got few black dots in my field of vision ( is it begining of CMV Disease)  and  white creamy /cheese kind of stuff in my mouth iside cheek and getting white layer skin inside upper and lower lips .....

Can anyone tell me -

1. is Card Test 1 & 2 reliable ?
2 how accurate are thsese results ?
3. any chance for fasle Negative ...
4. Is thrush a symptom of HIV infection later stage ... ?

Should I test further ???? waitign for ur valuable comments . guys ... plz help me with your knowledge about HIV/ any other sexual diseases

I did another Test .. for removing my worry... This time i did my test in a private lab  in India..(But my sexual encounter happened in nigeria)... even i am living in cape town.. i was really worried .. becoz i was very carefull about my sexula relation .. whn i work in South africa... i did nt have any sexual encounter in South africa.. but i did my first mistake in sexula relation .. with a girl in nigeria . 2009 may...

I asked the lab person to do ELISA/WB test for me .. i gave my blood ... and  they asked me to come after 3 days .. but after 3 days i got result ... but they did some other test..
It was written as follows..

HIV1&2 by CMIA(4th Generation Test)  OBSERVED VALUE  0.14 Non reactive
Reference Range   :     = 1.00 COI Reactive

I asked them ... why not ELISA/WB.. they Said this test is good as ELISA...if we find something wrong on this test( CMIA 4th Gen) .. we will do WB

I would like to know following Details

1 . Is this Test Reliable ( I mean CMIA 4th Genrtion Test) after 1 year and 1 month of sexual  encounter?...
2. Will this CMIA Test will detect all types & sub types of HIV ( Including types in African regiona as well)
3. Becoz  i fee 2 or 3 floater/Black dots in my eyes.
4 . Should I do ELISA - or other Test .

Waiting for your valuable/experienced comments... .

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Possibility of getting HIV infected & Reliability of Test
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 01:39:28 am »
I'm not reading through that massive wall of text.

Did you have unprotected anal or vaginal sex?

MtD

Offline samalxhere

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 01:43:49 am »
Plz try to understand my situation ... try to help me

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 01:53:33 am »
Plz try to understand my situation ... try to help me

I am trying to help you.

Did you have unprotected vaginal or anal sex (ie sex without a condom)?

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 07:51:28 am »
Sam,

It's no surprise that you've tested conclusively and reliably hiv negative. Nothing you did or had done to you was a risk for hiv infection.

Getting a blowjob, with or without a condom is not a risk for hiv infection. Kissing is also not a risk. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

Protected intercourse is just that - protected against hiv. Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection.

The tests that have been used on you are reliable and you have tested far outside the window period. You do NOT have hiv.

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline samalxhere

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 01:19:40 pm »
Ty very much ... Ann and Matty...

i used condum .. but given by the girl... not sure which type of condum is that .... do u have any idea about my problms which am facing now ...

got some nasty sounds from stomach whn i am on bed ..got big bumps (faty) skin in both armpits ...had red spots in eyes after 6 months of expsure .. now got few black dots in my field of vision ( is it begining of CMV Disease)  and  white creamy /cheese kind of stuff in my mouth iside cheek and getting white layer skin inside upper and lower lips .....

apart from that  i would like to know more about the following ...

1 . Is this Test Reliable ( I mean CMIA 4th Genrtion Test) after 1 year and 1 month of sexual  encounter?...
2. Will this CMIA Test will detect all types & sub types of HIV ( Including types in African regiona as well)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 01:35:02 pm »
Ty very much ... Ann and Matty...

i used condum .. but given by the girl... not sure which type of condum is that .... do u have any idea about my problms which am facing now ...

apart from that  i would like to know more about the following ...

As you have already been told you do not have HIV, you didn't have a risk of contracting HIV and you don't need any further testing.

Offline samalxhere

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 10:53:02 pm »
ty for your comments...

can anyone know about the following ...

3. Becoz  i can see floaters  1(on right eye) or 2 floater (on left eye)/Black dots in my eyes.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 10:55:40 pm »
REREAD AND COMPREHEND THE REPLIES YOU HAVE RECEIVED.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 08:26:25 am »
You are worrying needlessly. But you are very quickly going to find yourself getting a Time Out if you continue to return here needlessly when there has been no risk. You need to apply the information which has been given to you as you go forward.
Andy Velez

Offline samalxhere

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 02:25:46 am »
Hi all.. sorry to bother u again ... does any one know about HIV 1 &2  CMIA (4th generation test)..... that will detect (Type  M O N ..etc )all types of HIV infection ... ? becoz i did card test 1 &2 after 8 months and  CMIA 4th gen Test after 1 year... what i get is a conclusive ? should i test furter  ELISA/WB.. now i feel some floaters in my both eyes .. i gooogled all these .. but it directing towards HIV infection.. How i can identify the swallen/enlarged lymphnodes ...? any one got any idea... plz giv e ur mail id

I do have some white creamy stuff on my mouth... is it a thrush ?.. some pimples on forhead  n face....... is that related to HIv infection ...

Will CMIA 4 th gen test  can dectect all type of HIV infection groups previlaing african region ???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 06:07:37 am »
sam,

How many times do you have to be told that you didn't have a risk? You don't need further testing because even if you did have a risk, you've tested conclusively hiv negative.

If you feel unwell or are worried about your eyes, see a doctor and/or an ophthalmologist.

Come back with more of the same and you WILL be given that time out you've been warned about.
If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline samalxhere

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 11:20:46 pm »
Hey ann..

i do have symptoms again ....i am not disturbing u again pl do not ignore me .. got white skin in side mouth - cheek wall and in inside  edge of lips where it come together... got few floaters... gtting pimples on face nn apart from that i do have pimples on in growth of my hair( body hair)

1. should i do re -test again ???..
2. 4th generation test after 1 year - will detect all types of HIV infection ?
3. Can that test detect HIV types in African side as well???
plz forgive my ignorance if am wrong ....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 11:35:13 pm »
   Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline samalxhere

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 06:51:25 am »
Hey ann , Rapid rod..

Thanks for your Help n valuable comments...i am not posting again ...This will be my last question

1 will CMIA test after 1 year 2 month ..will be conclusive ... Becoz some site says .. the CMIA test are so sensitive.. but It will look for p24 antigen.... in most of the cases  some ppl wont have p24 antigen ( generated by HIV virus in initial period) after 6 months in body/blood

plz forgive me if am wrong...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 07:33:39 am »
Sam,

Most people who have actually been infected will no longer have the p24 antigen two to three WEEKS after infection, not six months. And the window period for testing is only three months.

But all of this is irrelevant where you're concerned because you did NOT HAVE A RISK.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline samalxhere

Worry about my Status..... CMIA4th GEN Test & Western Blot Test
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 11:05:54 am »
I had an exposure 15 months back with West African gurl..... after that i had few symptoms.. after 8 months i did my first test ...Dont know which one is that .. then i did 2 times a test called Card test 1 &2... aftr 12 th and  13 month....all were negative ..but my mind worery about the mistake ...i looked for symptoms .. then i decided to do ELISA test... but the Lab performed CMIA 4th Generation test..i did this test on end of 13 th month  . but my exposure was with an african gurl did my test in middle east county and in asia as well . all my test were negative ...The lab people said  CMIA 4th gen will be able to give you value ...my value was 0.14 ref range was 1 reactive.. i do have floaters and bumps in armpits and groin getting acene/puz filled pimples on face and in eye brow, forhead near my nose,legs and in begining  of my body hair..

I had sex vth a nigerian gurl . on last year may 2009..I used condums .. after that i tested ..in private clinic .. dont know which test they conducted .. said NEGtve then i did another Test after 12 months ...It was CMIA 4th Generation test for 1& 2.. said value 0.14..negative .. if its >=1 reactive  and if its <1 non reactive ... but i had  2 black moveing dots in left eye and one black moving dots in right eye...i think its floaters n white cheese kinda stuff in my mouth in  the morning whn i wake up.... is it Thrush .. or becoz of open mouth sleeping .. becoz of my worry i did Western Blot test ...got results like this

HIV 1-gp 160(ENV) - negative
HIV 1-gp 120(ENV) negative
HIV 1-P 66 (POL) negative
HIV 1-P55(GAG) Negative
HIV 1-P -51(POL) negative
HIV 1-gp 41 ENV negative
HIV 1-p 39 GAG negtive
HIV 1 -p31 POL negative
HIV -P24 GAG negative
HIV 1 -P 17 GAG Negative

HIV - 2 Negative

it sounds that HIV 1 full negative

Now i worry about HIV 2  .. becoz cant see details about that on test report

Becoz i had sex with Nigerian gurl ..i think there HIV2 is more ...

should i re test again ?

plz need ur assistance

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Worry about my Status..... CMIA4th GEN Test & Western Blot Test
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 12:27:39 pm »
Sam,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

We've repeatedly told you that you did not have a risk for hiv infection. You don't need to worry about hiv2 because you weren't at risk for that either. In fact, it is even more difficult to transmit hiv2 than hiv1.

You did not have a risk. You do not need further testing.

If you persist on using this forum to question your no risk incidents and your conclusive negative results, you'll quickly be given a second time out and it will last for 56 days.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED FOR THE LAST TIME!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline samalxhere

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 01:01:14 am »
Hi all

i had exposure 22 months before - it was with an african girl .. got tested after 8 ,14,15,16 ,18 months like dont know what test was done in first .. then i  did MEIA, CMIA , card test( i think  card  test is rapid test) ,  second time did CMIA 4th generation test after 1 year .. then had MEIA + p24 after 1.5 yrs .. had WB .. all negative .. but i do have some symptoms like black spots , white cream kind stuff in mouth whn i wake up... and flotaers ..

I would like to know from you guy that.. are those results conclusive ?

all those test would pick up  - stain of HIV group O as well ??

Should i test gain for Group O .. becoz Group O can be found in Africa ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 01:07:30 am »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 01:08:07 am »
Hi all

i had exposure 22 months before - it was with an african girl .. got tested after 8 ,14,15,16 ,18 months like dont know what test was done in first .. then i  did MEIA, CMIA , card test( i think  card  test is rapid test) ,  second time did CMIA 4th generation test after 1 year .. then had MEIA + p24 after 1.5 yrs .. had WB .. all negative .. but i do have some symptoms like black spots , white cream kind stuff in mouth whn i wake up... and flotaers ..

I would like to know from you guy that.. are those results conclusive ?

all those test would pick up  - stain of HIV group O as well ??

Should i test gain for Group O .. becoz Group O can be found in Africa ?

You do not have HIV. I do not know how we can explain this any more simply. You were not at risk and your test results are conclusive.

You do not have HIV.

In light of your continuing inability or refusal to accept this and to observe our posting guidelines (including starting multiple threads), I have no other option than to refer your latest posts to our Moderators for review.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 06:05:39 am »
Sam,

You do not have hiv.

I'm giving you that second time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.